User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
From who I have talked to, the package guys at FedEx love their gigs and pull anywhere from 60-80K on the bottom line.
60-80k NET hahaha thanks for the laugh. That's on the gross, bud. And it’s before health insurance, retirement, parts/labor on a Grumman/Olson package car, Uncle Sam, yadda, yadda, yadda. There's no paid vacation, no accrued personal days, no paid holidays...NO THANKS! These IC's who supposedly own their own business (snicker!) make nowhere near what UPS EMPLOYEES make. And FedEx wonders why the Teamsters are knocking on the door? I saw the writing on the wall back in the late 90’s when I was a service manager out of RPS/Ground’s Los Angeles barn after I got out of the military. I was there when Tony Estrada filed his original grievance against RPS. Fun times -I was going out with a female driver (whoops...that's why I don't work there anymore ) and she quit and sent her scanner/uniforms back to FedEx via UPS. Hmmmm...looks like Dan Sullivan just cashed in his chips, I wonder why? Getting out with all his stock options before the $hit hits the fan?

To the guy looking at driving for Ground/Home Delivery as an employee, I'd advise going elsewhere: like UPS or DHL. Look at it like this: FedEx gets their cut, the contractor gets his, and THEN you get paid. Think you'll ever make good money with all those hands in your pocket? Better think again. Go to UPS and bid your way up to package car and then feeder. Or get your CDL and pull for FedEx Freight - they'll hire you after like 2 years. Forget the smoke-and-mirrors IC pyramid scheme.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:48 PM

cold frost, you are about an idiot. don't talk trash that you do not know about. P&D gross about 60 as an owner. again let me ask the name of the website again? and by the way, is this a competetion to see who makes more money or is home everyday? man alive, what a bunch of sh**. we all know that UPS is proabably the best paid truck driver, so what. and frosty shut your piehole
Old 03-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
cold frost, you are about an idiot. don't talk trash that you do not know about. P&D gross about 60 as an owner. again let me ask the name of the website again? and by the way, is this a competetion to see who makes more money or is home everyday? man alive, what a bunch of sh**. we all know that UPS is proabably the best paid truck driver, so what. and frosty shut your piehole
What Frosty is saying is pretty much accurate.. Fedex Ground P&D drivers gross about 60,000 to 80,000 a year but you have to take out your own insurance, fuel, claims (if packages is missing), repairs for your vehicle, and etc.

There are numerous websites about the Fedex lawsuit.

www.fedexaminer.com

http://www.fedexwatch.org

You make money there but also you lose money!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 06:57 PM

i guess nobody can figure out my name here and who i work for, jeesh. i know what i make and i drive line haul for a contractor. i also have a freind in town that owns his p&d truck and run.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
ok, for you buster brown guys, i am soooo happy that you get paid by the hour for everything that you do, fan f***ing-tastic. for the rest of us we are not ruining america by working the way we do, so shut your pie hole, i am sick of hearing how wonderful you got it and how sh**ty the rest of us have it. and by the way, what importance is this discussion anyway, if i read right it is the p&d guys(no CDL needed) not the line haul guys(CDL required). What is the name of this website again????
I dont have a problem with what UPS makes. I have a problem with them bragging all the time and putting down the people on this board, most of whom have few options. Those that do have options have made their choice. UPS driver jobs are only open to long time slaves of the brown bracelet so what difference does it make? Unless you're young and no bills its not an option. Good LTL jobs are the same way. I've been laid off by Yellow and Conway, Smooth was laid off by Yellow, Ben by Roadway etc, etc, etc. Its not that some of us dont want those jobs, its just tougher than you think. I feel fortunate right now that its working out at UPS Feight. If those brown clowns ever lost their job they would get a quick dose of reality and hopefully some humility when they find out just what their options really are. They grew up in the UPS system and were trained to drive tractor trailer. They paid their dues in a different way. Not as a greasy trucker. I will say that I run with UPS feeder drivers every nite and most of them are very friendly and laid back. Again, I say were all out here together just trying to make a living in the way that best suits us.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:09 PM

nice response snowman, i agree 100%. you must not have the temper and smart ass that i do. thank you.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Board Regular

And the SCABS are jealous.....Wow, you non-union clowns will do or say ANYTHING to justify your little scab jobs won't you ?? Whats the matter boys, don't have the balls to stand up for yourselves ???? A "slave" to the UPS system ? Oh PLEASE...Yeah, I have a real tough time with it. A decent wage, NO FREE TIME-REAL BENEFITS, and a LIFE. Keep on justifying your FREE TIME . Maybe those chicken lights will feed you in retirement. Oh, and don't forget, next month, when the NAFTA trucks start rolling. Don't bitch when you are un-employed or your wages are cut. Yes, we at UPS make good money and have good health and welfare. We only wish ALL truck drivers would have the COURAGE to stand up for themselves and do the SAME. But you DON'T. So you spend all your time sniveling and complaining about people that DO have the balls to stand up for themselves. You missed the point entirely. It's NOT bragging. It's showing that ALL of you could have the same, if only you had the guts to fight for it. But, you don't. www.teamster.org (Oh, and BTW, you can find me between Phoenix and Ontario any Tuesday or Thursday evening (after midnight) on I-10.) I'd run with FedEx Ground guys, but they seem to have trouble keeping their sets in their lanes......but, I am a nice guy.....
Old 03-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Give me a break. You didnt fight for sh*t. You got a good job and your along for the ride. No one said they didnt envy your job, some of us do, we just dont care for your condescending attitude. Why are you even here? Hanging around with newbies, losers and greasy truckers? Your only here to impress people and build up your ego. Dont you have a boat or a Lincoln Navigator that needs polishing? Take your better than us crap over to the brown cafe where you belong.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Board Regular

Whats the matter..Can't face the truth ?? Where anyone goes on the Internet is NONE of your business......
Old 03-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Board Regular

and no-one is looking for "envy". It is the luck of the draw I ended up where I did. My point is that drivers need to stop letting themselves be exploited because "that's the way it's always been".....Only if you allow it. Once attacked, I respond.