User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Lance Armstrong

Like it says in the article, this guy has lied and lied and lied for years! And NOW he wants forgiveness, from OPRAH? He must really be broke and Oprah must really be hurting for ratings. I don't know what he expects. Are we really that forgiving of a nation?

Lance Armstrong Will Ask Oprah for Absolution, Forgiveness in Interview | Showbiz411
Old 01-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Board Icon

He's so yesterday's news, do we really still care about him? He cheated, time to move on and forget about him!!

He thinks we should all forgive him, dude you lied for how many years? Your still telling lies and then thumbing your nose at the very people who banned you and you expect forgiveness? It was admirable that he overcame cancer to get back to racing bikes, that alone would have been a great enough story. I could forgive him for not winning another bike race after that. To come back and cheat then lie and cover it up and lie some more while winning nearly every time you got back on the bike, not so admirable. I think I'm more ashamed at falling for his lies and deceit, I should be the one asking for forgiveness as a fan who got hoodwinked by him. I can't believe so many of us got drawn in as him being the only clean racer in a sport full of juicers. A clean racer will never beat someone who is juicing in cycling. Look at Tyler Hamilton or Matt DeCanio. Neither could really make it with the big boys until they started juicing, both got caught.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:24 AM
Senior Board Member

every one in his day of racing were druged even now the New Zealanders of those days are admitting they were on it ,if every one had been straight i think armstrong would of still won the races .it was like the body building championships of those years.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Board Icon

Without actually saying it, Oprah confirmed that Lance acknowledged he doped. To do the interview she and her 2 or 3 minions in attendance had to agree to not say what took place. Funny how she sounded like a politician in answering that.

I hope the USAD or USDA or whatever they are do not suddenly get a soft heart on him. They gave him more than 1 chance to come clean and name names along with showing just how he did it. If he is sincere in apologizing then he needs to go alone to Floyd Landis, Greg LeMond and a number of others and apologize face to face. How dare he call LeMond a cheater when he himself was cheating and lying about it............
Old 01-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Who cares? How is it any diffrent than baseball or football or any 'sport'? If we encourage so called athletes to play games for ridiculous money they'll look for whatever edge they can find. Until we pay teachers and soldiers what they're worth I won't support any one playing a game for millions of dollars. The priorities are so backwards it's sickening.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin View Post
Who cares?
Exactly>next!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin View Post
Who cares? How is it any diffrent than baseball or football or any 'sport'? If we encourage so called athletes to play games for ridiculous money they'll look for whatever edge they can find. Until we pay teachers and soldiers what they're worth I won't support any one playing a game for millions of dollars. The priorities are so backwards it's sickening.
I agree. Armstrong didn't just lie, he ruined or severly damaged people's reputations to try and save his over the number of years that this went on. Does apologizing fix that? I don't think so. I believed everything that people were saying about this guy. If it smells like a rat, it probably is a rat!

I don't support ANY professional sport and I am getting disgruntled with college and high school athletes as well. Money and the greed that goes along with it have ruined everything....IMHO.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:47 PM
Board Icon

RD, I do believe your seriously mistaken about all other sports. Cycling is the worst of the worst for juicing, been that way for more than 30 years. Every cyclist has juiced but not everyone has been caught. I would bet the farm that not every baseball player or football player is juicing or juiced. Do you see race car drivers juicing? That is considered a sport and they get paid as much as 8 figures a year but they don't do that(a few do the hard drugs though.) How about soccer players, don't see any of them juicing. Can't say much about the NBA since their drug testing policy is like Comedy Central, a laugh a minute. I will give you that MLB and Cycling have made steroids and such all the rage and I agree it's sickening when it comes to how much they are being paid to play a game instead of doing a real job and cheating at said game. We need to care though, we need to care when someone gets busted and show them our displeasure. Simply ignoring them and not caring doesn't fix the problem.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:05 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Dancing with the bright Pixies at University of Edinburgh

Have to say, all credit to him for being able to keep his cycle in a straight line and win all those races despite the dope
Last time I smoked that **** I couldn't even get off the couch!

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Old 01-19-2013, 04:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wot i life View Post
Have to say, all credit to him for being able to keep his cycle in a straight line and win all those races despite the dope
Last time I smoked that **** I couldn't even get off the couch!
yep think you doing a 100 look at speedo and you only doing 30