User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Like classicxl said, Im happy to take you off the calling list if you ask "nicely" We have a really nice lady here whose only job is to remove people from the list. Sorry, cussing screaming and hanging up just doesnt work. The second you hang up, your name and number disappears from my computer screen and I dont have a way to remove you. So it becomes and endless cycle of you screaming and hanging up and us calling you back a few days later. Dont get me wrong, the cussing and screaming drivers are fun and make my day a little more humourous, but when it comes down to it, I really dont want to waste my time calling people I wont ever hire. Just ask nicely to be removed. Now, Im a recruiter, I will probably ask you why you want to be removed. You would be amazed how many drivers I hire from a conversation that starts "I TOLD YOU TO TAKE ME OFF THE CALLING LIST"
Also, occasionally you might be in our system more than once. This happens because we get leads from more than one source and sometimes multiples slip through. And one more thing...You might be removed from our calling list but still get a call from someone like me. I buy leads out of my own pocket and call off those lists. So no matter if you are out of our database or not, you might occasionally get a call from a recruiter who buys his own leads. However when I buy my own leads, I dont share them with the company and other recruiters. Those stay in my own personal database.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
As I read this post, this just occured to me. You were hired on to JB Hunt as a recruitor, not a driver.

Were you ever a driver?
Did you ever drive for JB?
Do you even have a CDL?
Answers:
Were you ever a driver? Depends on how you define driver. Have I ever driven an 18 wheeler and made money at it? Yes. Did I do it legally? no.
About 18 years ago, I used to drive my buddies truck for his business from Dallas to Del Rio Texas about once a month. Made that trip about 15 times. Was I wrong for doing that? Of course, like I said it was illegal. I was lucky I didnt get caught or wreck.
Did I ever drive for JB? No. I dont want to be a truck driver. Not that its not a good career for some. Its just not what i chose in life.
Do I have a CDL....no

I will ask you the same sort of thing cluggy.
Do you have a degree in transportation logistics?
Have you ever worked for a major transportation corporation in the office?
Do you or have you ever owned a major trucking company?
If not...what makes you think you know a better way to run a company than those who already do run those companies?
Because the only thing I see is you posting over and over is the WAY YOU THINK PEOPLE SHOULD RUN COMPANIES.
Personally, I know if I knew a better way to run a company, I would be the CEO of "SHEEPDANCER TRANSPORTATION" right now. Ahh....but I dont think I know a better way to run a company, so until I do, I will just listen and learn from those above me who do run the successful companies.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garywk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel
Ok good feedback well um hows this if you apply to them they will call you every day over and over again and you will get to speak to many of their recruiters sometimes several times a day
I don't get it, you apply to them then get upset because they call you back, other drivers get upset when a company DOESN'T call them back after they apply?????
I can honestly say that I have been called by good ole J.B. without ever actually applying to them....
Old 12-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Rookie

Dont forget about the c.o.o craig harper with those funny commericals.and you cannot forget j.b's#"thats 1-800 the #2 jbhunt"he makes me laugh everytime i hear it. waiting too hear some new 1's
Old 12-03-2006, 06:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
I will ask you the same sort of thing cluggy.
Ok. Lets take this one at a time.
Quote:
Do you have a degree in transportation logistics?
No. I have a CDL. That means I drive the truck. You see, getting the product safely to it destination is my job. Not asking stupid question like "did you go to college for 4 years to drive a truck?"....I will say, though, it does seem like you got your degree in BS.
Quote:
Have you ever worked for a major transportation corporation in the office?
What position would you be asking about? Any position? Dispatcher? Management? Janitor? Waste disposal? Cleaner of the restrooms? Or even, shall I aim so low, Recruiter? No. I'm guessing, though, this question is placed here to show some kind of lack of intelligence. Way to go.
Quote:
Do you or have you ever owned a major trucking company?
Not yet. But since you brought it up, we can go thru what I have owned in the past:

Now, while working at my current position, I also do the following:

Now these are done on my own time more as a hobby rather than a business. But I do make a profit at doing them.

Quote:
      If not...what makes you think you know a better way to run a company than those who already do run those companies?
      Because the only thing I see is you posting over and over is the WAY YOU THINK PEOPLE SHOULD RUN COMPANIES.
      Personally, I know if I knew a better way to run a company, I would be the CEO of "SHEEPDANCER TRANSPORTATION" right now. Ahh....but I dont think I know a better way to run a company, so until I do, I will just listen and learn from those above me who do run the successful companies.
      Bravo. You shere showed me. I guess I'm just a dumb redneck truck driver, while you sit so high and mighty. And you know, your right. Your company is all about the bottom line. The JB Hunt bottom line. So what they do is to, in fact, make sure that they show a profit.

Even if they screw a few drivers here and there, who cares? Right? As long as they make a profit? hehehe

Fact is, and I am getting tired of saying this, the bottom line is the bottom line. And for me, it's NOT there with good ole JB.

Of course, you go and get all of the drivers you want. Some will like it there, most will decide they like to make money. A few, very few, will do both at your company. But one thing is for sure. When they meet with the management, they will find most, not all, are like you, and management will treat them in the same respect that you show here on this board. Good or bad? Who's to say?

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
      '

Old 12-03-2006, 06:59 AM
      Senior Board Member

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ben45750
      I went thru orientation with JB Hunt this week. I understand now why recruiters are so busy on the phones. I had a complete different idea about JB Hunt before going orientation. I thought they would hire ANYBODY! WRONG!!!!

Those recruiters are so busy on the phone because half the people that start on Monday morning are gone Tuesday. Talk about an extensive back ground check!! If you think you can hide something from them? WRONG. If you think you can slide on a drug test when you know you smoked some weed 2 months ago? WRONG. I think JB has connections to the Secret Service????

You know how when you get together with all the other drivers at a hotel before orientation and every one has to brag and tell their storys?
      One guy was bragging at the hotel that he had smoked some week 2 months ago and how they would never find out, he didn't know and either did I that they don't just piss test you they take a hair sample and test it for drugs. Another guy (Owner/Operator) was talking about a DUI he had 20 years ago and he thought they would never find out about so he never told them, well they found out and sent him home.

So everyone thinks that just because a recruiter is calling you every day to come work for them because they will hire anyone? Think again.....

I would also like to thank Sheepdancer (Craig) for everything and letting me know everything up front, I didn't get any BS from him and I didn't get a different story when I got to orientation. He was 100% honest with me and gave me a chance to drive OTR until Roadway calls me back. Just at orientation I learned a lot just from talking with the Owner/Operators signing on as independent contractors and the trainers at JB Hunt, they are all a good bunch of guys.

The people that fail at JB Hunt probably failed for a reason and I doubt that it was JB Hunt's fault. When you have a company that have thousands of trucks and thousands of loads every day and you can't get a cut of the action? There are alot of drivers at JB making some good money.
      I wish you the best of luck. Be sure to keep posting here, and let us all know how you are doing.

'

Old 12-03-2006, 02:43 PM
      Rookie
      Default drove for JB

hello everyone, just my two cents here. I worked for JB almost six years, I made good money with them, low thirty first year,I went to one of there schools, made mid to upper fourtys after that first year, I would hear a lot of bad about them on the cb but no one could really tell me anything but what they thought they knew or heard. I just say talk to there drivers and see how they are doing. I bet the only thing most dont like is the slip seating, if they still do that I dont know. but other then that they were ok. I havent done OTR in three years, I cant do the being awake all day then driving all night, I dont belive it is safe, I dont care if I have time for the 10 hr break, I belive you have to sleep regular hours to be safe, thats my two cents anyway. ok, I am ready to be slamed.
      Old 12-03-2006, 03:43 PM
      Senior Board Member
      Default Re: drove for JB

Quote:
      Originally Posted by krulldogtech
      hello everyone, just my two cents here. I worked for JB almost six years, I made good money with them, low thirty first year,I went to one of there schools, made mid to upper fourtys after that first year, I would hear a lot of bad about them on the cb but no one could really tell me anything but what they thought they knew or heard. I just say talk to there drivers and see how they are doing. I bet the only thing most dont like is the slip seating, if they still do that I dont know. but other then that they were ok. I havent done OTR in three years, I cant do the being awake all day then driving all night, I dont belive it is safe, I dont care if I have time for the 10 hr break, I belive you have to sleep regular hours to be safe, thats my two cents anyway. ok, I am ready to be slamed.
      First, thanks for letting us know how you did with JB Hunt. I can tell you that you are one of the few that has done good with them. Keep up the good work, and I hope you are doing as well, if not better, at your current job..

'