User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

So now some emails have been leaked and one says that McQueary told a friend that he did indeed go to the police both local and campus police before going to JoePa in 2002. So there you have it, if true then the police are to blame and the media owe JoePa an apology for hounding him so badly. No wonder he didn't go to the police if McQueary already had gone to the police as the email says. Why go a second time? They failed to act just as they failed to act back in the mid-90's when allegations first surfaced.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
So now some emails have been leaked and one says that McQueary told a friend that he did indeed go to the police both local and campus police before going to JoePa in 2002. So there you have it, if true then the police are to blame and the media owe JoePa an apology for hounding him so badly. No wonder he didn't go to the police if McQueary already had gone to the police as the email says. Why go a second time? They failed to act just as they failed to act back in the mid-90's when allegations first surfaced.
Ok. So he went to the police. Wouldn't one think that Paterno would be the least bit inquisitive about one of his employee's being accused of sexual misconduct with a 10yr old boy? Wouldn't you expect SOME kind of action eventually for that kind of accusation? Don't you think he, (Paterno), would dig into it a little bit further? Why go a second time? Maybe because I'm the Boss. Maybe to find out what kind of investigation is going on against one of my employee's that has been accused of having sexual miscondut with a 10yr old boy. Maybe because it's the right thing to do. Maybe because it's the SMART thing to do.

I still say Paterno, among others, passed the buck and dropped the ball.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Board Icon

Why even go to the police when they have done nothing to the accused when previously informed? By their actions it means there is nothing to the accusation, end of story basically. Sandusky should have been in jail in 1995 and yet he wasn't. The DA(who BTW went MIA in 2005) and the police were informed of him doing this crap back then and did nothing. They either swept it under the rug or never took it seriously and ignored the evidence against him. So again, why even keep going to the police? Why should Joe have gone to dig around in 2002? Sandusky at that time was no longer working for the school, he left PSU in 1999. I think by Joe's hindsight statement it was more along the lines of, I wish I had done more to keep him away from PSU when I was first told of the allegations because apparently McQueary told Joe that he had already talked with the police. Knowing that Joe didn't need to contact them himself, they had already been contacted, he only needed to contact his boss per the PA law and inform him of the situation.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

The legal aspect of this will be determined in the courts. And as hard as these cases can be to prove it wouldn't surprise me at all if no one gets convicted of anything. But for me its an issue of common sense and moral judgement. Joe Paterno RAN that football program. Football, the facilities, the program, the field...all of it. He was unquestionably in charge and made every decision that needed to be made. Jerry Sandusky was his coach for 30+ years. There was probably no one closer to Sandusky during that time then Joe Paterno. You cant work that closely in such a high pressure environment and not know the guy. Joe heard all the rumors, all the accusations, all the whispering, the finger pointing. He heard it for years. If somebody you work with or are close to has a problem you know. After 30 years you know. But Sandusky was allowed complete access to the facilities and the program even after he retired. At the very least I would have looked Sandusky right in the eye and told him you're no longer welcome in my football program, pack your bags and get the hell out. There are just too many things in this whole case that dont pass the smell detector. Sandusky was dirty and alot of people knew including Joe. I think Joe is a good guy who did alot of great things, but he got dealt a bad hand and it sucks for him. I dont believe he belongs in jail (unless something really bad comes out) but he has to be investigated for what went on in his program and be held accountable. Then at the very least he will be judged in the court of popular opinion.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:24 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Money and power has made these people loose their soul.
I feel Joe Pa should hang his head in shame, and everyone else involved.

I think Joe should go to jail, and so what if he's 84.
Still not too late for him to know what a Sandusky shower is like....then see how he feels about that.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
So again, why even keep going to the police? Why should Joe have gone to dig around in 2002? Sandusky at that time was no longer working for the school, he left PSU in 1999.
That's the thing. He DIDN'T leave PSU in 1999. He "quit" coaching in '99 but he was still around. The "alleged" shower incident with the 10yr old took place on campus at PSU in '02. That is one of the questions everyone is asking.......if he quit coaching in '99 then why was he allowed to still hang around? I think I even read that he still had a parking spot. I'm with snowman. I think Paterno did alot of great things, along with his wife. Unfortunatley, by him putting his head in the sand, it is ALL going to be undone.

I really don't want this to turn into another "obama" or "political" thread on my part and I think it very easily could. I've pretty much said my peace and I'm going to just sit on the sidelines for the rest of this one. It's so hard to try to get a point across on the computer without it sounding completely like you don't want it too and I get along with everybody on this "sports" page and I want to keep it that way, so ya'll enjoy and I'll just "read" this thread and chime in on the others.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Rookie

The Trustees just wanted to get rid of JoePa. It burns them that a man of his age is still the best out there.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Board Icon

Rob, would you want to be the person who tells a charity they can't come in anymore because their founder is an alleged sick perv? This story just get's stranger by the day. Now the police are calling McQueary a liar.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Rob, would you want to be the person who tells a charity they can't come in anymore because their founder is an alleged sick perv? This story just get's stranger by the day. Now the police are calling McQueary a liar.
I think it's just a matter of EVERYONE trying to cover their arses.:moon: This is all sooooo bad that nobody want's any part of this sticking to them.:fire:
Old 11-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Senior Board Member