User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Once again, when I say its 800 to 900 a month...thats the average. I have a report printed out for every job I get that tells me what the average driver makes. I also watch what every driver I hire makes on the jobs I put him on. Those averages are not exaggerated at all.
Sorry dude, If I hire you and tell you the average is 850 and you dont make 850, most likely you were just a below average driver.

Dont you find it strange that I have hired many drivers off this board, yet not one of them has come back and said I lied to them about what they would make? Hell, I fully expect it to happen sometime. I even find it funny that it hasnt happened.....Eventually I will hire a below average driver from this site and he most likely wont admit his own faults and blame me for not doing well. Thats just part of my job.

Now now cluggy....Ive never attacked you...nor have i recruited you. Yet, you seem to want to attack me by calling me a lying telemarketer.
Pretty pathetic, son, to have to resort to personal attacks.
But no matter......I find it funny and very entertaining.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Once again, when I say its 800 to 900 a month...thats the average. I have a report printed out for every job I get that tells me what the average driver makes. I also watch what every driver I hire makes on the jobs I put him on. Those averages are not exaggerated at all.
Sorry dude, If I hire you and tell you the average is 850 and you dont make 850, most likely you were just a below average driver.
Funny, I know alot of drivers that I ran into while driving for JB, and while some did make the money you stated, most did not. Maybe they are all just below average drivers, huh?

Quote:
Dont you find it strange that I have hired many drivers off this board, yet not one of them has come back and said I lied to them about what they would make? Hell, I fully expect it to happen sometime. I even find it funny that it hasnt happened.....Eventually I will hire a below average driver from this site and he most likely wont admit his own faults and blame me for not doing well. Thats just part of my job.
OK...I'm not aware of any drivers who you have hired off this board. So let's be fair. If their are any drivers that has been hired by Sheepdancer, please report here and give us a update on how things are going.

Of course, if it didn't go well for you, then you must be below average driver, according to Sheepdancer......

Quote:
Now now cluggy....Ive never attacked you...nor have i recruited you. Yet, you seem to want to attack me by calling me a lying telemarketer.
Pretty pathetic, son, to have to resort to personal attacks.
But no matter......I find it funny and very entertaining.
You sit in a cubicle, with your access to the Internet so you can get to boards like this, and you use a auto dialer to place your calls. Your response to people who don't want to receive calls is the same as most of the telemarketers that I know of, and i know a few. And I never said your a liar, just that you like to embellish on the truth. And the truth is for those who are making that 800-900 that you claim, their are many who are not, sitting at truckstops, hoping to get a run. And most importantly, some of those are being starved out because their dispatcher wants to "teach them a lesson".

Your right. You didn't hire me, nor did you recruit me. But until this kind of BS that I have seen within your company stops, I will continue to make my post on this board, for I find this kind of behavior intolerable. So get use to it.

Oh, and btw, dad. Mom said to pick up some milk on your way home.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 10-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Senior Board Member

You arent hurting me, son....in fact the longer you keep this thread on the top, the more PMs I get of people looking for jobs. In the short time this thread has been out here, I have had three drivers PM me and are interested in work. You are actually helping me make money. Keep up the good work, Cluggy, and I might give you a little commission. I admit that some drivers listen to discruntled ex employees for advice, but fortunately most are smart enought to know that what people like you think, really doesnt matter in the big picture. The simple fact is that the bigger the company the more people you will find complaining about. This is because of the FACT that about 20% of the drivers for any company will not do well and complain. We have more 1,2 and 3 million mile drivers than any other company. We didnt get that way by NOT giving drivers miles. Just like any large trucking company we have a pretty high turnover for drivers during their first year....BUT, after the first year we have a very low turnover rate. Now, try to use your brain here.....Why does the turnover for drivers drop so much after they been here for a year? COULD IT BE THAT THEY FIGURED OUT HOW TO RUN SMART AND GET THE MILES?
Once again, I will use my own job as an example. When I started here as a recruiter I was told what the average recruiter makes.....I was also told what the top recruiter makes. My first 3 months I didnt make near that....I barely made over minimum wage. Now, if I were a driver like you, I would have probably thrown up my hands and said "this job sucks and they lied to me" Then spent the next 2 years online whining about a job I failed at and passing the blame on the company, not myself. But I didnt do that. I taught myself to do the job better, I modeled my work habits after the top people in the office....Now many years later, Im consistantly making WAY ABOVE AVERAGE WAGES FOR THIS JOB.
Want to do well over here as a driver.....get to know the 1000s of 1,2 and 3 million mile drivers we have, ASK THEM WHAT THEY DO TO SUCCEED, AND THEN DO THE SAME!`
Old 10-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Funny, I know alot of drivers that I ran into while driving for JB, and while some did make the money you stated, most did not. Maybe they are all just below average drivers, huh?
Yes....thats just the way averages work. If you run a company and you have 1000 drivers....most likely 500 of those drivers are below average.

And like I said....20% of those drivers are going to be REALLY BELOW AVERAGE.
Not eveyone can be above average, son.....Math just doesnt work that way.

We have close to 13,000 drivers....20% of 13,000 is 2600. 2600 drivers all doing poorly for one reason or another sure make a lot of noise. You know who doesnt make a lot of noise?....the 1000s and 1000s of drivers that are doing well at a company. They are too busy working, making money, getting miles to spend their time whining on a message board or the CB
Old 10-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
You sit in a cubicle, with your access to the Internet so you can get to boards like this, and you use a auto dialer to place your calls.
Yes, I we have an auto-dialer in the office to make calls. Im glad we do.
Ive been here long enough to have worked here before we had the auto-dialers. It makes things way more effecient. However, you seem to think thats the only tool I use as a recruiter. Out of the majority of the drivers I call, they are hard dialed. I pay for my own leads, I also have my own recruiting website. Yes, I have a cubical. But Im probably working outside my cubical more than not. I work from home, I work from my car...hell, Ive even been known to work from my boat.
You seem to have no clue about how our job works. If a true telemarketer could do this job of recruiting, then these cubicals would be filled with uneducated young people making 8 bucks an hour.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
Actually, Ive been here for a long time and Ive never seen a local job like this open up in Dallas.
Quote:
If he would have pulled the old and tired airhorn trick, next week he would still be driving OTR for Werner for less money than this local job.
It's can't be too "old and tired" because you guys keep falling for it time and time again.

Anyways, I'd really like to hear the scoop on this JB local job that's never been seen before in the big D. And now that I think about it, I see JB cabovers on my local route now and then. Exactly what do these guys make runnin' the city?

Enquiring minds want to know.
Most of our local jobs pay about the same.....800-900 gross a week if its no touch freight and drop and hook.....900-1000 or more a week if its a lot of physical labor like unloading.
The job that just opened up in dallas was a Intermodal job out of the rail yards pulling containers running about 150 miles radius of dallas. Home everynight off weekends. 800-900 average per week.
I only needed two drivers on it.....filled it in about 15 minutes. Who knows when it will open back up. Like I said, in the many years Ive been here, Ive never seen it open. Most jobs like that are filled up with drivers who already work for us before they make it to my desk.

As far as the "old and tired" air horn thing...it doesnt really work like you think. Our headsets are pretty nice and have automatic volume control....so the air horn thing really sounds like semi-quiet static.
Also when you do things like that...we just hang up and your phone number goes back into the computer system to be auto-dialed again.
If you dont want us to call you, its really simple....ask nicely and I will transfer you to are phone number removal person and she will take you out of the system. Cussing, yelling, screaming while calling me names really doesnt do anything but make me and my buddies around me laugh when i put it on speaker phone. Once you hang up, your number disappears from my screen and I have no way of getting it back.

So you're saying that a local job that is no touh freight pays 800-900 a week ...but if a driver has to do a-lot of physical labor the driver only bumps up to 900-1000..basicly the driver only makes an extra 100 for a harder job....What kind of hard physical labor is a driver doing...and if it is hard how does the sum of $100.00 set it apart from a no touch freight position ?
Old 10-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
You arent hurting me, son....in fact the longer you keep this thread on the top, the more PMs I get of people looking for jobs. In the short time this thread has been out here, I have had three drivers PM me and are interested in work. You are actually helping me make money. Keep up the good work, Cluggy, and I might give you a little commission. I admit that some drivers listen to discruntled ex employees for advice, but fortunately most are smart enought to know that what people like you think, really doesnt matter in the big picture. The simple fact is that the bigger the company the more people you will find complaining about. This is because of the FACT that about 20% of the drivers for any company will not do well and complain. We have more 1,2 and 3 million mile drivers than any other company. We didnt get that way by NOT giving drivers miles. Just like any large trucking company we have a pretty high turnover for drivers during their first year....BUT, after the first year we have a very low turnover rate. Now, try to use your brain here.....Why does the turnover for drivers drop so much after they been here for a year? COULD IT BE THAT THEY FIGURED OUT HOW TO RUN SMART AND GET THE MILES?
Once again, I will use my own job as an example. When I started here as a recruiter I was told what the average recruiter makes.....I was also told what the top recruiter makes. My first 3 months I didnt make near that....I barely made over minimum wage. Now, if I were a driver like you, I would have probably thrown up my hands and said "this job sucks and they lied to me" Then spent the next 2 years online whining about a job I failed at and passing the blame on the company, not myself. But I didnt do that. I taught myself to do the job better, I modeled my work habits after the top people in the office....Now many years later, Im consistantly making WAY ABOVE AVERAGE WAGES FOR THIS JOB.
Want to do well over here as a driver.....get to know the 1000s of 1,2 and 3 million mile drivers we have, ASK THEM WHAT THEY DO TO SUCCEED, AND THEN DO THE SAME!`
I'm not trying to hurt you. In fact, if a driver wants to start with JB Hunt, it's just as good of a company as some of the others. But they have the right to know about the other drivers before they start, and they should talk with some of them. The drivers I talked with were in mainly in the break rooms on JB's terminals. Their is where most of my info about JB came from, not drivers on boards like this. In fact, in my earlier posting, I ask about JB, got a few negative responses, and got the job anyways. My experience with JB is rather short. My time is valuable to me, and if I'm not making the miles, I go where I can.

Nice to see how you think about 50% of the drivers, though. Including that 20% you love so much.

'

Old 10-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Yes....thats just the way averages work. If you run a company and you have 1000 drivers....most likely 500 of those drivers are below average.

And like I said....20% of those drivers are going to be REALLY BELOW AVERAGE.
Not eveyone can be above average, son.....Math just doesnt work that way.

We have close to 13,000 drivers....20% of 13,000 is 2600. 2600 drivers all doing poorly for one reason or another sure make a lot of noise. You know who doesnt make a lot of noise?....the 1000s and 1000s of drivers that are doing well at a company. They are too busy working, making money, getting miles to spend their time whining on a message board or the CB
Your right...they do make alot of noise. Mostly from the break rooms at your terminals. You see, most of the truly negative feedback comes from sitting down with those who are ready to quit, or waiting to get past that magical first year. And I did talk to those who do good. This week. The week before, not so good. The month before, not so good. And I did talk with those who are in the top 50%. And even they tell ya the dispatcher can be real jerks if they don't want you to get a decent paycheck. And most of those had to go up the chain and file complaints on a regular basis just to maintain the miles they are getting.

This is coming from drivers on the JB payroll. So my advise is to talk with a JB driver or two before you sign on.

'

Old 10-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
You sit in a cubicle, with your access to the Internet so you can get to boards like this, and you use a auto dialer to place your calls.
Yes, I we have an auto-dialer in the office to make calls. Im glad we do.
Ive been here long enough to have worked here before we had the auto-dialers. It makes things way more effecient. However, you seem to think thats the only tool I use as a recruiter. Out of the majority of the drivers I call, they are hard dialed. I pay for my own leads, I also have my own recruiting website. Yes, I have a cubical. But Im probably working outside my cubical more than not. I work from home, I work from my car...hell, Ive even been known to work from my boat.
You seem to have no clue about how our job works. If a true telemarketer could do this job of recruiting, then these cubicals would be filled with uneducated young people making 8 bucks an hour.
My only question is why do you have a auto-dialer that can hold 100,000+ numbers? If these drivers are truely "below average", why call them back?

'

Old 10-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Senior Board Member

I am not trying to be a thorn, but When I was considering JB I talked to I know for sure 20 drivers and not one of them had anything negative to say about JB. They said they have their bad weeks and their good weeks just like at any other company.