User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Is that all your good at? Criticizing? Forget how the 88 team did, they weren't the only one's running bad in the Coke 310 and for all the "bad" they have run this year, they are still in the Top 20 and still have an outside shot at the Chase. Nice to see how envious you are of Hendrick with that parting shot. For a second, I thought you were taking one at Stewart-Haas since Gene Haas got popped for worse, tax fraud. Hendrick was popped for mail fraud that came from the very top of Honda Motors. He was the middle man who got caught.

Quote:
On the morning of June 19, 2006, Haas was arrested by IRS agents for investigation of filing false tax returns, witness intimidation, and conspiracy. Four others were indicted together with Haas.
That's worse than what Rick Hendrick did, that's mafia style there.

Moving on, how about David Reutimann and MWR getting their very first win? Great call to stay out and hopefully it will finally get a sponsor to jump on with MWR and sponsor that 00 car for a while. Aarons did not want to do the full season but Mikey begged them to do a full season and pretty much guaranteed a win this year for them.

Not sure what to think of the Mayfield situation now. I suspect that by this Sunday night, the crap will have hit the fan of what NASCAR said was so bad since they were meeting with all drivers and crew chiefs today. That was said to be on the menu of discussion along with how to better the racing and to solicit views on changing some racing rules. Not everyone will be able to keep it secret on the Mayfield deal if they did discuss it. Mayfield got a lawyer and they were given some hard data in the form of toxicology reports. Since given those reports, everything has gone quiet from the Mayfield side............
Old 05-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Talking

Hey Mr. Ford.......I saw on Yahoo that France had ruled out 'performance enhancing' drugs, leaving only recreational drugs.

My money is on ole Jeremy lighting up a big Bob Marley style joint.

Any thoughts Mr. Ford?

Old 05-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Board Icon

My thought is Benadryl. I have the same type of allergies Mayfield has and if they get to really acting up even though I took my Claritin-D, I have to take Benadryl to get them back under control for a few hours. He, along with some other folks who know him and saw him at Richmond said his allergies got to going nuts, so he probably took some Benadryl to get them back under control. The downside to Benadryl is that it could possibly make you drowsy. Not everyone who takes it gets drowsy but it is a side effect for some people. Is a substance within it banned? Possibly but the man did what he had to do for health reasons. Remember the deal with Martin Truex early this year at Atlanta? He had gall stone's and ended up at the hospital. He had to pass them without any pain medicine to help him along. Per NASCAR's substance policy, he would have been in violation and would not have been allowed to race on Sunday. NASCAR told him he could take the medicine if he needed to, but if he did he was parked for Sunday.............I would have said let him take them and then give him a sobriety test right before the race to see if he is all there.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Is that all your good at? Criticizing? Forget how the 88 team did, they weren't the only one's running bad in the Coke 310 and for all the "bad" they have run this year, they are still in the Top 20 and still have an outside shot at the Chase. Nice to see how envious you are of Hendrick with that parting shot. For a second, I thought you were taking one at Stewart-Haas since Gene Haas got popped for worse, tax fraud. Hendrick was popped for mail fraud that came from the very top of Honda Motors. He was the middle man who got caught.
Not criticizing at all, actually I found the in car shots quite funny during the race.

Sorry but you can't compare Haas and Hendrick. Haas took his punishment and served his time like a man. What did Slick Rick do?? Throw some money Bill Clinton's way and you get a pardon. How much did Slick Rick pay them Honda Execs so he could have the monopoly of the Honda market in the US? Oh yeah he bought them houses and fancy cars and threw a few hundred thousand around. You also forgot there was a little more than just mail fraud, don't forget he plead guilty to bribary too. Federal Mail Fraud and Bribary almost the same as a unpaid parking ticket huh.

Sure was funny too that as soon as he got the pardon his luekemia went into remission. Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Jr may have a new Crew Chief this weekend......WoooooHoooooo

I have this feeling that Jr will win at Dover, peace will reign over the land, Republicans and Dems will be holding hands singing kumbaya, North Korea and Iran will call Obama and admit that all they want is to be held tenderly, and KFC will stop making the nastiest fried chicken on the planet.

Yeah Jr is 19th in points but I don't see how he can get in the chase. He has Reutimann, JPM, Kahne, Vickers, Bowyer, Truex Jr ahead of him and he can't even beat them on the track so can't see him passing them in the points.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Board Icon

Rick was going to serve a year in prison but his leukemia turned it into home confinement while getting treatment. Your an incredible tart for acting as if the leukemia was all fake to skip jail time. Just so you know, the pardon didn't come until 2000, 3 years after he was found guilty and after he had gone into remission.

Quote:
Charlotte car dealer and NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick has been indicted by a federal grand jury on a conspiracy charge, one count of mail fraud and 13 counts of money laundering.
I see no bribery charge there.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
I see no bribery charge there.

In 1997, Hendrick pleaded guilty to bribery and mail fraud. In the 1980s, Honda automobiles were in high demand, and Honda executives allegedly solicited bribes from dealers for larger product disbursements. Hendrick admitted to giving hundreds of thousands of dollars, BMW automobiles, and houses to American Honda Motor Company executives. Hendrick was sentenced in December of that year to a $250,000 fine, 12 months home confinement (instead of prison, due to his leukemia), three years probation, and to have no involvement with Hendrick Automotive Group or Hendrick Motorsports during his year of confinement. In December of 2000, Hendrick received a full pardon from President Clinton
Old 05-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Board Icon

Funny, everything I read says he never plead guilty to Bribery, he plead guilty to lesser charges. He faced a bribery charge but it was dropped because there was no solid evidence of it ever happening. All the bribery stuff was "alleged."
Quote:
Honda executives allegedly solicited bribes from dealers for larger product disbursements.
Rick Hendrick: The King of Nascar | Newsweek Business | Newsweek.com
Quote:
During the 1990s, Hendrick was diagnosed with leukemia (he beat it) and faced bribery charges in a dealership kickback scandal (he pleaded guilty to lesser charges and was later pardoned by President Clinton).
If you got your info from Wikia, then swing and a miss. That stuff can be edited just like the regular Wiki stuff can be. It cannot be believed as gospel.

In other news, Whoops of the Week has to go to Robby Gordon:R Gordon docked 50 points for failed inspection - NASCAR - Yahoo! Sports

Quote:
Knowing rain was coming, Gordon didn’t pit with the leaders under caution and moved into third. The race was stopped five laps later because of rain.

Had Gordon not finished third, his car would not have been inspected.
WHOOPS, should have remembered that illegal rear end before you decided to stay out to get a Top 3.:rofl:
Old 05-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Exclamation

Yo Mr. Ford.....

My trucking M.D. degree not withstanding. Is benadryl considered a recreational drug? I thought that it was just used for allergies and as a sleep aid. I'm not sure.

I'm still sticking to the Bob Marley/Half-Baked 'Billy Bob Thornton' theory of a Cheech & Chong style night on the town. That stuff stays in your system for quite a while.

The entire situation is bound to come to a head soon..........

Your thoughts Mr. Ford?

Old 05-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Board Icon

I guess it could be a recreational drug when abused, not sure why someone would use it that way though. It just makes me sleepy as heck if I take 2. The bad for me, it will sometimes leave me with a headache if I have to take more than 1 dose a day. You can take a dose every 4-6 hours per the label but I usually only need 1 unless it's real bad.

So Jr has a new crew chief, what's the over/under on how long before the fans start calling for McGrew's head once he takes over at Pocono? I say by the Chase cutoff at Richmond Jr Nation will be wanting him out as crew chief if the results don't improve much.

IMO, wrong person to put in there. They should have found a way to get Eury Sr to come out of semi retirement and set Earnhardt straight. I wouldn't be surprised to see MWR find a way to swipe Eury Jr away from Hendrick. Mikey really liked him as a crew chief and would love to have him back as his crew chief. The reason Mikey ran so well while Jr didn't, as I said before, Eury didn't have the gonads to tell Jr to shut his pie hole. He kept letting Jr make the calls on what to change on the car. Eury used to be a car chief which means, he knows these cars inside and out. He knows what needs to be changed but Jr continued to call audible's and those audible's never worked. When he actually listens to Eury and lets Eury make the right changes, he runs fairly well.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:33 AM
Senior Board Member

It is now like it should've been from the start, a HMS guy calling the shots with HMS equipment. There are too many refrences to Tony Jr going off in his own direction and not working within the HMS mold.

The reason Michael ran well with Tony Jr is partly because they took all of the #8 cars.