User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

First get on with UNION PACIFIC....then work your way up to a ENGINEER...THEN YOU WILL BE DRIVING FOR J.B. :lol:
Old 10-24-2006, 12:41 AM
Rookie

Quote:
First get on with UNION PACIFIC....then work your way up to a ENGINEER...THEN YOU WILL BE DRIVING FOR J.B.
Do I still need to go to school and get my CDL first?
Old 10-24-2006, 01:47 AM
Board Regular

Ok good feedback well um hows this if you apply to them they will call you every day over and over again and you will get to speak to many of their recruiters sometimes several times a day
Old 10-24-2006, 02:24 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel
Ok good feedback well um hows this if you apply to them they will call you every day over and over again and you will get to speak to many of their recruiters sometimes several times a day
Get yourself one of those high-decibel air-horns and when they call up and start their cheap shoesalesman spiel, give em' a nice blast right into the receiver. That'll learn em'.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
We dont even run OTR out of NM
The only thing I ever see open up in NM is the family dollar account out of Albequirque
I know someone that is about to open up a Terminal in Albuquerque, NM. *HINT*HINT*
Old 10-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
A little Jb hunt recruiting story from about 5 minutes ago.
I just got off the phone with a driver. This is pretty much how the converstion went.

Me: Hey (Drivers name) This is Craig, You still driving a truck?

Driver: Is this God &#$^@ Jb again?...You Mother *$%#@s call me at least 5 times a week. Ive told you I want to run local!

Me: Well if you SHUT UP for a minute and listen I will tell you about a local job I just had come open that I need 1 driver for.

Driver: <laughs> well its about time, Ive been waiting for a local job in dallas forever.

Me: See....there is a reason we call you so much. Actually, Ive been here for a long time and Ive never seen a local job like this open up in Dallas.

BLA BLA BLA YADDA YADDA YADDA....Small talk about the job.

he wants it....he will be in orientation monday.

Lesson to be learned. Sometimes you just have to shut up and listen. You never know what Im going to offer you.
If he would have pulled the old and tired airhorn trick, next week he would still be driving OTR for Werner for less money than this local job.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Actually, Ive been here for a long time and Ive never seen a local job like this open up in Dallas.
Quote:
If he would have pulled the old and tired airhorn trick, next week he would still be driving OTR for Werner for less money than this local job.
It's can't be too "old and tired" because you guys keep falling for it time and time again.

Anyways, I'd really like to hear the scoop on this JB local job that's never been seen before in the big D. And now that I think about it, I see JB cabovers on my local route now and then. Exactly what do these guys make runnin' the city?

Enquiring minds want to know.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
First get on with UNION PACIFIC....then work your way up to a ENGINEER...THEN YOU WILL BE DRIVING FOR J.B. :lol:
ROTFLMA. So true! Coming back from Sacramento to Reno on 80 I often see 30-50 car piggyback trains on the UP mainline. They are usually a mix of JB and Pumpkin with the odd LTL or other OTR.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
Actually, Ive been here for a long time and Ive never seen a local job like this open up in Dallas.
Quote:
It's can't be too "old and tired" because you guys keep falling for it time and time again.

Anyways, I'd really like to hear the scoop on this JB local job that's never been seen before in the big D. And now that I think about it, I see JB cabovers on my local route now and then. Exactly what do these guys make runnin' the city?

Enquiring minds want to know.
Most of our local jobs pay about the same.....800-900 gross a week if its no touch freight and drop and hook.....900-1000 or more a week if its a lot of physical labor like unloading.
The job that just opened up in dallas was a Intermodal job out of the rail yards pulling containers running about 150 miles radius of dallas. Home everynight off weekends. 800-900 average per week.
I only needed two drivers on it.....filled it in about 15 minutes. Who knows when it will open back up. Like I said, in the many years Ive been here, Ive never seen it open. Most jobs like that are filled up with drivers who already work for us before they make it to my desk.

As far as the "old and tired" air horn thing...it doesnt really work like you think. Our headsets are pretty nice and have automatic volume control....so the air horn thing really sounds like semi-quiet static.
Also when you do things like that...we just hang up and your phone number goes back into the computer system to be auto-dialed again.
If you dont want us to call you, its really simple....ask nicely and I will transfer you to are phone number removal person and she will take you out of the system. Cussing, yelling, screaming while calling me names really doesnt do anything but make me and my buddies around me laugh when i put it on speaker phone. Once you hang up, your number disappears from my screen and I have no way of getting it back.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Most of our local jobs pay about the same.....800-900 gross a week if its no touch freight and drop and hook.....900-1000 or more a week if its a lot of physical labor like unloading.
The job that just opened up in dallas was a Intermodal job out of the rail yards pulling containers running about 150 miles radius of dallas. Home everynight off weekends. 800-900 average per week.
I only needed two drivers on it.....filled it in about 15 minutes. Who knows when it will open back up. Like I said, in the many years Ive been here, Ive never seen it open. Most jobs like that are filled up with drivers who already work for us before they make it to my desk.

As far as the "old and tired" air horn thing...it doesnt really work like you think. Our headsets are pretty nice and have automatic volume control....so the air horn thing really sounds like semi-quiet static.
Also when you do things like that...we just hang up and your phone number goes back into the computer system to be auto-dialed again.
If you dont want us to call you, its really simple....ask nicely and I will transfer you to are phone number removal person and she will take you out of the system. Cussing, yelling, screaming while calling me names really doesnt do anything but make me and my buddies around me laugh when i put it on speaker phone. Once you hang up, your number disappears from my screen and I have no way of getting it back.
Funny how that works out. 800-1000 per week, depending on weather work is involved? Lots of drivers, including myself, would still be working for JB if that pay was truely there. But you're a recruiter, so embellishing on the truth is common for you. Now, that's not to say that the job wasn't there. But one has to wonder.....out of all of the drivers JB Hunt has, most getting low miles, why no-one took that position. Or I guess you don't offer that position to company drivers first......hmmmm, makes ya think.

Nice to know that you are nothing more than a telemarketer with a auto dialer, though. And when you break down what you said, that's what you are, right next to the 7 year light bulb seller, or someone wanting to sell you a long distance plan. You got a script, and a computer. Hmmmm...

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'