User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2017, 09:24 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ELD's

So how we doing on those now?

I'm disappointed, I got to learn a new system sometime in the next year. Schneider got a 1 year exemption due to being on some ABORD? It's not a true ELD that is being mandated everyone have, it's a hybrid version. So we will all be getting tablets installed that meet the new regs. Problem is, testing over the summer showed big time flaws. Many of the guinea pigs were getting Critical Event warnings attributed to them while in the sleeper, asleep with the truck turned off. One guy got 57 Rollover events in 2 hours. Another got a handful of Following Too Close events, 20 some Rollover events and 30 some Hard Brakes after he had parked the truck and gone home for the day.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
So how we doing on those now?

I'm disappointed, I got to learn a new system sometime in the next year. Schneider got a 1 year exemption due to being on some ABORD? It's not a true ELD that is being mandated everyone have, it's a hybrid version. So we will all be getting tablets installed that meet the new regs. Problem is, testing over the summer showed big time flaws. Many of the guinea pigs were getting Critical Event warnings attributed to them while in the sleeper, asleep with the truck turned off. One guy got 57 Rollover events in 2 hours. Another got a handful of Following Too Close events, 20 some Rollover events and 30 some Hard Brakes after he had parked the truck and gone home for the day.
Them boys need to slow down! Being in the sleeper or at home is NO excuse Really I could see some desk bound asshat saying something along those lines.

I've had a few critical events but they were all on my old truck, nothing at all with the new one not even when I do hit the brakes hard. Go figure? Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining! Another driver I know isn't so lucky, he seems to get a hard braking report almost every time he touches the brakes.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 12-26-2017, 07:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete View Post
Them boys need to slow down! Being in the sleeper or at home is NO excuse Really I could see some desk bound asshat saying something along those lines.

I've had a few critical events but they were all on my old truck, nothing at all with the new one not even when I do hit the brakes hard. Go figure? Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining! Another driver I know isn't so lucky, he seems to get a hard braking report almost every time he touches the brakes.
Critical events are going to happen.. but its a matter of how many, which type they are and how often. The critical event recorders do give a means of training some drivers out of bad habits or to even separate some drivers who no matter how they are trained, will not change their behaviors.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:29 AM
Senior Board Member

My truck has been parked since the 1st of December and will stay parked until this nonsense implodes.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt View Post
My truck has been parked since the 1st of December and will stay parked until this nonsense implodes.
The industry will not care...
Old 12-31-2017, 03:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
The industry will not care...
You are right because there are too many sheep that need somebody watching them and telling them what to do.

I don't need someone watching me and telling me how to run my business. I have did just fine without a ELD. No accidents or tickets and a perfect CSA score.
Old 12-31-2017, 04:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
You are right because there are too many sheep that need somebody watching them and telling them what to do.
The sheep are the people who for years have done "whatever it took" to get some meaningless cr@p to someone's dock at some meaningless time no matter what they had to do. The industry has been banking off these retards for decades. The ELDs at least end all that. The more companies and drivers who get out means only better things in the future for the industry.

Quote:
I don't need someone watching me and telling me how to run my business.
That's what all crooked businessmen say. When they get caught, then they become victims.

Quote:
I have did just fine without a ELD. No accidents or tickets and a perfect CSA score.
I'm sure you have.. *smirk
Old 12-31-2017, 05:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Now I am a retard and a crook because I can run a profitable business and take off however long I want?

Yeah more steering wheel holders thinking they are in the INDY 500 on the roads......Great industry we will have with these ELD's. I bet you can't wait for the speed limiters and driver facing cameras to become law. Then you can Baaaah Baaaah to the camera all day and impress your safety dept.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
Critical events are going to happen.. but its a matter of how many, which type they are and how often. The critical event recorders do give a means of training some drivers out of bad habits or to even separate some drivers who no matter how they are trained, will not change their behaviors.
Mega Carriers critical events starts when they put it in gear and ends when the set the brakes (if they remember to)
Old 12-31-2017, 06:11 AM
Senior Board Member

If I wanted to be a crook and run illegal I would just go buy a "Jail broke" Peoplenet ELD for $1,000. They are completely editable with no history of the edits.