LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix View Post
may i come to your black panther party?

by the way, i heard dale jr. is a closet case, gets gay with jeff gordon, and that danica patrick can race circles around the both of them. is this true?

Are you speaking from experience ? If you're not into racing why post d ick head stuff ? unless you're a troll........
Old 05-07-2009, 12:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post
Are you speaking from experience ? If you're not into racing why post d ick head stuff ? unless you're a troll........
i hate on nascar because it's a bunch of redneck and trailer park trash they cater to. i prefer european automobiles and racing. rally cross is awesome, so is the le mans grand prix, and lets face it, european automobiles ROFLstomp their american competition.

oh, it's fun to troll.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:18 AM
Board Icon

Wait, NASCAR caters to rednecks and trailer trash these days? Sy, where have you been, they DO NOT cater to those, they have sold out to the social elite. They started the sell out in the late 90's when the sport started to become mainstream in the US instead of regional. They started cleaning up the drivers so that they didn't look like a hillbilly. The teams these days have contracts on how you can friggin dress and stuff while at the track. The drivers are supposed to act like robots instead of just trying to have a good time and enjoy what they do due to the sponsors that spend big money on their team. Ticket prices are ridiculous high, while they aren't $200 a pop like F1 at Indy was, they are still double what they were just 15 years ago. I have ticket stubs from Richmond from 1993, ticket price, $40, same seats in 2005, $80, 2009, $85. They have slowly priced out the "rednecks" and "trailer trash."

You ought take that racist attitude on somewhere else instead of putting down someone you don't know with that redneck, trailer trash comment. That's not cool and being that I'm from a NASCAR family, I sure don't appreciate it considering I don't live in a trailer and my neck isn't red but becuase I'm from the country and like NASCAR I'm still considered a redneck.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:28 AM
Senior Board Member

racist? i am an equal opportunity hater.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
They started cleaning up the drivers so that they didn't look like a hillbilly. The teams these days have contracts on how you can friggin dress and stuff while at the track. The drivers are supposed to act like robots instead of just trying to have a good time and enjoy what they do due to the sponsors that spend big money on their team.
Jeff Burton disagrees with you.

NASCAR fans explain yourself to Jeff Burton | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Old 05-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Board Icon

Mike my comment was misinterpeted, the teams and sponsors, not NASCAR is what I was commenting on. The teams and sponsors have made these drivers for the most part like robots. They had to because of the sponsors, this sport is so sponsor driven that you have to do what the sponsor says if you want their money. Remember Terry Labonte's comments at Darlington back I think in like 2002 or 2003? He was saying how Kellogg's wanted him to race a certain way and telling him how his dress code should be while not in the car. While Jeff Burton has some good sponsors that don't tell him to watch what he says or how to drive or how to dress, there are other's out there that do. Why, because that driver is the face of that sponsor and any negative they put out, will look bad on the sponsor. Kellogg's wasn't too keen on Kyle Busch, he was winning races but his general attitude in interviews made him a bad spokesman for the company. I can guarantee, had Hendrick not shown him the door when he did, Kellogg's would not be on the hood of car if he was still in the 5.

As for NASCAR themselves, they allow the drivers to speak and somewhat act more freely than they did in the early 2000's. They were punishing drivers for stupid stuff back then. They got some backlash from the fans and NASCAR loosened up a bit. Remember Harvick's parking after a Truck race at Martinsville? He showed some raw emotion by going out and wrecking Coy Gibbs after Gibbs wrecked him at a short track of all places where you expect that stuff to happen. He was parked for the Cup race the next day for it. Jimmy Spencer was suspended for showing his emotions at Michigan by punching Kurt Busch in the nose. That was the first time NASCAR suspended a driver for "fighting." Mikey did the same thing to Lake Speed at the same track and he only got a fine. Earnhardt punched Mikey once in the same way and got a fine also. Lest we forget Mike Wallace's big fine for his animated and colorful discussion with Shane Hmiel following a wreck between the two at Rockingham in a Busch race? Because someone could have lip read what Wallace said, he was fined big time for it. You couldn't quite hear what he said, but you could lip read it for sure. FOX later apologized to Wallace for even showing it on TV since it was on a 5-10 second delay. So yes, NASCAR has toned things down and tried to get away from the whole redneck crap but they don't rule it with an iron fist like they were just 10 years ago.

Last edited by Mr. Ford95; 05-09-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:52 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Excellent points Mr. Ford.

So what's the inside scoop on Mayfield and his drug ban?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Board Icon

This Mayfield thing was shocking, I'd thought they would have popped Denny Hamlin first if the source is right. I'm buying Mayfield's excuse though, the doctor he uses also works with the NCAA and other pro sports. NASCAR has already said it wasn't alcohol or performance enhancing steroids, what else could it be besides him smoking some pot? I don't see him as being the type of guy that would do that, particularly after one of his team members was busted at Daytona this year under the new drug policy of which he fired him over it. As for the Hamlin comment, inside knowledge has seen some stuff with him that would lead one to believe he's juicing for some reason or he's very bi-polar. Fine one minute, then flipping out and wanting to fight the next while lifting weights.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Senior Board Member

I have a few friends that work for Nascar Teams

Mayfields claim is he was taking RX Adderall and OTC Claritin Clear

Adderall is a brand-name drug psychostimulant composed of mixed amphetamine salts, which is thought to work by increasing the amount of norepinephrine and dopamine in the brain. [1] Adderall is widely reported to increase alertness, concentration and overall cognitive performance while decreasing user fatigue.

Last edited by Scottt; 05-12-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Heh heh......I just have to wonder why a professional race car driver takes a drug commonly prescribed for Attention Deficit Disorder.:hellno:

Bet there have been a few snickers about that up and down the garage area. Maybe this explains a few things about Mayfield's up and down career?