User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Now the world knows that lovable ol' JoePa wasn't the only cold-blooded Paterno. Turns out it runs in the family. All they care about is the record. Which is why Joe lingered around as long as he did. Penn State football hasnt been relevant for 20 years, 4 more wont hurt them.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Rather than going after the school, they should be going after those who failed to act or covered up Sandusky's acts. Any found guilty should be punished to the full extent of the law. I don't see why the NCAA should even have become involved.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Still can't believe he is really done at PSU. Happy to see former players and even the lawyer of some of the victims coming to Joe's defense. The man did what he was legally required to do and yet he has become the main scapegoat while the actual witness who did absolutely nothing to intervene had gotten away scot free until Friday. The fans have turned on him now, he is suddenly in hiding due to threats against him. Not surprised by that, how could he live with himself knowing HE got JoePa fired by dragging him into it instead of going to the cops himself or intervening himself to stop it. He was 23-24 years old at the time, more than old enough to know what he saw and that it was wrong and should be stopped. He's a big boy as is, he could have easily walked in there and kicked Sandusky's tail and put an end to it right then 10 years ago. I hope PSU goes the next 20 years without a single win in football. For the loyalty Joe showed to them since the 60's, this is how they treated him when things got tough, c-ya. He IS/WAS Penn St. He was the only reason they were able to get recruits in the Mid 2000's after several piss poor years, come play for Paterno. He brought them back to contenders over the last 6 years even as he hit 80 years old. Joe and his wife have done so daggone much for the PSU campus. They have donated tons and tons of money.

He covered up for a pedophile witch makes him just as dirty, sorry can't agree with you on this one.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Board Icon

How do yo know he covered up for Sandusky? You need evidence, you know the evidence that the FBI has which shows that JoePa did no such thing, hence why they never charged him with anything and stated right from the start that Joe had done nothing wrong. Again, a former FBI head put out an opinion, an opinion that contains very few details of his claims against Joe. The man even refuses to show his "facts" to back up his claims. You show me the evidence where Joe covered it up because what I heard was that he was informed of something that the witness wasn't even entirely sure what he saw. You gonna kick a friend to the curb and call the cops on them too just because your told something like this or are you going to go ask that friend what is going on first? If your going to toss a friend under the bus at the drop of a hat then your not a true friend.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Go talk to your friend? .... About raping a child? .... What's he gonna say? ....Then what?

The authorities need to know. Let them talk to your friend.

Its obvious the school knows the truth. They signed off on, even agreed to beforehand, all the sanctions. They dont want or need anymore investigating. They dont want anymore information getting released then whats already out there. In a way, they're still covering up. They all know they gonna lose big money in civil suits.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Board Icon

See, this is where I have a tiny bit of experience. Guy worked at a tire shop where we get all our tires, we didn't hang out with each other but we were friendly and joked around while I was there mainly because his brother drove a truck also. Out of the blue he isn't there one day, or the next day, open the paper and see he's been arrested for "raping" a 15 year old. Of course he bonds out of jail and goes back to the tire shop to let them know what is going on and see if he can still work there until the trial(they did allow him to keep working.) I never once looked at him as some bad guy just because of what I read in the paper. Instead I asked him about what I had read on him, he told me his side and I still came away feeling the same as I did before. There was no hatred towards him. He was convicted and got like 8 years but he maintained that it was consensual and she had told him she was 19 just like he had told me. When he gets out, if I see him around I won't pop him in the mouth or turn my back on him. You don't toss a friend under the bus just because you hear something about them. You find out what is going on, if they tell you it's BS and you don't believe them, then by all means toss them under the bus and go to the police. Apparently Joe went to Sandusky to find out what was up, apparently he believed Sandusky enough to not call the police right then and there. Hindsight is 20/20, Joe admitted he made a mistake there in believing Sandusky. Joe did inform the school of a possible issue with Sandusky, it was their job at that point to dig deeper not Joe's.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
See, this is where I have a tiny bit of experience. Guy worked at a tire shop where we get all our tires, we didn't hang out with each other but we were friendly and joked around while I was there mainly because his brother drove a truck also. Out of the blue he isn't there one day, or the next day, open the paper and see he's been arrested for "raping" a 15 year old. Of course he bonds out of jail and goes back to the tire shop to let them know what is going on and see if he can still work there until the trial(they did allow him to keep working.) I never once looked at him as some bad guy just because of what I read in the paper. Instead I asked him about what I had read on him, he told me his side and I still came away feeling the same as I did before. There was no hatred towards him. He was convicted and got like 8 years but he maintained that it was consensual and she had told him she was 19 just like he had told me. When he gets out, if I see him around I won't pop him in the mouth or turn my back on him. You don't toss a friend under the bus just because you hear something about them. You find out what is going on, if they tell you it's BS and you don't believe them, then by all means toss them under the bus and go to the police.
What does that have to do with ANYTHING? Not even close to the same. YOU had no responsibility to do a thing. The guy was already under arrest and whether you choose to believe him or not is irrelevant.

Quote:
Apparently Joe went to Sandusky to find out what was up, apparently he believed Sandusky enough to not call the police right then and there. Hindsight is 20/20, Joe admitted he made a mistake there in believing Sandusky.
First of all where are you getting this? Secondly thats your answer? Joe says "hey Jerry did you rape that kid? Jerry says no Joe. Joe says OK friend dont worry about it. Give me a freakin break. And even if it happened that's OK with you even though Joe was wrong? Cmon man! Joe was aware of accusations back to 1998. McQueary told Joe exactly what he saw and Joe and the others told McQueary to forget what he saw. McQueary is a pssuy for letting them push him around but he was crystal clear in court on what he saw. He finally manned up. There is so much more beneath the surface that we dont know. It stinks to high heaven. Thats why Penn State is laying down, they just want it to go away before any more dirt gets discovered.

Quote:
Joe did inform the school of a possible issue with Sandusky, it was their job at that point to dig deeper not Joe's.
This is the part you dont want to believe. Joe informed them alright, not just in 2001. Sandusky was a problem on their hands for years. And they collectively decided it was best to not say anything. Granted it was probably a lot of whispering and finger pointing. It would have been difficult to prove. But they knew, they knew for years. They just didnt want the bad publicity. And you're crazy if you think for a minute Joe wasn't involved in those conversations. He was involved in everything.