User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default J.B. hunt

ok, i know, don't jump my butt. i want some good feedback about them, nevermind answering if all you know is hearsay. please i want feedback from drivers who actually drove for them. good or bad. i am not desperate so i am willing to look around, but i want straight poop on them. i won't even accept another job until late feb. or even early march. i am driving otr now but i must move to a company that services where i am moving family to.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Senior Board Member

lol...I dont think my opinion counts
But where are you moving your family to, chopper.
I can tell you if thats a good area for us for dedicated jobs.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Senior Board Member

8) :wink: i am moving to the heart of old route 66. tucumcari new mexico. on new us 54. close to I-40. between logan and tucumcari. when dad was driving big trucks that was best address in us for a trucker. still is a good town to truckers and bikers. all i want is a fair wage, good miles, decent equipment, rider program, pet maybe, lots of southern miles, lease at fair prices , good fuel surcharge, a company i can say i am proud to drive for. yea, i know i want too much, but, i am worth it. i can drive 11 full hrs at 62mph and not have any dot problems, repair minor stuff like air lines, adjust brakes and other stuff. on the problem side is i will not cut my hair, i will not wear no ones uniform, and have tattoos, i get freight to where it has to be when it has to be, and get along with customers. bad again i do not put up with ANY bullsh.t from any driver and do not tolerate whiners in my life. i will not drive teams and if i teach i expect the student to learn my way. so to sum it up, i am moving to tucumcari and looking for a good boss to drive for.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:50 PM

i never worked for them but my father in law did and he was not very pleased with them. at 6`7 the only truck they would give him was a flat top in witch he had to have the air bags in the seat almost all the way down to avoid hitting his head. also his miles were not there. maybe 1900 a week and that was on a good week. but he was also running the raid yards in Chicago. he wanted to go OTR mainly for the condo cab truck but they would not let him. also he was running this during the summer with no AC and they would not fix it for him. i am not trying to bash them but this is just 1 mans experience with them. i am typing it but these are the word that cam from him on this issue he was having with them. i do hope this helps you.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Senior Board Member

We dont even run OTR out of NM

The only thing I ever see open up in NM is the family dollar account out of Albequirque
Old 10-20-2006, 06:48 AM

Hey Choperbob, their is a tattoo shop in Tucumcari and the ole boy does good work, we ride the bikes out their two or three times a year and hang out for the night and head back, always stay at the Blue Swallow Motel (old route 66 landmark) Bill the owner has a place to park trucks out back and is one nice guy and can tell you alot about Tucumcari. It's a cheap place to live. Good luck to you.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Senior Board Member

In all honesty, I did good the first 2 months. No problem getting home on time, plenty of miles(averaged 2950 which is decent for 44cpm), and a brand new slow truck. Then I had to take off for 5 days to get some dental work done. No problem, they sent a driver to come get the truck. I got the work done and tried to get back into a truck. Major issue!! I was living in Columbia ,SC and my fleet manager told me to find a way to Concord,NC to get a truck that was waiting for me. I left immediately.(on my own dime) When I got to the terminal they had no idea what I was talking about. Called FM and he told me to go to the hotel(their dime) and he would get it straightened out. He ended up telling me that there was a mix-up and he would get me the 1st available truck. 2 days later, on a Wednesday he tells me that he has one coming in Saturday that'll be available. WRONG!! On Saturday morning for some "unknown" reason that truck wouldn't be for me.(never could tell me why) So he promises me that he'll have something available come Monday morning. So I trust him and stay until Monday. By 11a.m. he doesn't call, so I called him and he says that there will be a truck on Wednesday, ready for me. I told him forget it, and by Wednesday afternoon was sitting in Plainview,TX getting loaded at Excel (Cargill) with a new company. So BOL to you!
Old 10-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: J.B. hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by choperbob
ok, i know, don't jump my butt. i want some good feedback about them, nevermind answering if all you know is hearsay. please i want feedback from drivers who actually drove for them. good or bad. i am not desperate so i am willing to look around, but i want straight poop on them. i won't even accept another job until late feb. or even early march. i am driving otr now but i must move to a company that services where i am moving family to.
Not much to say. Didn't make the miles I wanted. 2500 miles per week should not have been hard, and i didn't turn down any jobs (company drivers are NOT allowed). On average, i only made 1700-2100 miles, with the biggest week of 2400. And the dispatcher thought I owed him for that.

Now, I only worked for them for 2 months. I don't believe in the "you have to earn your miles" bu**sh*t. Now I'm a local tanker yanker, making around 50k per year.

My suggestion. Keep looking. The right job is out there.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 10-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choperbob
8) :wink: i am moving to the heart of old route 66. tucumcari new mexico. on new us 54. close to I-40. between logan and tucumcari. when dad was driving big trucks that was best address in us for a trucker. still is a good town to truckers and bikers. all i want is a fair wage, good miles, decent equipment, rider program, pet maybe, lots of southern miles, lease at fair prices , good fuel surcharge, a company i can say i am proud to drive for. yea, i know i want too much, but, i am worth it. i can drive 11 full hrs at 62mph and not have any dot problems, repair minor stuff like air lines, adjust brakes and other stuff. on the problem side is i will not cut my hair, i will not wear no ones uniform, and have tattoos, i get freight to where it has to be when it has to be, and get along with customers. bad again i do not put up with ANY bullsh.t from any driver and do not tolerate whiners in my life. i will not drive teams and if i teach i expect the student to learn my way. so to sum it up, i am moving to tucumcari and looking for a good boss to drive for.
I tought you wanted to drive for JB Hunt?? hehehe

You know what you want, and your not going to find that with JB Hunt...don't waste your time.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 10-24-2006, 12:12 AM
Rookie

ive worked for jb for 9 months now been running walmart of of ny there are some down falls but the good things out weigh them the miles are there if u are willing to run most who badmouth jb are the lazy ones who dont want to run or ones who listen to people who never worked for them and just like spreading crap i left a day job i worked for 19 yrs to work for jb and i have gotten all my recruiter told me i was just upgraded to a new truck and get 2500 to 3400 miles aweek i work 5 days im home 2 if u can get on a dedicated account u can make good money just wanted to add my 2 cents