User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2007, 04:33 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I dont think pale rider is even reading this anymore, but Ill put my two cents in just in case he wants to read it.

USA truck is based in van buren AR. Arkansas is a "at will" employer state, if at best you had a contract which it seems you did not (thats not the point) and you thought you were "hired" or "prehired" no matter they can fire you at any point for no reason at all. And the best part is they do not have to give you a reason. period, end of story. If you did get a lawyer he would tell you the same thing. so go ahead and get a free consultation and drive to arkansas and talk to a lawyer.

just my two cents, mainly from bordem sitting in a motel room while the trucks broke down.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Just a quick response, I didnt really read it til today, probably boredom being a motivator, but anyway....

As far as filing suit, you cant sue a company for firing you from a job you never had anyway. If that was true, hell I'd apply for a job as a astronaut with NASA, once they turn me down, I can sue 'em.

But back to reality, USA Truck is a privately owned business and is under no obligation to give you any reason to fire you.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Yesterday in New Hampshire on I-93 southbound I watched a USA TRUCK
jacknife in a heavy Nor'Easter Snow storm.He kissed some trees and jacked hard and tight.Now I understand why they don't have "BAT WINGS" on their cornbinders.Thay would keep getting busted off. The driver was a young guy.He was Ok it looked to me as if a 4 wheeler slid and hit his right front tire. and he was gone.Heavy wet snow.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Really?? Wow! That's Cool!!

It is a nice area, but we are really starting to see the Urban Sprawl hitting hard. That's good for the real Estate Market, (which, in both business and financial terms, means that it is good for me!!) but the days of quiet nights and star filled skies are coming to an end.

If you are on the water, or flying above the water, there is considerable beauty to appreciate. On the Ground?? If the sticker burrs and the fire ants don't get you, the sharp rocks or the scorpions will!!

Unless we get some pretty serious rain pretty soon, the Sate of Texas may have to rename us "Canyon Puddle", Texas. Unfortunately, if we DO get sufficient rains to bring the water level back up, then a whole lot of South Texas will be very hard hit by flooding!!

In the past decade, we have had three One Hundered Year Floods, and One Five Hundred Year Flood hit us down here!!!

Now, we are in another El Nina pattern a fertile breeding ground for Hurricaines, but along with it comes very lengthy drouts, so it looks like we may have another "Dry Monsoon" this year!!

[/quote]

Would you like some rain? I would love to be able to dry out a little bit here :!: :!: :!: :lol: So would the rest of the Triangle I am sure :!: :!:
Old 03-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Board Regular

I've driven through enough snow this year. Jacknifing is always a possibility if you drive too fast. As a new student driver I would start at CFI and stay there.