US Xpress

Old 01-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Rookie
Default USX

Unfortunately its big companie slike this that are ruining this once great industry. The USX, JB's, Swift's that cannot retain drivers so they try and get speed limiters on all trucks straight from the manufacturer set at 68mph yeah man, just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside wondering what else these idiots are up to. Beware

Old 01-25-2008, 11:16 PM
Rookie

One if the reasons that the retention is high they are a training companies.
This is one of the few jobs that you can get in with no problems, as long as you not a criminal or a really bad driver. Once the new driver finds that that OTR truck driving is not smoky and the bandit, and its not a 9-5 job they have to be away from home, family, love ones. 70% to 85% say F this.

Unfortunately its big companie slike this that are ruining this once great industry
They are not ruining truck driving. Its capitalism get it there safely, on time, cheaper. I hardly see any one on any trucking forums say dam Wal-Mart or dam Kmart or dam Home depot or Lowes. or Kroger. They are taking all the mom and pop jobs. Granted its a trucking forum but same thing. and most shop there on this forum.

try and get speed limiters on all trucks straight from the manufacturer set at 68mph yeah man
With they way gas prices get higher ether you going to have to slow down or lose money go 70 80 get 4.5 or 5.5 mpg Oh and plz don’t say I go 75mph and i get 7.2 mpg you full of it, unless you BT or haul 15,000 or less

Old 01-28-2008, 01:06 AM

Back to useless xpress,been with them for over 4 years now and thought I would put in my 2 cents.From what I've seen I would definitely say this company is declining rather than improving these days.A few examples:

1.Low pay! Yup that sliding pay scale is a scam.It was implemented years ago when we had regional runs thus maximizing our paychecks due to the short runs.They took away our regional zones but kept the sliding pay scale to maximize their paychecks!Clever!

2.Ok,so you do crack 3000 miles for the week,not bad right?Well those miles are Rand Mcnally miles not practical miles.Imagine what you would of made if you were getting paid practical miles like some companies pay their drivers!?Funny they still boast "highest pay in the industry"!

3.Per Diem rip off.In 2007 the IRS ordered trucking companies to lower their per diem rate from 13 cents per mile to 11 cents per mile.So what does useless xpress do?Heck they took it a step further and lowered it to 10 cents per mile!Hmmm,I wonder why.

4.Was going to talk about the $30 layover pay but I think someone just covered that one above.They have been promising to raise it for 2 years now but still nothing.If your on per diem,that $30 a day just paid for your food expenses thus you make maybe $5 for that day.woo hoo!

5.Hometime.So you earned some hometime and have plans for the weekend with your kids eh?FORGET IT!Getting a driver home on time is not on their agenda.Other companies offer "guaranteed" hometime but why not useless xpress?So those 3 days off you earned you have to waste one of them because you can't make plans for it because useless xpress cant ever get you home on time.Be warned!!!

6.Exiting new local pay for 2008.Before you got paid $50 for any load that goes from 0-150 miles but now according to the new exciting useless xpress driver handbook you will be getting $50 local pay for loads that are 0-300 miles!!!BUT WAIT A SECOND,isnt that the high end of the sliding pay scale you ask? Indeed it is hehehe how sneaky of them.Also see ending sentence for number 2.

Only good thing I can say about usx is that they have decent equipment and decent miles,that is if you have hazmat on your CDL.I know these days its not required but I urge you to get it on there so your opportunities for getting a load are greater.That is unless you like getting that $30 layover pay lols.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:09 AM

Evinrude:

just watched those youtube vids you have linked.Awesome stuff! "Sweat shop on wheels" lmbo!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2008, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by redsunn21
Back to useless xpress,been with them for over 4 years now and thought I would put in my 2 cents.From what I've seen I would definitely say this company is declining rather than improving these days.A few examples:

1.Low pay! Yup that sliding pay scale is a scam.It was implemented years ago when we had regional runs thus maximizing our paychecks due to the short runs.They took away our regional zones but kept the sliding pay scale to maximize their paychecks!Clever!

2.Ok,so you do crack 3000 miles for the week,not bad right?Well those miles are Rand Mcnally miles not practical miles.Imagine what you would of made if you were getting paid practical miles like some companies pay their drivers!?Funny they still boast "highest pay in the industry"!

3.Per Diem rip off.In 2007 the IRS ordered trucking companies to lower their per diem rate from 13 cents per mile to 11 cents per mile.So what does useless xpress do?Heck they took it a step further and lowered it to 10 cents per mile!Hmmm,I wonder why.

4.Was going to talk about the $30 layover pay but I think someone just covered that one above.They have been promising to raise it for 2 years now but still nothing.If your on per diem,that $30 a day just paid for your food expenses thus you make maybe $5 for that day.woo hoo!

5.Hometime.So you earned some hometime and have plans for the weekend with your kids eh?FORGET IT!Getting a driver home on time is not on their agenda.Other companies offer "guaranteed" hometime but why not useless xpress?So those 3 days off you earned you have to waste one of them because you can't make plans for it because useless xpress cant ever get you home on time.Be warned!!!

6.Exiting new local pay for 2008.Before you got paid $50 for any load that goes from 0-150 miles but now according to the new exciting useless xpress driver handbook you will be getting $50 local pay for loads that are 0-300 miles!!!BUT WAIT A SECOND,isnt that the high end of the sliding pay scale you ask? Indeed it is hehehe how sneaky of them.Also see ending sentence for number 2.

Only good thing I can say about usx is that they have decent equipment and decent miles,that is if you have hazmat on your CDL.I know these days its not required but I urge you to get it on there so your opportunities for getting a load are greater.That is unless you like getting that $30 layover pay lols.
Jeez why do you stay? We drive team for USX and we're happy. We take home $2000-2200 a week on average after taxes, we stay out 6 weeks (I know this ia a big no-no to a lot of people but we don't care) and get 7 days home time. Our 2007 Volvo broke down, they immediately had a brand new 2008 Volvo ready for us. We never sit, in fact we have to let them know when we need a restart. They will give that to us, no problems with that ever. We get home time on time. We drove for 2 other companies before and never have we made consistent money like we do now. So yes, a lot of people may complain about USX and it might not be a fit for a lot of people, but we've never had a better paid driving job until we started driving for USX. We don't complain, take every load to whereever it goes and we don't hear from them until we get another load assignment. That's all we ask for: let us drive and we get it there on time and don't bother us with all kinds of BS and they don't. I did read someone said if you get to Colton yard you have to drop your empty trailer etc. yes you do but you go in to the outbound desk and let them know you have a load to pick up at X time, they'll put you on a wait list and we've had an empty trailer assigned to us on time before we had to go pick up a load so I don't see the problem there.
On paper we might now make as much money as some other companies tell you they will, but a lot of those companies can't give you the miles. So whoopey, you get more pay but a lot less miles? That does you a whole lot of good. :roll: The least amount of miles we ran was 5200 miles (on a full week, home time half week not included) so I think that's pretty good. Last week we ran close to 8000 miles with 8 stops x $50 a stop is an additional $400 just for stopping the truck and dropping/hooking a trailer. So how bad is that? For a stop in NYC you get $150.
There is no company that's perfect for you, but I think a lot of it has to do with your own attitude, because no one is perfect and that includes you and me. Complaining puts you in a bad light too; I've seen em: drivers who don't want to go here or there, this is not good and that sucks etc. Turn it around: pretend YOU are the DM/FM or whatever you want to call it, and you had a driver who complains every time you ask him/her something or you have a driver who just does his/her job and says nothing and is just friendly. who would YOU rather deal with? Just keep that in mind.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:39 AM

key words: TEAM DRIVER

usx loves their team drivers.no doubt about that.but my post was aimed towards us lowly solo guys lols.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Rookie

Originally Posted by jonsey
i just finished orientation in lexington nc. I am from long island and they asked me to quit my job before they could hire me which i did and than they told me it could take up to 2 weeks to get a trainer is this normal
Hey jonsey
How do you like training with them , and how long is the training for i'm from long island also i have a freind who also is training with them right now i work local but thinking of going otr

thanks be safe

Old 02-18-2008, 10:26 PM

I wouldnt run for the people at USX for anything. I had a horrible experience with them and all I did was go to orientation at medway. They were the most rude obnoxious people I have ever met in all of my life. They were telling us to falsify logs run over hours and the DORMS ?!? Telling me that if I fuel and scale to log it in 45 mins no matter how long it takes! what the F#%# cant even put a driver up in a hotel? nothing like sleeping in a open air dorm with short walls for a limited amount of privacy. I dont mind a room mate but listening to people all nite long in a room as big as some houses is for the birds.

Auto shift trucks and they act like they are better than everyone else on the road. and I wondered why most USX drivers I met were stuck up! it just comes from wht I experienced at medway.

I can usually find the good in any company, maybe I just wasnt there long enough to find it there and wasnt about to stay long enough to find it. left on my own, Was told I could come back, Yeah Right not in this lifetime. Id rather spend my life driving a desk getting lawn darts thrown at me.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Rookie

I'll second that.BAD PEOPLE!! BEWARE!!!!
Went to Medway too.Real arrogant people.
Be prepaired to be very dissapointed.I should have known better.

Reply Subscribe