User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

those swifties probably dont believe jerry stepped aside when the sec was investigating his stock deals telling drivers and big investors to buy stock and dumping so they lose oink oink.as long as swift has lots of rookies and non english speakers they cant achieve total domination.real funny that jerry wants swift to go private since he got busted raping the shareholders.im sure we will hear the company spin on thse matters right here
Old 12-26-2006, 01:58 AM
Rookie

people get back what they put into something.you half ass something guess what you get back?
Old 12-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Board Regular

How can a company go after the "Mexicans"? Get real. If somebody wants to work for a company no matter what race they are, who is going to stop them? Maybe, you think they are going after the "Mexicans" because there are more Latinos in the U.S. than the eye sees. In that case don't blame Swift, blame the U.S. Government. It is a case of too little, too late.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Swift has nice trucks. I know this because one of their drivers asked me to back his brand-spankin' new Volvo into a dock one time. :roll:
yes, and I bet you did it to. I've had drivers from several companies ask me to back. I HELPED them but they were not going to get out of actualy backing while I was around. We were all new at one time and needed help. I remember my first time or two solo a was scared out of my wits, lol. Just looking at that nice shiny truck that someone sank lots of time and money into made me nervous. Do them a favor and help but don't do the back for them.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:23 AM
Board Regular

[quote="boneebone"]How can a company go after the "Mexicans"? Get real. :!: swift was one of the first big truckers to open an office in mexico.if you dont believe these big trucking companies and the ata are lobbying in dc to open the borders to mex trucks and drivers you should listen to the news while your driving.the ooida and the teamsters have been in court fighting it because you will be exploited along with the mexicans. it would really piss swift off if all their drivers joined the ooida.they probably couldnt afford the magazine subscription though so they will remain ignorant.memos were stolen from celadon that showed they are licking there chops about getting these mex drivers for 10cpm.you dont read independent stuff so dont worry about it
Old 12-27-2006, 03:47 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeshock
yes, and I bet you did it to. I've had drivers from several companies ask me to back. I HELPED them but they were not going to get out of actualy backing while I was around. We were all new at one time and needed help. I remember my first time or two solo a was scared out of my wits, lol. Just looking at that nice shiny truck that someone sank lots of time and money into made me nervous. Do them a favor and help but don't do the back for them.
Sorry, but if someone's spending 30 minutes tying up the dock trying to back into a hole that you could put the space shuttle into, then yeah, I'm gonna put that truck in so other guys can get in/outta there and make some money.

Now, will I give him some pointers, tips, encouragement, etc once it's in? Sure. But my question is how did this person graduate from truck-driving school if he can't back into an easy dock like that? And how did he get through training?

Let me hazard a guess here: maybe its because Swift's CDL mill sucks and they run their trainng trucks as teams so guys aren't getting the training their supposed to? :roll:
Old 12-27-2006, 03:58 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Let me hazard a guess here: maybe its because Swift's CDL mill sucks and they run their trainng trucks as teams so guys aren't getting the training their supposed to?

Now you know how some drivers REALLY feel about swift....Yhere's always a handful in every crowd :!:
Old 12-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001
Swift works this way with miles, lease teams first, lease solos second, trainers third and solo company driver's get the leftovers(short trips and lots of time in the terminal in phoenix....lol) You have to yell loud to get your miles. :x :shock:
I wish that was true my hubby is training with their sister company IEL they still go through all the swift training but he isn't a swift employee....my hubby and his trainer went from AZ to Chicago then to some place in Idaho to Gary Indiana to LA they have been bouncing them all over the place.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:17 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
I wish that was true my hubby is training with their sister company IEL they still go through all the swift training but he isn't a swift employee....my hubby and his trainer went from AZ to Chicago then to some place in Idaho to Gary Indiana to LA they have been bouncing them all over the place
thats because he's with a trainer. wait until he's on his own. He'll be crying for miles.

how goes it with his trainer?
Old 12-28-2006, 03:26 AM
Board Regular

.my hubby and his trainer went from AZ to Chicago then to some place in Idaho to Gary Indiana to LA they have beethem all over the place.[/quote]n bouncing red thats trucking.alot of companies let you go along when he goes solo.if you dont have kids at home you see alot and the crazy lifestyle dont ruin things. after a year he can get a job where he is home every night . the more bouncing around the more money i did it 2 1/2 years 27 days a month and got burned out and quit on thursday and monday iwas hauling sawdust and wood chips and go home every night and off every sunday and every other monday. just as long as he dont wreck it it will get better