User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2006, 12:27 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Werner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa Jake
the worst is people touting companies and they turn out to be recruiters.
well if I was recruiting you, don't you think I'd be PM'ing you with my phone number, begging you to call me? Or if I was trying to get a recruiting bonus I'd be doing the same but giving you my truck number to tell you that I "referred you"?

I'll tell you what's bad. Someone asking for help and not listening to you because they think that there's an ulterior motive.

But hey, go with the "big blue screw" good luck.

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 09-25-2006, 12:48 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Werner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldiesPlating
Just a little surprised that you chose Werner over TMC. Maverick I could deal with and a few others too. But Werner?? I haven't seen too many (if any) posts on here where anyone would have made that choice given his approved status with TMC unless flatbedding in general was an issue, then I understand.
Stay safe and be well,
Fred
I second that FF. The two companies are not in the same category other than there are trucks involved :lol: I hate seeing good people getting taken, but everyone has to choose their own path. There is a reason that a certain list of companies keep coming up over and over again as the bottom feeder companies. I guess it could be worse Pappa could have used the terms "lease and purchase" to add salt to the wounds.

Pappa, Each of these companies have earned the reputation they have. I know people want to believe differently(after drinking the recruiters koolaid) and try to disprove the commonly known reputation of the company. It is the exception, and not the rule that this happens. I wish you the best of luck with Werner and hope you can prove us all wrong. BTW, I am still a driver wannabe and I am still in the researching companies and preparation phase for my own transition into trucking. So I have no axe to grind, no recruiting fee to earn, no benefit whatsoever to see you go with one company over another. I just hope this works out for you. BOL

Longsnowsm
Old 09-25-2006, 01:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Crete Drvr,
I just HAD to write to tell you I LOVE YOUR AVITAR!!!!!! Exactly how I feel some days while programming!!!!

Fred
Old 09-25-2006, 10:29 AM

Thanks, I'm suprised the mods havent banned me for it.

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 09-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Ok, I am a Werner driver at the present time. I worked for them before and had a good experience with them. Now, since I have come back I can honestly tell you to RUN like the wind. I never thought I would hear myself say that. I do not get crap for miles. Last week I got 1292 miles!!!! and that is on a sliding scale for pay. I have been driving for nine yrs and I used to train for them. They have really gone down hill since I left the last time. I am looking for something else. I don't want to be jumping around but I have no choice this time.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Senior Board Member

fireman did you enjoy training or just the compensation that came along with it.?
Old 09-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Senior Board Member

I loved to train. I am not one of those trainers that did it only for the money. Was the money good, well yes it was but I liked to train. I do not , however, like the way Werner does their training. I do not believe a training combo should be ran like a team. But, that is the way that Werner does it.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Rookie

I'm a recruiter out at US Xpress, and I think that our drivers are the best explanations of all. Here's an email I got from a girl named Debra, she drove for Werner for a year and a half :

Hello Mr Matt
Just wanted to drop a note to say thank you for everything you did to help me get in here at U.S. So far everything has been great, even though i had a couple bumps in the road when i was in my first truck. But after that, it all has worked out just fine.
I have also just last week, got to work on the fema run. that is a real learning experience. In fact, i told my dispatcher (Jerry Were) that if they needed me again, i would be more then happy to do it.
Coming over here to U.S Xpress has been the best move i could have done. I worked at Werner Enterprises and didn't get treated very well. Here there is a big difference, like night and day.
Thank you again for the chance to work for such a caring driver company. You guys really care about the drivers and it makes a difference.

Thank You
Debra L Harris
Tk #70309

Her first truck wasn't the greatest, broke down about 200 miles outside of the terminal. After that, we put her in a 2007 Freightliner Century. She had a lot of the same complaints that I'm seeing here, and was literally crying when she called me because she couldn't believe that she was being treated that way. Her paychecks were around $250 a week. It was actually pretty funny how we got her to orientation; she was in Ohio, and I had her bobtail her Werner truck to our terminal 20 miles away where she cleaned out her truck and we stored all of her stuff in a wash bay, then she bobtailed back to Werner, turned her truck in, and took a bus back over to our terminal. We still keep in touch quite a bit, and she's about to go through our training program to become a trainer. But, like I said, hearing experiences from drivers is always a good way to find out about other companies.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Senior Board Member

does USxpress let there trainers pick there students
Old 09-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Rookie

Yessir, we also sometimes bus our students out to meet up with their trainers.