User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007, 04:38 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Swift - Crete - or Maverick..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKEYE_TAI
I just recently graduated from ROADMASTER Truck Driving School and plan on doing flatbed and was wondering which of these companies have good pay and home time..? I would like 2,500 miles a week...

none of those check out halvorlines they have flatbed i dunno if they take grads but they are worth a call i dunno if i can post their link but they hire some places out west midwest and east coast all over the place on the eastern side of the country call them anyways all companies are starving for drivers.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter
I'm glad you get that fuel bonus, I'm glad you get home every weekend, I'm glad you like Maverick, and I'm really glad you like where your at.
So, were you born a super trucker, or did you have to start out a newbie like most other people?

News flash, not everyone can fork out thousands of dollars to get a CDL and go drive for a Maverick, or a Crete, or Interstate. Anymore, all it takes is one bad mark on your driving record to make it so that less fortunate people who want to make a living for there families, have to look at the so called mega carriers.

As for me, Who I decide to go with is 100% my choice. Just like it was your choice to go to Maverick.
Since I have a CDL already, I don't owe anyone 6 months, or a year. And for your information, it's a year commitment from Swift, not 2 years.
Although I can pretty much go to a long list of companies, I chose to go to Swift, not to prove the super truckers out there wrong. But, because I have a friend who's going there, and we're gonna team after orientation.
Since I have not worked for Swift, I can't say if there good, or bad. Even if I did work for them, my OPINION would be 1 out of 16000.

So, if you want to spend the time conducting interviews? be my guest!
I've got better things to do with my time.
First thing, no I am not a super trucker. Second thing, In order for you to get all of your money back from swift YES IT TAKES 2 YEARS TO GET IT BACK. The first yr you pay 38 the second yr they give you the 38 back. So in order not to pay a dime you have to stay 2 yrs. Fork out thousands? For what? I didnt have a cdl and I didnt fork out a dime. If you dont have a cdl and you have bad driving marks, I dont think driving a truck is for you. I can tell you have not done any homework on the matter because you dont know what you are talking about. Just because I did my homework doesnt mean Im a super trucker, it means I make educated decisions. Since you dont have enough initiative to learn what you are talking about, dont bother being a Maverick or TMC or any other flatbed driver because you wouldnt make it anyway. Oh and you were the one who said youd have to interview each swift driver to find out if they are a good company or not I didnt. So, just because your friend joins them you decided to go to them too? That explains your lack of homework. I dont know why Im even bothering with this discussion, because you are walking with blinders on and everything I just said isnt sinking in because your mind is saying SWIFT SWIFT SWIFT. All I can say is they need drivers so go fill in 1 spot in 16,000.