User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2018, 12:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt View Post
I never said I QUIT. I will never put a ELD in my truck. I will be buying a exempt 98 Kenworth soon. Just took a little time off to support the anti ELD group.
I remember when it was all the rage to be concerned about the dangers of old mexican trucks banging down the highways of Merica.. LOL.. So non-conformists who cheat logs to make money running around the country in 20 year old garbage! LOL!!! This gets funnier all the time.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
I remember when it was all the rage to be concerned about the dangers of old mexican trucks banging down the highways of Merica.. LOL.. So non-conformists who cheat logs to make money running around the country in 20 year old garbage! LOL!!! This gets funnier all the time.
It has nothing to do with cheating logs. Less than 2% of tickets written by the DOT are for falsified logs. It has to do with my property and my right to what is put in it.

If the Government was so worried about safety there were 10,600 alcohol related traffic deaths last year. Let's put a alcohol blow machine in every car on the road and the owner pays to put it in and pays a monthly fee to have it. I am sure every car owner couldn't wait to be the first to install one.

BTW I could probably do what I do in a week in reverse and still have hours left at the end of the week. I ran 57,000 miles last year and rarely drive over 6hrs a day.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
It has nothing to do with cheating logs. Less than 2% of tickets written by the DOT are for falsified logs. It has to do with my property and my right to what is put in it.
Where do you operate said property? The issue is that the product that you haul isn't yours, the roads to transport other people's goods on are also not owned by you. You want the right to control your property? Don't take it off of your actual property.

Quote:
If the Government was so worried about safety there were 10,600 alcohol related traffic deaths last year. Let's put a alcohol blow machine in every car on the road and the owner pays to put it in and pays a monthly fee to have it. I am sure every car owner couldn't wait to be the first to install one.
See, that's the problem with most every discussion with drivers.. they have to fly off into "laa laa" land and compare apples to cheeseburgers...

Quote:
BTW I could probably do what I do in a week in reverse and still have hours left at the end of the week. I ran 57,000 miles last year and rarely drive over 6hrs a day.
Well goody goody? The issue is falsification. institutional falsification. Remember all of those good jobs with the good carriers? Yeah, they're gone and they aren't coming back. The deregulation and the throat cutters killed them off. No one can compete with people that will work for free. No matter what industry. The good carriers are gone, the idiot drivers helped the carriers shuck down the pay to basically only mileage (pennies per mile) and falsified themselves into the situation that the industry "enjoys" now. I'm eager to see the autonomous trucks hurry into the industry.. maybe they won't drive as bad as the current "professionals" that are on the roads now.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:34 PM
Senior Board Member

04-09-18

#TruckersHadEnough
Old 01-12-2018, 06:25 PM
MSarrow
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Thanks for your discussion on the ELD mandate.

We at Class A Drivers posted an article with a link to this forum thread in our news section HERE.

We will be following up with an article that features the opinions of truck drivers. If you'd like to be quoted in the article and share your opinion, you can email me at michael(dot)sarrow(at)internetbrands(dot)com.

Please share with other drivers.

Last edited by MSarrow; 01-12-2018 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
04-09-18

#TruckersHadEnough
Oh Boy! Here comes the semi-annual trucker strike thread! LOL
Old 01-13-2018, 12:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Sorry to disappoint you but no strike.

#TruckersHadEnough

Last edited by Scottt; 01-13-2018 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:42 PM
Rookie

Does anyone have any information on apollo https://eld.gurtam.com/? My company is looking for an ELD solutions and I would like to hear what everyone here is using.

At the moment we choose between keeptrucking and apollo. But our company is quite small and keeptrucking offers really high prices.
On the other hand apollo seems to be not so popular among vehicle companies.
Please, share your experience