User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2006, 02:03 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman932003
Ok, I went and found my Employee handbook for Werner and I will give you all the Down low on their pay and such. So, here we go!

This is if you come into Werner w/ NO experience and train with them.
Experience w/Werner:
0 mo. .26 cpm
3 mo. .265
6 mo. .27
9 mo. .28
1 yrs. .29
2 yrs. .30
3 yrs. .31
4 yrs. .32
5 yrs. .33
7 yrs. .34
10 yrs. .35
15 yrs and up .36

This is if you come into Werner W/Experience as a "Qualified" Driver
starting out w/ 0 - 1 yrs. .28cpm
2yrs .30
3yrs .31
4yrs .32
5yrs. .33
7yrs. .34
10yrs. .35
15yrs. and up .36

Now, if you start out with 2yrs. experience then just add .01 cpm to the starting pay and go up. With 3 yrs. add .02 and go up and so on.

If you come to Werner with 5 yrs. experience you will start out at .32 cpm.
This is all according to their Werner Enterprises Employee handbook. Good as of July 2006.

You get a 1/2 cent bonus if you drive 9500 - 9999 miles
10,000 - 10,499 = .01 bonus
10,500 and above .02 bonus
*Miles are based on Rand-McNally mileage system.

You have a $10.00 a week deduction come from your check for a Bond until $400.00 is meet
This is all from the handbook. I hope this helps all you new people and experienced drivers make a decision.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: You're kidding right :?: :?: :?:

I wouldn't even get out of bed for pay like that..... In fact I wouldn't even fill out an application for pay like that....unless they paid $25 an hour to do the application based on a 4 hr minimum!!

Frankly....their pay scale is lower than "sucks". Its anachronistic and draconian... Ole Man Werner must be laughing all the way to the bank at all the victims lining up to "work for the $$".

Lets see....getting "Shafted" by driving for HHG miles....(10 to 15% less than actual :shock: ).... and you have to post a $400 bond :?: :?: :?: WTF??? :? :? :? :?: :?: :?: Sounds like "bovine feces" to me...... :!: :!:

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Senior Board Member

I agree. That is strait from the Drivers Manual. Right there in black and white! That info is good as of June or July 2006 according to the book. I don't have it in front of me right now so I can not say exactly what month.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:21 AM
Board Regular

I was thinking about Warner as a possible started company a year ago when I got out of CDL school. I would have to work for them for several years before I would get to the rate of pay I am with Roehl right now with less than a full year. Glad I went with a company that is willing to pay a beginner.

Soladad
Old 10-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Sadly most newbies go to werner for the trucks they'll be seen driving "LARGE CARS"(Pete 379's - KW W-900L's or T-600's)
Old 10-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Board Regular

I've heard only good things about Crete, May and CFI. I quit my job with the largest trucking company in the U.S. 3 months ago. I supposedly had 2 great offers which didn't turn out that great. I've searched in vain for all these 3 months for something at least comparable to what I had if not better. I have been picky for a reason. The recruiters will tell you anything and it usually doesn't match the reality of the job.

I've been looking for the "perfect job" ever since then. I can tell you it doesn't exist. All the big companies have some crap you won't want to put up with but have to decide what crap you want.

I personally am torn between Crete and CFI. I turned down May because they have a chain policy. I don't want to chain. However, after 28 months of which 19 was driveaway [hauling new trucks to dealerships] I can say that I'd much prefer to haul new trucks over freight.

I would recommend any new driver get one year of experience and try to get on with a driveaway company. I didn't go back to driveaway simply because they wanted me to move back east and I live in Denver. Can't stand the overcast weather back east for months at a time.

When you do driveaway you sleep in motels and fly back. Not a real trucking job in my opinion. It's certainly different sleeping in motels instead of seedy truck stops. Being an attractive female in a seedy truck stop isnt' fun!!!!

So good luck newbies. I drove for the Big S and can tell you there's a lot of crap said about them but no one is paying for showers I've spoken to but them, they have racks on the back of the cabs to bring the bad tires back and they have shops at every terminal. Therefore, you're not stuck in truck stops for hours trying to repair trucks.

So when you're talking about training companies. Hands down I'd now recommend Swift. Until I left I didn't realize that the grass isn't greener on the other side. I had a new Volvo with an APU and have searched for 3 months to find a company that I could have the same equipment.

The only companies with APUs in several trucks are Wal-Mart [you need 500,000 or 5 years of experience], KLLM [reefer-which I don't want to do], or there are some experimental trucks at Crete but they don't have Volvos they have freight shakers. Apparently, if I don't want to return to Swift I'll have to go with a freight shaker... SIGH!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle
Being an attractive female in a seedy truck stop isn't' fun!!!!
That is a little conceded isn't it?

Quote:
no one is paying for showers I've spoken to but them
When you fuel up at the truck stop it is included in the ticket. You get a shower and sometimes a free drink.

Quote:
they have racks on the back of the cabs to bring the bad tires back and they have shops at every terminal. Therefore, you're not stuck in truck stops for hours trying to repair trucks.
So what do you do, change the tire yourself when you are on the road and no where close to a terminal??? I think not!