User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Having listened to the Junior's over the years on the radio, I don't see it being on the pitbox. Eury Jr. is very smart but that driver in the car continues to be a pr!ck when it comes to changes. He refuses to attempt to adjust his driving style to fit what the car is doing. If it isn't perfect he can't drive it. Eury calls for a change, Junior aborts his call a lot of times and calls his own number on the adjustments but Eury catches holy heck from the fans over it........Eury had the car setup for the night time but Junior wanted the car to be tighter in the daytime, said it was too loose. Eury told him to chillout and let it come to him. What happened when the sun went down, that car came alive. Unfortunately they got out of sequence trying to gain track position and it hurt them down the stretch by being a few laps short on fuel. Would have been a better finish had they not been wrecked with 12 to go.

Race itself was a typical Phoenix race, very little action with the field getting spread out and a lot of cars struggling. You run the track like a road course and last night it raced like a road course race. You want good racing, go to a race at Martinsville, every lap they are beating on one another.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:28 AM
Board Regular

Great race!Actually had the chance of being at THE RACE!!!:lol::lol:.This is the seconde race that i have been here at phoenix.And always with free tickets from my national guard unit!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Old 04-21-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Having listened to the Junior's over the years on the radio, I don't see it being on the pitbox. Eury Jr. is very smart but that driver in the car continues to be a pr!ck when it comes to changes. He refuses to attempt to adjust his driving style to fit what the car is doing. If it isn't perfect he can't drive it. Eury calls for a change, Junior aborts his call a lot of times and calls his own number on the adjustments but Eury catches holy heck from the fans over it........Eury had the car setup for the night time but Junior wanted the car to be tighter in the daytime, said it was too loose. Eury told him to chillout and let it come to him. What happened when the sun went down, that car came alive. Unfortunately they got out of sequence trying to gain track position and it hurt them down the stretch by being a few laps short on fuel. Would have been a better finish had they not been wrecked with 12 to go.

Race itself was a typical Phoenix race, very little action with the field getting spread out and a lot of cars struggling. You run the track like a road course and last night it raced like a road course race. You want good racing, go to a race at Martinsville, every lap they are beating on one another.
Agree with ya 100% on the Jr/Jr...kinda feel sorry to Tony. About Martinsville...wife and I have gone to the Oct race for the last 5 years...same seats every year and it is a great race. !st year made the mistake of sitting too close to the track and couldn't see over the infield/haulers. Can't wait til october.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00m View Post
Great race!Actually had the chance of being at THE RACE!!!:lol::lol:.This is the seconde race that i have been here at phoenix.And always with free tickets from my national guard unit!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Cool !! It was the Army that started my interest in NASCAR. 1973 I got free tickets from the Army to go to the Southern 500 in Darlington...been hooked ever since.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:24 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post

Well thats not exactly the way things went down during the race. The car was too tight on the first few runs and if events unfold like they usually do in a night race the track would have gotten tighter as it got darker/cooler. They made adjustments to loosen it up and made it too loose. When they happenned to get lucky by making wholesale changes on one of the stops is when the car ran much better still was only a 12th place car at best though, which is typical of this season. When they got off sequence the car was still pretty loose but they had clean air and it ran it's fastest laps of the night, though still a full mph slower than the other top cars of the night.

Now this is why I think a change is needed at crew chief position, when they got out front and JR said his car was getting more loose the farther they went in the run he specifically asked Tony not to make any changes. Why he did that I have my own reasons why I think that, but it was the wrong call on JR's part and on the last run he was wrecking loose from the beginning and got worse from there. Dale JR needs someone that will call the shots and not take his BS. Pops had his respect and though he sometimes questioned his changes he never called off his changes like he does with Tony Jr.

I think it would be very difficult to work with a crew chief that is a peer of yours, you get into too much questioning of each others calls and Tony Jr hardly ever wins the bickering contest with Dale Jr. I have listened to Dale Jr's radio for every race of his career basically and he has always been testy on the radio(a chip off the old block I might add) but most of it is in frustration and I think he needs a strong older veterean type on the box to knock out his overriding what changes should be made to the car. I would love to hear him try that BS with Chad,Zippy or even a Bob Osbourne type.

Jr's my driver and I will stick up for him to the end, but I am not blind enough to think that he doesn't deserve some of the blame in this mess, but I think that a parting of the JR's is the first place to start.

Old 04-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post
Another embarassing run by the 88 team! Missing the chase in a Hendrick car is unacceptable and would hope that changes are forthcoming on the pit box.
Actually, get rid of both Jr's and get a good driver and Crew Chief. I

know Dale is the souvenir champ year after year, and can get good sponsor $$, but he can't drive his way out of a wet paper bag. I bet Hendrick kicks himself in the ***** daily for getting rid of Kyle. :lol:
Old 04-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Board Regular

Oh, great A $ $ is edited. And to think, Vassgo makes fun of Tnet for being over moderated.:clap:
Old 04-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part Time Dweller View Post
Actually, get rid of both Jr's and get a good driver and Crew Chief. I

know Dale is the souvenir champ year after year, and can get good sponsor $$, but he can't drive his way out of a wet paper bag. I bet Hendrick kicks himself in the ***** daily for getting rid of Kyle. :lol:
How many drivers have won more races than Dale Jr. since he has been in CUP?

I'll answer for you, 4. Gordon,Stewart,Johnson and Kurt Busch.

sorry....hater

Old 04-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

sorry....hater
I love race car smack talk. The super bowl could be on and the lounge is either watching a race or the sci fi channel.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

sorry....hater
How many wins in the last 5 years?? Ummmm 3??

Good website for Jr Fans Over88ted.com - Dale Earnhardt Jr - Nascar's most overrated driver