Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2006, 05:11 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahri1114
Ok, here is some info that is relevant to the discussion.

I questioned 100 random people at school today about how they felt about homosexuality. 95 of them said that it was wrong, gross and immoral. Those 95 felt that there should be a law against it for all the states. 3 people said that they didn't care, as long as it didn't interfere with their life, and the other 2 were infact gay and they asked me why people were against it. I said to them the same thing "read the Bible, and you will have your answer".

This probably doesn't mean much, but hey, my 2 cents.
That was awsome in what you did. 95 wow, Now do you think the immoral should push thier belief on the moral?
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 02-04-2006, 05:14 AM
Board Regular

NO! I feel the same as those 95 do. if the fags wanna be gay, move to Africa or something. Free our country of scum. And if one of them tried to push that on me.................. :twisted:
Old 02-04-2006, 05:17 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
NO! I feel the same as those 95 do. if the fags wanna be gay, move to Africa or something. Free our country of scum. And if one of them tried to push that on me.................. :twisted:

Well, I don't think they should have to move!lol
Just keep it to them-selves.
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 02-04-2006, 05:23 AM
Board Regular

ooops my bad. guess I got a bit over active in that. i agree withyou slim.

quote of the day: "They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel."

and yes, I am "they" and you guys are "you"
Old 02-04-2006, 05:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
ooops my bad. guess I got a bit over active in that. i agree withyou slim.

quote of the day: "They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel."

and yes, I am "they" and you guys are "you"
Good quote!!

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 02-04-2006, 05:31 AM
Board Regular

Oh? Is it? Well then I will post another!

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face....You must do the thing you think you cannot."
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 02-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
It seems you know about as much of history as you do the constitution. We are NOT nor have we ever been a democracy and the founding fathers knew better than to make this one. it's a fact that democracies are doomed from the start and its been proven more than once. This country is and has been on the verge of democracy since the dumbing down of the populace through the ever lowering standards of the education system.

Wow, this topic really went down the tubes while I was sleeping... Mack, I sincerely apologize for leading it astray and believe me, it all tied in at one time.

As for Fozzy, I see that you wish to resort to accusing everyone of being dumber than you to make your point. I, for one, am not threatened by your self-proclaimed "superior thinking". I'm very confident in the education I received in the "ever lowering standards of the education system". I do know history and I do know the constitution. I've heard all of the pundits cry over the years, "We're not a democracy, we're a Republic dammit!" To them, I say BS. I know that we are and were always intended to be a "democratic republic". I'm fairly certain that the founding fathers had the foresight to see that it is still a democracy when representatives are elected by popular vote. They then decide on laws based on "popular vote". Every where you look in our government it is a "majority rules" system. Whether it be the local town council deciding the issue, the Senate deciding an issue or the Supreme court deciding a case.

Every president at one point or another has spoken of democracy as well as most civil rights activists. It is not a dirty word at all. The word "gay" is not referred to in the Constitution, just the same as blacks were not referred to and women's right to vote is not referred to in the original Amendments. It wasn't the issue then that it is now. Abraham Lincoln stated that the "Constitution is an incomplete document". I agree with him 100%. I love the Constitution, this country and democracy. I believe it is a great "basic set of rules" to live by. I'm not belittling the Constitution at all, I'm just calling it as it is and as it was intended to be. It was never an end-all, do-all as I stated previously.

I do not know you at all and will not pretend to know you based on a few posts of yours that I have read on a forum. I certainly don't know enough about you to call you "ignorant". I have my beliefs and opinions, as you have yours and we are never going to change each other's mind. We could go on for days, but I really feel as though it would go nowhere, but downhill. I offer you a truce and whether or not you accept it is up to you. I, for one, feel bad for the OP as we all have highjacked his post. I suppose it was to be expected given the flavor of the topic and a lot of the info here does circle around the original topic. Although, I will probably continue to monitor this thread because curiousity is our nature, I will try my best to refrain from posting because I feel that most people understand where I stand and there is no sense in me typing the same things over and over again. Thanks to all for stimulating conversation, I think I even learned a few things.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Senior Board Member

It is Imorality Fozzy, Thats why it should not be legalized. I don't care if someone is gay, or whatever, but to legalize it is ridiculous.

This is a bald face lie! You obviously DO care if someone is gay because you are willing to limit their liberty.

Your argument has no base except to attack the religious foundation of our country, That in itself is immoral.

And your argument does nothing but try and install some sort of governmental theocracy that would monitor those who you disagree with. How American...

You have nothing except yourself saying that it does not harm anything you do, but your wrong. You give them an inch they take a mile. Why? because it is sin, immoral and it spreads like cancer, That is why!

And as of yet, all there has been is "bogeyman" talk about homosexuals harming society. As of yet there has been ZERO proof that two adult Americans living their own lives have the explicit right guaranteed to them in the Constitution. This is a right, the government and the religious bigots have no business in even questioning it.

I believe I have expressed my thought very well. You just seem to want to argue my and many others opinion on the matter, we have defended our opinion and what we believe and know to be true and Truth, what have you defended Fozzy, but some people who want equal rights because they want to be Immoral.

You have done nothing more than spout your opinion. Your opinion is just that. You have the right to live your life free from government intrusion, so does everyone else. The fact that people blame the decline of society on this small segment of the population is just asinine. And to say that homosexuality is immoral is also your opinion. You have a right not to be a homosexual if that is what you wish.

It spreads, it's already being tought in the school's, and protested by the minority, so they can say "hey I'm gay and I need to teach your children and you have to accept me" I DON"T THINK SO, If they wan't to live immoral, they can do it in thier own houses, and not try to express thier immorality on the moral.

So you're saying that only the homosexuals are immoral? That statement points out the lack of common sense and logic so often missing in these debates.

Therfor they should not be allowed to marry legaly, because it is bringing something Immoral into law and allowing it to spread.

Spread? So this is going to make heterosexuals marry homosexuals? There are gay people who have been living together for decades. There are others who would probably get married if given the chance. What has changed on this other than the legal protections that marriage should get? Will allowing gay marriages make all the heterosexual lemmings stop all their sexual romps? I highly doubt it. If this wasn't such a bloated example of do as I say-not as I do, I've never seen one!

On the other Thread of "Fact or Speculation" is the story of Sodom and Gommorah which they have found, EVEDIENCE on Gods view of Immorality.

In your opinion. They've found evidence about all sorts of things, usually that doesn't mean anything other than it creates more speculation on facts.

Maybe we should start another debate!!!
and if we do maybe you should bring some facts this time instead of Fozzy says so.

And maybe you should bring something other than that sham comic book that was recreated several times over to control the populace by a demented King. I think you may study up on Catholicism, if you get your wish of religious majority making the laws and setting punishments in this country, you better learn to bow to the Pope and kiss his robes.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin
Crime is immoral. Where is the anti crime thread? Has crime not spread like a cancer for years? And years? And years?

What exactly is immoral about two adults (of the same sex, of course) living together in the same house?
I have already answerd that question read the whole thread!!
We've got Laws for the crime's, but some wanna be goody tissues activist in the plural form over the years have taken away some of the crime deturents like hanging. 8)
What rights are being taken from one homosexual to have sex with another homosexual? This is where the religious folks seem to have the wheels come off the wagon. If two adults decided to get together and do something to or with each other, its no ones (especially the governments) business. Who's rights are being violated here? To have a CRIME there must be someones property made non-usable or there must be injury caused to another party. In this debate, this just doesn't meet the standard of a crime.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Do you also use this term in school? How often do you use the "N" word and is that acceptable to you in discussion about black Americans?.
Closed Thread