User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2007, 04:12 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

There is no difference in being a company driver for Prime or any other company. There is good and bad with all. At Prime you will get the miles and your pay is good for a beginner. With longevity you will see the benefits increase plus you have some great maintenence for your truck. If you dont make money Prime dont make money. I completed 3 leases and did just fine but I wouldnt suggest the lease to anyone until they knew what they were doing and what they were getting in to. I love the company driver side and I make damn good money with a lot less stress than I had with the lease and all expenses are Primes not yours.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:48 AM

I went through Prime's training program and I believe it is one of the best in the industry. The take you through 60,000 miles of teaming with a trainer. They don't team you with a newbie like some companies do, they team you with an actual trainer who will teach you very well how to be a good trucker in those 6 months. My training from Prime has been invaluable to say the last.

Their lease program is not for everyone, and I would caution anyone agasint going into one who is new and not very experienced in trucking. There are some who do very well with the lease and make good money, but you are not garunteed to make money. You are in business for yourself, and you assume all the risks as to whether you fail or succeed.

Now to your originial questions...After completing the training program, you will start off at .34 a mile. If you run hard, you should be able to get 3,000 plus miles a week. Prime definately has the freight to keep you moving. And to whomever said it, NO, Lease operators do not get preference for freight over company drivers. That is totally bogus. It is all up for grabs. Often what will happen is that the lower paying loads get passed off to the company drivers, as the lease ops are paid by percentage and want higher paying loads. As a company driver, this doesn't concern you as you only want the miles. I've heard good stuff and bad stuff about how company drivers are treated. You'll hear that at any company though. They do have forced dispatch. You get one day off for every week out. Once you're there a year, you are under no obligation to Prime and you can go anywhere you want. If you're looking for a top notch training program and a good entry into trucking, I would say Prime is a good way to go. Just stay away from the lease and you'll be fine. Good luck,

Ryan
Old 02-16-2007, 05:35 AM

I agree with Mud. Icky asks for feedback on Prime and then argues when you don't tell him what he wants to hear. Why is he wasting everyone's time?

Icky, write back in six months and tell us all about Prime!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Default re

prime has one of the best training programs in the industry?? LMFAO>>. dude they suck ... they pay you chit, while u rack up the miles... anyway bol if you want to be dumb by all means don't let any of us stand in your way..... see below
driver67373 wrote:

Quote:
I went through Prime's training program and I believe it is one of the best in the industry. The take you through 60,000 miles of teaming with a trainer. They don't team you with a newbie like some companies do, they team you with an actual trainer who will teach you very well how to be a good trucker in those 6 months. My training from Prime has been invaluable to say the last.

Their lease program is not for everyone, and I would caution anyone agasint going into one who is new and not very experienced in trucking. There are some who do very well with the lease and make good money, but you are not garunteed to make money. You are in business for yourself, and you assume all the risks as to whether you fail or succeed.

Now to your originial questions...After completing the training program, you will start off at .34 a mile. If you run hard, you should be able to get 3,000 plus miles a week. Prime definately has the freight to keep you moving. And to whomever said it, NO, Lease operators do not get preference for freight over company drivers. That is totally bogus. It is all up for grabs. Often what will happen is that the lower paying loads get passed off to the company drivers, as the lease ops are paid by percentage and want higher paying loads. As a company driver, this doesn't concern you as you only want the miles. I've heard good stuff and bad stuff about how company drivers are treated. You'll hear that at any company though. They do have forced dispatch. You get one day off for every week out. Once you're there a year, you are under no obligation to Prime and you can go anywhere you want. If you're looking for a top notch training program and a good entry into trucking, I would say Prime is a good way to go. Just stay away from the lease and you'll be fine. Good luck,

Ryan
Old 02-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Rookie

Try SRT. They are a good company. Go all 48 pay good and keep you busy.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Default Re: re

Speak with facts man, get your stuff straight. They garuntee you 500 a week during training or 10 cents a mile, whichever is great. That is right up there with any other training program in another company. I often got more than 500, sometimes over 600, cus most weeks we would run over 5000. A few times we went over 6000 miles. The QUALITY and CALIBER of the training program is industry leading and since you haven't been at Prime or been through the training program, shut your face unless you have real factual information to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyazz
prime has one of the best training programs in the industry?? LMFAO>>. dude they suck ... they pay you chit, while u rack up the miles... anyway bol if you want to be dumb by all means don't let any of us stand in your way..... see below
driver67373 wrote:

Quote:

Ryan
Old 02-16-2007, 06:32 PM

just my 2 cents...but training is not team driving. I don't care how experienced or how good a teacher the other guy is, if he is sleeping he aint training.

Seems to me lots of companies rape their noobs by forcing them to run team for 10cpm. The company is NOT thinking about the driver in this situation. Well they are, and how they can force them to run thier freight for only 10cpm. Think about it. that just makes you cheap labor. All in the name of training.

No thanks. I was with a trainer for 3 weeks. He slept only when the truck was parked, AND i got paid per mile what some companies pay their rookie solo drivers.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Senior Board Member

6000 miles a week? thats 857 miles a day, and you would have to have a constant speed of 80 mph. Oh I get it.... you trained as a team. Nice training :roll:
Old 02-16-2007, 08:14 PM

How in the heck is it training if you are running as a team? How in the heck do they find anyone stupid enough to sleep behind a student? Best training in the industry? BULL SPIT!!!!! you run as a team your trainer gets more than you do for the same amount of work, company is happy because they make more and get more miles out of a trainee. Yes it would be good to have someone there for 60000 miles but that other person is sleeping how much help is that. Talk about safety issues.

just my 2 cents.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Default lol

driver67373 wrote:

Quote:
Speak with facts man, get your stuff straight. They garuntee you 500 a week during training or 10 cents a mile, whichever is great. That is right up there with any other training program in another company. I often got more than 500, sometimes over 600, cus most weeks we would run over 5000. A few times we went over 6000 miles. The QUALITY and CALIBER of the training program is industry leading and since you haven't been at Prime or been through the training program, shut your face unless you have real factual information to offer.
oh and it's spelled guarantee

LMFAO dude How stupid can you get, you call maybe $600 a week good with the miles your listing??? If I was getting just 3000 miles a week my take home would be over a $1000 not gross. If you want to train for months and months and get raped repeatedly thats your choice.... I can't make the stupid see the light.. I can just add my two cents.

so take your wonderful training program and keep believing it.