User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2008, 11:54 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Medway,arrogant people??? no way lols!!!! Try the fools down in Tunnel Hill,as soon as you walk back into the ops area where all the cubicles are,well you can just feel that unwanted stare without making any eye contact.Driver friendly at usx?NOPE!And dont buy into the "we care" propaganda brainwashing cr@p either.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:22 AM

That's what I do agree on with you guys: not many friendly people. They are all on their own here, don't want to socialize etc. Of course there are a few exceptions, but I do miss that when you go into a terminal everyone's having a good time. They don't know what that is. We never really even go to a terminal unless they tell us to. And Medway sucks for real. In Oklahoma terminal they are nice though.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Rookie

According to their website and recruiters solo drivers will either stay the east half of the country or if they live in the west they stay in the west. Is this correct?
Old 02-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Board Regular

u all give me a big :lol: about the crazy idiots at Medway them ppl. are a f^ckin joke and the so-called security guys are even worse.Glad i don't have to patronize that sad palce any more.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg
u all give me a big :lol: about the crazy idiots at Medway them ppl. are a f^ckin joke and the so-called security guys are even worse.Glad i don't have to patronize that sad palce any more.

LOL!!!!!!!! Your being nice. I couldn;'t believe it out there.Needless to say its a real low-brow operation.
Than again maybe I have been doing this to long. It had been a while since i worked for one of these driver mills. We came as a team and bailed shortly after.
You would think that running a straight operation and retaining drivers these mega operations would be far ahead. ???
Must be that there is $$ in orientations, Many of these companys are truely in the buisness of temporarily filling seats.

My advice to people who are new to driving is hold your breath get some expierience and consider working for a company that has a product and owns a fleet. There are places like MBM, Mclanes, Sysco etc. that might require you to touch frieght but you will be paid well and see you own bed.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmrtt
According to their website and recruiters solo drivers will either stay the east half of the country or if they live in the west they stay in the west. Is this correct?
Pretty much yes.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsunn21
key words: TEAM DRIVER

usx loves their team drivers.no doubt about that.but my post was aimed towards us lowly solo guys lols.
It is extremely "critical" to sort the wheat from the chaff. The simple fact is this....USX, like Covenant....the teams do well, the solo's get the leavings. Thats just how it is with companies with a lot of teams.

While a "team" might make good money....that is absolutely no reflection of what the income potential is for a solo.... Its like comparing a Jaguar to a Yugo.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Rookie

i've been driving with USX for a while now and really the only complaint that I have is pretty much the same one that others seem to have, the detention pay is a joke.

Other then that I have no complaints. I'm happy with my truck, 05 Century, my miles (btw 2200 and 3200 in a week) I get hometime when I need it. My FM is great, I call her all the time letting her know what is going on and she always has me preplanned.

The only other company I have worked for is Schneider and other then arguing with payroll that if I drive 3400 miles I should be netting a lot more then $325 dollars. If Schneider didn't have that problem I would probably still be driving for them.

USX doesn't have that problem for me. Then again I am in constant communication with my FM.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:48 PM