User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Help with OTR decision.

Here is my dilemma. I drive for a concrete company hauling concrete block to jobsites. My job is local and I am at home every nignt and on the weekends, would I be crazy to want a OTR job? Driving OTR is something that I've always wanted to try and can't get it out of my system. I've been wanting to try TMC, I see them every day here in Virginia hauling steel pipe out of Lynchburg on 29 and wonder what it would it be like to drive one of those 379's. From what I have read on this site and flatbed fred's site they seem to be a really good company. My job is pretty good except that I drive a 97 Volvo with a very weak 345 and spend more time shifting than driving. Also company is very poor about fixing safety issues on equipment. They spend money as if they were spending it on my budget. If I went to TMC what could I expect to earn on weekly basis and how many miles do they run in a week on line haul? Any info to help me out would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:48 AM

I have heard nothing but good things about TMC. Some claim to make $60,000.00. Just what I have heard. Usually to make that kind of $$ as a company driver you run pretty hard and stay out 7-10 days...usually.

Someone said there is a thread on TMC, I haven't looked for it, maybe you'll want to? Hope that helps a little.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:47 AM

try pm' ing flatbed fred he seems like a nice guy and honest.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Don't do it!

Don't give up any job that you will be home everyday. You will regret it. I did the same thing and I am now back at the same job that I left. Just make sure you don't burn bridges so you can return also.

You know what they say..."you never know unless you try." I wish you luck, but you just can't beat sleeping in your own bed every night.