User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default NCAA Football 2012

What a way to start. Blowouts, upsets, early statements..................

Shocked that OSU actually covered the spread against Savannah St. It was 67.5 points, they won 84-0. I really thought that once Gundy got up by 50 he'd pull everyone(which he did) and SS would score some points back but the 2nd, 3rd and 4th teamers just kept on scoring and shutting out SS.

Nice touch of class by FSU in their big blowout over Murray St. Up 60 points with a minute left in the game and at the 1 yard line they call a Timeout to set up a play to punch in another TD and run up the score. Stay classy there FSU!

Pittsburgh goes down to Youngstown St, PSU loses to Ohio(mild upset there with all the off field distractions that went on leading up to this game) and Texas St over Houston.

Surprised at Texas struggling with Wyoming, Florida and Arkansas struggled but won and Maryland beat William & Mary on a last minute TD 7-6.

The big games, Bama showed they may have a dynasty well intact. USC looked pretty good as did Oregon. Oregon though didn't look so hot with their backups in there. They aren't a very deep team it means. LSU looked pretty solid and have a tough SOB at QB.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
What a way to start. Blowouts, upsets, early statements..................

Shocked that OSU actually covered the spread against Savannah St. It was 67.5 points, they won 84-0. I really thought that once Gundy got up by 50 he'd pull everyone(which he did) and SS would score some points back but the 2nd, 3rd and 4th teamers just kept on scoring and shutting out SS.

Nice touch of class by FSU in their big blowout over Murray St. Up 60 points with a minute left in the game and at the 1 yard line they call a Timeout to set up a play to punch in another TD and run up the score. Stay classy there FSU!

Pittsburgh goes down to Youngstown St, PSU loses to Ohio(mild upset there with all the off field distractions that went on leading up to this game) and Texas St over Houston.

Surprised at Texas struggling with Wyoming, Florida and Arkansas struggled but won and Maryland beat William & Mary on a last minute TD 7-6.

The big games, Bama showed they may have a dynasty well intact. USC looked pretty good as did Oregon. Oregon though didn't look so hot with their backups in there. They aren't a very deep team it means. LSU looked pretty solid and have a tough SOB at QB.
Ohio has 3 prominent "okies" on their team. One of their wide recievers that caught a TD pass, Donte Foster from Guthrie, running back Beau Blankenship from Norman North and Tyler Tettleton from Norman North also. He and Beau were teamates and Tyler's dad is Mickey Tettleton who was a catcher in the Major Leagues for a while.

I read today that the offensive coordinator at Houston quit after Saturday's debacle.

OU was pitiful. The defense worked as advertised we just have to get the offense on the same page. The defense pitched a shutout and I think I read that they only allowed 55yds of offense to UTEP. UTEP's TD came off of a blocked punt. Landry spent more time picking himself up off of the carpet than throwing passes it seemed. The recievers look really good, now if them and the QB can just get on the same page. The Juco transfer, Williams looks REALLY good. I don't know if there is such a thing but we seem to have WAY to many RB's. I'll be at the Florida A&M game, hopefully it won't turn into another Savannah State.

Bama looks like an NFL team. They looked unbeatable, ALL YEAR! I love their freshman RB, he reminds me of Adrian Peterson when he was a freshman, just about the same size and running style.

Glad it's finally here, now if we can just get the weather to cooperate, it is 104 here today! ICK!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Tennessee did well with their first game. I hope that we can get back to playing football with this new coach. We will see how well they can play when we go against one of the major SEC schools.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Tennessee did well with their first game. I hope that we can get back to playing football with this new coach. We will see how well they can play when we go against one of the major SEC schools.
I guess he's, (Dooley), is really on the HOT seat. Hopefully they'll be decent this year. The rest of the country needs some help knocking Bama and LSU down a peg or two
Old 09-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Board Icon

LSU is very vulnerable to the likes of Auburn, SC, GA and even Miss St IF it's in Stark-vegas. I just don't see them having an offense that can manage the game any better than they did last year. Their D carried the load last year and will need to again with less play makers than last year, sounds funny that a Les Miles team is going to have to win with defense.

Dooley should not be on the hot seat this year yet he is in Rocky Top land. He's been working on putting a winner on the field now he's looking to build on that yet the Big Orange fans want them winning the SEC yesterday. That is all I heard about on the Friday and Saturday radio talk shows for football 2 weeks ago in Gatlinburg. Dooley must win this year, UT needs to win the SEC East this year or Dooley needs to go.............tough crowd. They looked good at times against a piss poor NC State team. They just need to put it all together for 4 quarters each week now instead of here and there.

Nice to see Frank Solich get another nice feather in his cap type of win for a little school like Ohio. Even if it was a wounded PSU they beat, a win is a win.

Looks like Houston misses Case Keenum, just a horrible loss right there to Texas St with very little offense. No surprise if the report is true that he quit.

I was shocked at how bad OU played offensively. I took them to cover the spread.

Bama is gonna be tough to beat and their QB has at least 1 more year left with an RB that is a freshman already running wild. If Saban can keep putting a strong D on the field year in and year out, the nation better look out. They could have a strangle hold on the Waterford Crystal football for a few more years. Keep it up and people will start going Bear who?
Old 09-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
UT needs to win the SEC East this year or Dooley needs to go.............tough crowd.
You ought to hear it around here. People have short memories.......not remembering the Blake, Schnellenburger days.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Board Icon

The Georgia fans have been saying for how many years now that Mark Richt is on the hot seat? Haven't heard it this year.......yet. Dooley is only in his 3rd year on the job and the previous 2 years they have been playing a tough SEC schedule. Both years they saw LSU and Bama and last year also saw Arkansas. Those 3 teams were the top 3 teams in the entire SEC. Obviously they see Florida, Georgia and SC every year but this year they have Mizzou on the schedule, Bama again. I see the possibility of 7 wins for them this year but if they can put it together I don't see any reason they can't knock off SC, and Florida too. I would be shocked if they knock off Bama and Mizzou. Not sure on Georgia.

Unfortunately Big Game Bob has a rep following him. He can get there but he can't win it. Forget that he has gotten them to the big games, he's not winning them so that's not good enough, time to replace him. Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for, these Monday morning coaches may find the next coach is even worse. Ask Nebraska how that worked out for them when they fired Solich. Some not so good years and even now, they aren't the Big Red Machine from years past. They couldn't stand 1 .500 season and worked to send him packing even after Solich put together a 9-3 final year with a return to the polls. Little did they know the year's that followed would be subpar.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for, these Monday morning coaches may find the next coach is even worse.
Exactly! It's funny that a 10 wind season is sub-par. I understand the getting spoiled part, but you can't win EVERY game ever year. We'll be alright, until we lose one "unexpectedly".
Old 09-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Board Icon

I do wonder when the NFL mentality on coaches came about in NCAA football. It used to be that NCAA coaches had a lot more leash, a lot of them at the big time schools were lifer's even if they had a rough season here and there. Now it's like the NFL, 1 bad season and your out at these big time schools. There is no more patience to let the coach build or rebuild. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that guys like Saban roll into Bama and all of a sudden they go from a 7-6 first year to nearly winning the SEC and playing for the national title. Everyone expects their coach to be able to do the same and that just ain't going to happen but they want a change anyways.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Senior Board Member

That's Stoops' downfall. He won the National Championship his second year and now people around here wonder why he hasn't done it every year since! He's ONLY been back to the National Championship game 3 times since then, albeit we got spanked, but at least we were there. I'm sure alot of other teams would have loved to be there too just for the chance to play.