Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: USA Truck - AVOID IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleRider
IF I had a third party who had witnessed these things they told me, I would sue their butts off for breach of contract, but, as these conversations took place on the phone and no written communication was sent to me, I am screwed.
Breech of what contract? Them saying that they will hire you (contingent on physical, drug screening, etc) is not a contract. Even if they sent you a "pre-hire" letter, that still is not a contract.
Well stated
Old 03-01-2007, 04:11 AM
Board Regular
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Breech of what contract? Them saying that they will hire you (contingent on physical, drug screening, etc) is not a contract. Even if they sent you a "pre-hire" letter, that still is not a contract.

well, if they stated this in a letter sent to a perspective hire, then at the very least it shows lack of character on the carriers part.

But for legal reasons, I'm sure there is a paragraph that staes it can be termintated by either party for any reason without notice.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:20 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaJim
There's got to be more to this story. Why would a company just all of a sudden not hire YOU? Are they not hiring ANY drivers? Why would they single YOU out if they didn't have a good reason? Maybe it's the "impaired driving" record that you was bragging about in another post? How many preventables do you have? How many moving violations do you have? If you're going to dog out a comapny and say AVOID IT, at least tell the whole story so folks researching companies have the straight scoop.
Some companies allow more than the number of drivers they want to hire to show up for orientation knowing that some will walk out before its over. If nobody walks they have to start looking for reasons to send people home. Happens all the time.
That may very well happen, and I'm not questioning what you say, but it doesn't sound like the poster even made it that far. In a previous post he said he had:

"3 preventables, 3 tickets, only 2 of which were considered moving vio's."

Maybe the company didn't feel comfortable hiring someone with these incidents/accidents in their past. Not a good reason to say a company should be avoided. But, to some folks, it's always going to be the companys fault.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:38 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm gonna repeat what everyone else said. "Why woouldn't they hire you. We know they wouldn't hire you, but WHAT were the reasons?"

Stay away from Angelina Jolie!!!! She got drunk one night and proposed, but the next day wehn she sobered up and realized I had 2 felonies, a pending bankrupcy, and 5 children from 4 different mothers she took the proposal back. I think going to sue her for breach of contract,mental anguish, too bad it was in a bar and verbal, otherwise a 3rd party would make sure I got my 50%! 8)
Old 03-01-2007, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Calling a potential offer of employment a "contract" is a stretch.
An oral agreement is as binding as a written one. As far as it being a "stretch", I am going by the exact words used by the recruiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
This isn't new - most of the major carriers don't even run a DAC report until the driver is either prepared to go to orientation, or is at orientation. Obviously, something in your past scared them off. Care to speculate on what it was?
They already pulled my DAC and we had thoroughly discussed everything in it. Hence, my very first statement:
I was approved by safety already
If there had been any question, and they saw me warts and all, then they should not have began making arrangements to get me there and housed for orientation.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaJim
There's got to be more to this story. Why would a company just all of a sudden not hire YOU? Are they not hiring ANY drivers? Why would they single YOU out if they didn't have a good reason? Maybe it's the "impaired driving" record that you was bragging about in another post? How many preventables do you have? How many moving violations do you have? If you're going to dog out a comapny and say AVOID IT, at least tell the whole story so folks researching companies have the straight scoop.
No one was BRAGGING, Jim. As I said, hopefully those bad habits are behind me now and I was hoping to start with a clean slate, to an extent. (The DAC is always going to reflect the history that can't be changed.)
Old 03-01-2007, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleRider
IF I had a third party who had witnessed these things they told me, I would sue their butts off for breach of contract, but, as these conversations took place on the phone and no written communication was sent to me, I am screwed.
If I come to your house and say I'll fix your roof for you and you agree to let me fix it, with, or without, any written agreement, that is still a contract. IF I don't fix it well, or leave the job half done, then you could, based on our oral agreement, sue me for breach of contract. AND, in all likelihood, you would win the suit. All that is required for anything to be legally considered a contract is the agreement of both parties that X will occur, with obligations ensuing on your part and that of the other party.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
I'm gonna repeat what everyone else said. "Why woouldn't they hire you. We know they wouldn't hire you, but WHAT were the reasons?"

Stay away from Angelina Jolie!!!! She got drunk one night and proposed, but the next day wehn she sobered up and realized I had 2 felonies, a pending bankrupcy, and 5 children from 4 different mothers she took the proposal back. I think going to sue her for breach of contract,mental anguish, too bad it was in a bar and verbal, otherwise a 3rd party would make sure I got my 50%! 8)
Funny guy. If you read the original post, it tells you very plainly that the company would not disclose their reasons for not hiring me. And, as near as I can tell, at 9 o'clock in the morning, the recruiter was not drunk.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Senior Board Member

I would place this in the "second thoughts drawer".
Like in my case. Told I had the job, pending physical and drug test.
They said I had a good driving record, and work history.
Then they had "second thoughts" due to not working for 2 years.

Either I'm a loaf or milking the system.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Senior Board Member

"Sue their butts off"

And how much would you get 2 weeks pay, at most? What monetary damages do you think you could re-coup?

Thanks for calling me funny guy :lol: