User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Earth, North America, North, East, 9th State, 42° 56' 1" N, 72° 16' 41" W
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
I am going to give you a different perspective here. I worked for a couple larger outfits and one almost Mega-carrier with their own training school. Now I did not pull flatbed so I can not compare TMC to Maverick in that regards however I am going by what I saw on the road and also by how I was treated the companies I drove for. I was at one company 16 months and started off 220 on the senoirty list when I left there I was 16th now what does that tell you on how many drivers they go thru and the turnover rate. Another company to them all I was was a number and a body the last one treated me like a person and they cared and whenever a driver in that needed help they got it no questions asked. I have talked to multiple TMC drivers and most of them are happy there but they have a few issues and they are drivers that have been there for YEARS. Remeber this chrome does not pay your familes bills at home. I also have talked to Maverick drivers and they have the same issues and remember these are the longterm drivers. It is just they know what it cost to change companies and do not want to do it. At my last company I started at 240 and when I left I was still 200 so in 16 months I only gained 40 spots that company had a low turnover rate yet was very successfull.
Yet the chrome does pay my bills, maintains my lifestyle, enables me to save money, and allows me to be home with the people I love. Snot perfect but I am grateful that I made the decision to go with the company.

Speaking of the people I love...have a nice weekend everyone!
Proverbs 12:24, God, A really long time ago.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:08 PM

GoldiesPlating & vonSeggern ~

I agree TMC has nice looking trucks and have respectable people working for them HOWEVER I also know that they arent the company you make them out to be.
A good company, yeah maybe however they not the greatest company out there like you always say they are.

When I was going threw my schooling I did TONS of research on many different companies, in the end my decision came down to Maverick and TMC. A friend of mine and myself both went back and forth quite a bit on which was the better company to start with. I chose Maverick and he picked TMC.

We both left for our companies on the same date, we both started our orientation with our companies on the same date, and we both had VERY different experiences with our companies.

My experience with Maverick was great, I made $550 dollars for orientation, after that it was $100 dollars a day with no experience.. He was making no where near that with TMC. I know for a fact that he made no more than $350 for orientation and no more than $300 or $350 per week during training with no experience.

We both finished up our training at the exact same time, I immediately headed out with my trainer the Friday that my training ended, He was sent home and told to wait for his call. He waited, and waited and waited. All the while I was out with my trainer. My trainer released me after a week of training with him saying their was no reason to keep me and gave me reviews like *drives like someone who has been driving for years not a recent graduate.* Now my friend and I went to the same 384 hour CDL course and I know for a fact that he drives as good as I do if not better than I do.
My friend and I kept in constant contact and after a week of waiting he decided to call Maverick himself and apply their and be done with TMC. It wasnt until that call that he made into Maverick and Maverick contacting TMC to find out about him, that he got the call from TMC with his trainer and questions to him as to why he called Maverick and TMC wanting to know why he applied with Maverick. So he being the dedicated guy he is, decided to stick it out and head out with his TMC trainer.
During my time with my driver trainer I was paid Training miles and brought home a paycheck of over $800.00 that week. My friend only brought home $350 a week while spending the 6 weeks with his driver trainer.
My driver trainer was a great guy who had me doing all sorts of things as well as spending 99% of my time driving. His TMC driver trainer had him sitting in the passenger seat nearly 95% of the time and when he did manage to get behind the wheel, he was stuck listening to his driver trainer complain about the company.
I know for a fact he drives as well as I do, yeah the super truckers we are *lol*

I was issued my truck with Maverick while he spent 6 long weeks with a TMC driver trainer who drove him completely nuts and 3 short days before his *release date* he told his driver trainer he had enough. At this time, he was issued a new driver trainer and TMC told him he had to spend at least another week with this driver trainer for him to determine if it is ok that he be released now or if he will require more time with his driver trainer.

While he is doing all of this stuff, I'm out in my own issued truck making good money, running on average of 2500 miles per week. My total year to date from my start date (March 19th 2007) until my last check (May 5th 2007) with Maverick was $5415.20 and I know for a fact he hasnt seen anything near that. And I even left early during that week.

Currently OTR driving isnt for me personally, I have a wife and 2 boys and after spending time away from home, I knew it wasnt for me, so I opted to head home and get a local job. Might not pay as great as OTR does but the family time I would miss more than makes up for it. HOWEVER if I ever decide to head out OTR again, I know where to go and where not to go.. and Maverick is my first choice of company over any other. Leaving a company for the reasons I did is more than understandable in the trucking profession and everyone at Maverick was more than understandable about my feelings and wished me nothing but the best.

TMC is not this great company that its made out to be by everyone, a good company, maybe but not the greatest company that you all make it out to be. What most new drivers dont understand is that you are earning a recruiting fee every time they give you there information, I am gaining nothing by speaking the truth.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:40 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: Earth, North America, North, East, 9th State, 42° 56' 1" N, 72° 16' 41" W

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontwo
TMC is not this great company that its made out to be by everyone, a good company, maybe but not the greatest company that you all make it out to be. What most new drivers dont understand is that you are earning a recruiting fee every time they give you there information, I am gaining nothing by speaking the truth.
Two things:

In any post that I have issued, please find where I said that TMC is a great company. TMC is a good company that, on many occasions, I have bitched about on this thread and the old TMC thread. I actually have many issues with company policies and the like. I also believe that I have given interested drivers and recruits an honest assessment of their decision to get into trucking, flatbedding, and TMC itself.

Believe me this next statement is important to me. On the soul of my very dear departed sister, I have never receved one penny for recruiting a driver.

My response to drivers on the road is to call Matt, that's all. Being a poker player, the odds against a recruit getting to the point where I might get the huge $100, do not overcome the time that I would waste getting them in my truck to take their name and info. On at least three occasions, I have even refused to participate in the trucking school dog and pony show thing.
Proverbs 12:24, God, A really long time ago.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontwo
GoldiesPlating & vonSeggern ~

I agree TMC has nice looking trucks and have respectable people working for them HOWEVER I also know that they arent the company you make them out to be.
A good company, yeah maybe however they not the greatest company out there like you always say they are.

When I was going threw my schooling I did TONS of research on many different companies, in the end my decision came down to Maverick and TMC. A friend of mine and myself both went back and forth quite a bit on which was the better company to start with. I chose Maverick and he picked TMC.

We both left for our companies on the same date, we both started our orientation with our companies on the same date, and we both had VERY different experiences with our companies.

My experience with Maverick was great, I made $550 dollars for orientation, after that it was $100 dollars a day with no experience.. He was making no where near that with TMC. I know for a fact that he made no more than $350 for orientation and no more than $300 or $350 per week during training with no experience.

We both finished up our training at the exact same time, I immediately headed out with my trainer the Friday that my training ended, He was sent home and told to wait for his call. He waited, and waited and waited. All the while I was out with my trainer. My trainer released me after a week of training with him saying their was no reason to keep me and gave me reviews like *drives like someone who has been driving for years not a recent graduate.* Now my friend and I went to the same 384 hour CDL course and I know for a fact that he drives as good as I do if not better than I do.
My friend and I kept in constant contact and after a week of waiting he decided to call Maverick himself and apply their and be done with TMC. It wasnt until that call that he made into Maverick and Maverick contacting TMC to find out about him, that he got the call from TMC with his trainer and questions to him as to why he called Maverick and TMC wanting to know why he applied with Maverick. So he being the dedicated guy he is, decided to stick it out and head out with his TMC trainer.
During my time with my driver trainer I was paid Training miles and brought home a paycheck of over $800.00 that week. My friend only brought home $350 a week while spending the 6 weeks with his driver trainer.
My driver trainer was a great guy who had me doing all sorts of things as well as spending 99% of my time driving. His TMC driver trainer had him sitting in the passenger seat nearly 95% of the time and when he did manage to get behind the wheel, he was stuck listening to his driver trainer complain about the company.
I know for a fact he drives as well as I do, yeah the super truckers we are *lol*

I was issued my truck with Maverick while he spent 6 long weeks with a TMC driver trainer who drove him completely nuts and 3 short days before his *release date* he told his driver trainer he had enough. At this time, he was issued a new driver trainer and TMC told him he had to spend at least another week with this driver trainer for him to determine if it is ok that he be released now or if he will require more time with his driver trainer.

While he is doing all of this stuff, I'm out in my own issued truck making good money, running on average of 2500 miles per week. My total year to date from my start date (March 19th 2007) until my last check (May 5th 2007) with Maverick was $5415.20 and I know for a fact he hasnt seen anything near that. And I even left early during that week.

Currently OTR driving isnt for me personally, I have a wife and 2 boys and after spending time away from home, I knew it wasnt for me, so I opted to head home and get a local job. Might not pay as great as OTR does but the family time I would miss more than makes up for it. HOWEVER if I ever decide to head out OTR again, I know where to go and where not to go.. and Maverick is my first choice of company over any other. Leaving a company for the reasons I did is more than understandable in the trucking profession and everyone at Maverick was more than understandable about my feelings and wished me nothing but the best.

My experience with TMC is vastly different different than your friend's. I can't even begin to guess why. A lot of it is having a good Fleet Manager that will maximize my time and my willingness to work. I don't sit around bemoaning all the perceived slights against me, I get out there and get the job done. So far, TMC has been a great company to work for. I can look at the two Websites and see how much my orientation and training pay would be, I did, from all information I had I still decided on TMC. Amout of pay was a big issue with me, not the only issue, but important. While Maverick pays more at first, TMC pays more after training. In the long run that means more money overall. Please do not take this as bashing Maverick, I have no negative feelings about Maverick. If I didn't work at TMC Maverick would probably be my second choice. Second place isn't bad, is it?
Old 05-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
...A lot of it is having a good Fleet Manager that will maximize my time and my willingness to work....
That about wraps it up doesn't it!