User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2017, 02:12 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
The sheep are the people who for years have done "whatever it took" to get some meaningless cr@p to someone's dock at some meaningless time no matter what they had to do. The industry has been banking off these retards for decades. The ELDs at least end all that. The more companies and drivers who get out means only better things in the future for the industry.
Don't forget that 80% of the trucks on the road are from companies with less than 20 trucks. Where are the Mega Carriers going to get their slave labor to pick up the slack when everyone decides they have had enough with the over regulation?

Have you looked at the store shelves lately? The Mega's aren't keeping up and it has only been 2 weeks.

My phone has been ringing off the hook everyday with calls from JB Hunt, Swift, etc wanting me to haul their crap. I enjoy laughing at them and telling them NO.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt View Post
If I wanted to be a crook and run illegal I would just go buy a "Jail broke" Peoplenet ELD for $1,000. They are completely editable with no history of the edits.
I'm sure you heard about that on the internet? LOL...
Old 12-31-2017, 06:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I'm sure you heard about that on the internet? LOL...
Friend of mine bought 10 of them for his trucks and they work as advertised.

The ELD is nothing but a money grab, they have nothing to do with safety. If they were about safety why does Werner still have the worst safety record on the road.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Friend of mine bought 10 of them for his trucks and they work as advertised.
Suuuure they do...

Quote:
The ELD is nothing but a money grab, they have nothing to do with safety.
No, they have to do with compliance with brings about safer drivers even though there are far too many dumb drivers who have no idea how.

Quote:
If they were about safety why does Werner still have the worst safety record on the road.
They don't... but they are a horribly run company. Could you imagine if they were running paper? LOL!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2018, 01:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Suuuure they do...

No, they have to do with compliance with brings about safer drivers even though there are far too many dumb drivers who have no idea how.
The 5 worst companies when it comes to safety have been on ELD's for years so your comment that compliance brings safe drivers is not valid.

They don't... but they are a horribly run company. Could you imagine if they were running paper? LOL!!!!!!
why do you think Werner went to a AOBR? They were going to be shut down because of their safety record. They still have the worst safety record with their AOBR.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Safety comes from training, common sense, experience and you can't get it in a box sitting on the dashboard.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
why do you think Werner went to a AOBR? They were going to be shut down because of their safety record. They still have the worst safety record with their AOBR.
Got anything other than rumors for this? Of course not. Werner is a trash company.. Werner has not always been a trash company.. Now they are as bad as any other carrier, Just as bad as the rest of the industry is.. Not sure why you care since you "quit". Have fun with that.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Safety comes from training, common sense, experience and you can't get it in a box sitting on the dashboard.
No one trains anymore.. Common sense is not on display anywhere in this industry. It surely isn't anywhere on display as it relates to truckers, trucks and their skill levels as of late. Experience is relative. I have trained and evaluated a lot of drivers who state how experienced they are..Most are sloppy, cut corners and lack any form of discipline when they drive, they do not take constructive criticism and even broaching the subject makes them throw some pretty wild tantrums. I have seen newbies with better skills, common sense than a lot of drivers claiming experience..experience as in time means nothing to me.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Got anything other than rumors for this? Of course not. Werner is a trash company.. Werner has not always been a trash company.. Now they are as bad as any other carrier, Just as bad as the rest of the industry is.. Not sure why you care since you "quit". Have fun with that.
I never said I QUIT. I will never put a ELD in my truck. I will be buying a exempt 98 Kenworth soon. Just took a little time off to support the anti ELD group.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:46 AM
Senior Board Member

I have been working with a anti ELD group for over a year and have all kinds of data. What would you like to see?

If they were looking for safety the CDL Mills at the Mega Carriers should be shut down. There is no money in that so they go where there is big money to be made with the ELD. Monthly user fees total 1.8 billion a year and that does not include the price of the units. If you dig a little bit you can find out who invested in the ELD Companies and the picture becomes real clear.

The ATA and Mega Carriers contributed large amounts of money to Rep Bill Shuster the Head of The Transportation Committee. It was done through Pacs where the money goes straight to the person and not their campaign. Brian Babin Hr-3282 never made it off Shuster's desk when it got 69 co sponsors. Hmmmmm You can find all the data at opensecrets.com I am sure you already knew that though because you seem to know everything. You ever thought about working for the Government? You would fit right in. LOL