User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfmotors

That is a typical attitude these with drivers these days. Not willing to take responsibility for their actions. Always pointing the finger at everyone but themselves. It is always the companies, the security gaurd, DOT, shipper, receiver, traffic, the truck stop or the weathers fault.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh you are funny! I had a feeling you would be self smug!

My husband did take responsibility but there are some other factors involved. He knows he messed up and some little self-smug narcissist does not need to point that out to him!

Do you ever have anything positive to say about anything or anyone other than yourself?

And if you do have a preventable will you put in on this board?

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-24-2006, 11:54 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Quote:

That is a typical attitude these with drivers these days. Not willing to take responsibility for their actions. Always pointing the finger at everyone but themselves. It is always the companies, the security gaurd, DOT, shipper, receiver, traffic, the truck stop or the weathers fault.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh you are funny! I had a feeling you would be self smug!

My husband did take responsibility but there are some other factors involved. (please refer to above post) He knows he messed up and some little self-smug narcissist does not need to point that out to him!

Do you ever have anything positive to say about anything or anyone other than yourself?

And if you do have a preventable will you put in on this board? Yes.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Take off the Rose colored glasses.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

No I don't think I will! I will continue to have a positive outlook even when things seem harsh. As I said in an earlier post you have to pick yourself up dust yourself off and continue on.

A bad and negative outlook does not help things. And yes our outlook is realistic so don't go there. Are you always like this with everything in your life? Must be a sad place.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-25-2006, 01:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Goin Fer It,

Just hang in there... Last time I checked none of us walk on water, turn water into wine, or anything more miraculous than breath, share our thoughts, help someone in need, or just smile sometimes! Keep us posted on how things are going. BOL

Longsnowsm
Old 09-25-2006, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Quote:

No I don't think I will! I will continue to have a positive outlook even when things seem harsh. As I said in an earlier post you have to pick yourself up dust yourself off and continue on.

A bad and negative outlook does not help things. And yes our outlook is realistic so don't go there. Are you always like this with everything in your life? Must be a sad place.

Goin Fer It's Wife
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not the one who got FIRED after two PREVENTABLE ACCIDENTS. This was during a PROBATIONARY period.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:44 AM

I went with Watkins Shepard and they pretty much just handed me the keys to a truck and said dont crash into anything a few years back! Well, I maybe at a different outfit now, but I still haven't crashed into anything!

It will be tough to get hired on with a decent carrier having 2 preventables in such a short period of time. Your husband might become limited to companies like CR England until he gets some time under his belt. This is a job where you cant just jump into the truck and hold a wheel. There's a lot more to it then that at times. The recently terminated May driver's problem sounds more like he didn't take the time to examine the area before making a move.

Schools will do anything to make an extra buck. Take this director's words with a grain of salt and do your own researching at the same time.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:07 AM
Senior Board Member

It seems to me that a general rule of thumb here would be to offer constructive advise, and suggestions.

Secondly your talking to the drivers wife, and not the driver. Drivers have thick skins and can deal with some of the BS, wives have cast iron skillets... Dynamite comes in small packages so let's act like gentlemen and try to be constructive please!

Longsnowsm
Old 09-25-2006, 03:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Goin Fer It's Wife
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not the one who got FIRED after two PREVENTABLE ACCIDENTS. This was during a PROBATIONARY period.
No, but you are the person that has to belittle people to make yourself feel good. You are the person who has an ugly outlook and attitude on life. People that have to knock, mock and belittle others often have several emotional and self esteem problems.
You are a little sad man that has to live with yourself. Even after we get passed this you will still be right were you are little man.

I really hope that you get yourself straightened out.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-25-2006, 03:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
Goin Fer It,

Just hang in there... Last time I checked none of us walk on water, turn water into wine, or anything more miraculous than breath, share our thoughts, help someone in need, or just smile sometimes! Keep us posted on how things are going. BOL

Longsnowsm
Thank you for your kind words and support! Sometimes people just need to knock, mock and brag in order to build themselves up.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-25-2006, 03:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB JR.
I went with Watkins Shepard and they pretty much just handed me the keys to a truck and said dont crash into anything a few years back! Well, I maybe at a different outfit now, but I still haven't crashed into anything!

It will be tough to get hired on with a decent carrier having 2 preventables in such a short period of time. Your husband might become limited to companies like CR England until he gets some time under his belt. This is a job where you cant just jump into the truck and hold a wheel. There's a lot more to it then that at times. The recently terminated May driver's problem sounds more like he didn't take the time to examine the area before making a move.

Schools will do anything to make an extra buck. Take this director's words with a grain of salt and do your own researching at the same time.
Well CA earlier on the thread said he has had three. He is still with Watkins Shepards. Much of this will depend on the insurance and who will give my husband a chance.

My husband said that the director of his school has many connections and he has seen him in the past get students on when no one else would take them. He really seems to care and I know for a fact that Systems has a very high regard for him as they told me as soon as I mentioned the schools name. They stated " Oh ---- does such a good job over there!"

Anyhow time will tell and I will definitely update the thread!

Goin Fer It's Wife