LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2006, 04:43 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_o
relax keystone he doesnt agree with companies fining drivers i do believe
the amount of such is what is in question when and if the fines r imposed i think we can all agree this is a practice that schould not be engaged in except for goverment agencys dot police judges etcc..
Excuse me-You were the one who mentioned $100 fines and then you told ME you got it "straight from the Horses Mouth" that this wasn't true yet you Never mentioned it on this thread that this was Not true.
Care to let these people know what the TRUE story is? Ripping on a company with Unfounded Rumors is BS.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:46 AM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

yes they do fine drivers but allegedly they have stated its only 25 dollars.
for the first time no mention on increasing the amounts which i suspect is true.
i also sent another message i would go to work for them if they would cease this practice and withdraw themselves from the speed limiter petition.
as i am looking for a place to go and work after xmas
will they do this not likely but it sends a message that these sort of practices r not excepted by experienced drivers and if their looking to attract any with this sort of crp they definitely need to reevaluate their stance.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:53 AM
Board Icon

yes they do fine drivers but allegedly they have stated its only 25 dollars.

I have no dog in this fight with WH BUT the TRUTH on them is only common decency. You STILL aren't tell the people on this Thread what THEY told you about these so-called Fines.

I mentioned that the Fines-IF Imposed was a Last resort after constant reprimands-Log Book Refresher Course-And Finally a Small Fine Prior to a driver getting Fired.
Seems WH gives the Driver every benefit possible prior to ending the drivers employment.

Curious WHY you didn't report what you found out on Here.
With Logs every company has it's limits with people who won't comply.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:55 AM
Senior Board Member

because it was and still is an ongoing discussion with them.
i just thought u might like to c their first response. before i jumped to conclusions that what keystone said was untrue.
the fact is you schould of paid closer attention to the bottom of my private message (pm) which i had sent to you inconfidence
Old 11-23-2006, 05:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_o
wow they r fining their drivers allegedly for log violations $100.oo
stay away stay far away
I get fines for late logs and log violations
Old 11-23-2006, 05:15 AM
Board Icon

I read the entire thing and at the bottom it said that they willl work with any driver they have that makes a Occasional error with their logs but people who deliberately falsify their logs won't be condoned.

My point is that after you got this information(which is pretty much the standard viewpoint in the Trucking Biz) you didn't report it on here after you slammed them.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:50 AM
Rookie

I imagined that it wouldn't have been too difficult to follow the link that was posted in my original reply. Guess I was wrong. So, what was posted there is now here as well. I hope this will resolve any additional issues.

WH Transportation Co., Inc., - Wassau, Wi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, let me say that I understand and realize that there is a certain amount of BS when dealing with any recruiter.

Well, I guess the one that I dealt with has the most.

I called the Ohio recruiting office and asked quite a few questions. I was satisfied with what he had to say, so I accepted the opportunity to go to Wausau for their orientation.

I was suppose to be picked up by one of their drivers on Monday morning...didn't happen.

Tuesday afternoon I got my ride and about two hours into the trip, I was really beginning to question myself as to, did I make the right decision to go with this organization.

About 100 miles into Ohio, the driver ran out of hours.

Sixteen...Sixteen hours later the driver picked me up at the hotel and we continued onto Wausau. We arrived at the hotel in Wausau at 11:30 pm.

On Thursday morning, I began the second day, (my first) of orientation. By that afternoon it was becoming quite evident that there were problems.

The recruiter did in fact misrepresent several facts.

This is what I had discovered, to list a few:

Trucks were not governed @ 70 mph, they are set at 65 cruise, 68 pedal.

Trucks are older the 2004

The trucks did not appear to be equipped with the generator packs.

No Pre Pass

No toll cards for Ohio or Indiana.

They do in fact use brokers more often then I was led to believe.

They do in fact haul to grocery warehouses.

The following, to list a few, is other information that I had discovered:

The service department appeared to be very disorganized. More so than any that I have visited. The service department was also very out dated.

If you violate your 11 or 14 hour rule, you receive a 100.00 fine from the company.

If your toll receipts do not match to your log, you eat the tolls and receive a nasty gram from the company...something about fraud and stealing from the company.

New York City is forced dispatched.

When you get home and if you are under a load, the trailer can not be dropped/separated from the tractor.

Do not dare exceed 5% on your over speed, this affects your bonus.

You must purchase your own load locks.

All divers are required to attend quarterly safety meetings on Friday afternoons.

Now the rest of the story...

Although I did not agree with a few of these policies, I accepted them. It's their sand box.

On Friday morning I received my truck assignment. It turned out the truck was still in the service department.

When I walked down to see the truck, I almost ....

The bumper was off the truck. Both bat wings were damaged beyond repair. The drivers seat was busted up. The drivers side windshield was busted. The interior was pigged out. Oh, and the mechanic mentioned that it was 20,000 miles past it's PM.

I went back to the gal who assigned the truck and asked her when the truck would be done. She said a couple hours. I asked her if she was sure and she asked why. I went over the damage with her and she had no idea. She also had no idea if there were any other trucks available.

An hour went by, still nothing on the truck assignment. Then I was told that I would probably have to get a ride with another driver, back to Ohio
to get a truck there. My ride might not be available until Friday evening or Saturday morning.

Well, after basically wasting a week of my time, no orientation pay, no lay over pay, no sign on bonus, no compensation or apology, I decided it was time to head home.

Fifteen hours later I was home, thankful for rental cars and wondering how these companies get away with treating drivers like this. These companies invest thousands of dollars a year trying to attract the best drivers they can and look at what they do. It really makes you wonder.

In all fairness, there were a few good things WH had to offer, but no different from any other company that has 418 trucks in their fleet. They claim to be in the top 10% in the country, when it comes to driver compensation. They also stated that they could probably do better, but they had number 1 to look after...and number 1 wasn't the driver. That was made very clear.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:18 AM
Board Icon

Hate to hit you with reality check but pretty much all companies do what you didn't like with WH.
And the $100 Fine isn't true
Old 11-25-2006, 03:44 AM
Rookie

You know what...say what you want, think what you want, believe what you want. You were not there, I was there.

I know what I seen, read and I know what I was told.

If WH was so great, I would have not rented a car, at my expense and went home.

As to "pretty much all companies doing like they did"...I don't believe it for a minute. I think a lot of companies and drivers alike would disagree and I certainly would not drive for nor represent one. Who is it that you drive for and or represent anyway?

If you feel that WH is such a great organization, then why don't you go and drive for them then.[/quote]
Old 11-25-2006, 04:04 AM
Senior Board Member

dont be a smart ass keystone. i would but they first must drop the fine policy and withdraw themselves from the petition. im not going to hold my breath but you never know.miracles happen daily just never to me.