User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2006, 01:50 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Strange, I've never heard of such a thing as relying on a computer or dispatcher to tell you where to fuel. I doubt I could tolerate such a thing. I've always had either a list of approved TS's where I could fuel, or a Wright Express card where I had even more freedom about where and when I fuel. Sounds like Crete has you guys on a leash. :shock:
Old 10-07-2006, 03:21 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrvsreck
Strange, I've never heard of such a thing as relying on a computer or dispatcher to tell you where to fuel. I doubt I could tolerate such a thing. I've always had either a list of approved TS's where I could fuel, or a Wright Express card where I had even more freedom about where and when I fuel. Sounds like Crete has you guys on a leash. :shock:
While I worked for Marten Transport, they had a fuel stop list and as long as you fueled at a T/S on that list you could get as much fuel as often as you needed to. I do miss being able to do that. However, Crete is trying to control fuel costs and it can be somewhat inconvenient at times to follow a fuel solution or plan your trip so you hit your fuel stops at the time of day you want to, but I hardly consider it being on a leash and it's a small price to pay when I consider all the good things there are about working for Crete. Like I said in my previous post, fuel solutions are far from being written in stone and we are not routed here. If you want to run a different route and it's not to far out of route, (more than 10% or 100 miles), you simply let them know and they will change it.