User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

thanks, that makes it much easier to ignore them (quote)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fine! Then using your very OWN logic since you think our laws and regulations don't apply to YOU, then it is OK for me to come in your house---even if I break a window to do it-------take your TV, steal the food out of your fridge, "borrow" your car, damage your house (the window), even steal your identity. OOOHHHHHHHHHH! Now WAIT a minute! That's different, right? Suddenly the law is supposed to work for YOU, but it only applies to you when something wrong is being done to YOU! You are a HYPOCRITE of the highest order! You want the law to work FOR you, and against those whom your outlaw interference and disobedience may cause difficulty when it comes to radio. You want to STEAL radio resources FROM others, ignore any rules designed to protect others beside yourself. You think that because a radio wave is invisible, is not something you can grab onto, or has a "physical: presence, that, "Waal, ah ain't a-hurtin' nuttin by a-tawkin' on them thar extree channels an' ah cain't he'p it that t'ar other feller is a 'mud duck' thar. So let's just add more f'ar in th' w'ar thar, blow mo' smoke and lock down the channels from 1 thru 40 and then some!"

It is why Part 95, US Code was created; it was to regulate and restrict CB Radio so that the most people could make use of it with a minimum of interference. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Some of us were "spay-shul thar", an' we have these h'yar spay-shul rah'ts that don't apply to nobuddy but US thar cuz we-uns got mo rah't to tawk on th' reddio thar than them other fellers thar." And how DARE anybody mock the sacred cow called CB radio when it's outlaw minions cause more interference in toto than ALL the rest of the radio services in existence today! Well, THERE'S your answer as to WHY, particularly the licensed amateurs, mock the hell out of CB and CBers. It is the "AH'M SPAY-SHUL" attitude, the flaunting of the rules, the outright disrepect for order and the rights of others, the disobedience to legitimate authority, and I want the law to protect ME, but the HELL with anybody else!

Respect is EARNED, and it is earned when people RETURN respect for the rights and privileges (and radio is a privilege, not a "right', that can be taken away) of other people. The attitude and the stereotype of the trucker and the outlaw CBer is typical, and has been EARNED and imprinted in the public mind. It doesn't do the trucking industry any good, either, AND the mocking and derision often done by the licensed amateur radio community is, furthermore, DESERVED because of that
I-WILL-IGNORE-ANY-LAWS-RESTRICTING-MY-BEHAVIOR, and I-AM-BIGGER-BADDER-AND BETTER-THAN-ANY-REDDIO-OPERATOR-ANYWH'IRS"! Therefore when you hear someone putting down CBers and truck drivers with stereotypical remarks about trailer trash CBers driving a beat up old 'Pony-ack' with twin whups, try to think: WHY does he THINK that? When you hear a ham making fun of your "SWR-ssssssss
" (SWR is NOT plural--it is a singular condition), think about the REAL reason WHY he is smirking at you! When you have asked a question about your "cophased" antennas on your little Toyota 4-wheeler, and the ham SNICKERS at you, wonder WHY instead of figuring he's just a stuck-up ham that thinks he's 'better' than you! Nope, it isn't about "class" or "better", IT IS BECAUSE OF THIS HOPELESS, OUTLAW ATTITUDE THAT SEEMS TO COME WITH THE CB RADIO "CULTURE". Many CBers do NOT engage in this, but enough DO have this, "I'm gonna ignore the law because I'm a CB rambo", that many CB ops get this treatment from the ham public. It was that ham that, perhaps, got REALLY angry when he heard a truck driver, complete with redneck lingo and CB phraseology, ON 10 Meters, and he's out for blood. He becomes willing to travel the interstate just WAITING for that so-n-so he heard on HIS favorite 10M frequency. To HIM, it is the SAME as the criminal that broke into YOUR house and stole your TV; it's the SAME as if it was HIS TV being stolen.
In fact, in the eyes of the law, it IS the same!!!!

RR
Old 03-29-2008, 07:55 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fine! Then using your very OWN logic since you think our laws and regulations don't apply to YOU, then it is OK for me to come in your house---even if I break a window to do it-------take your TV, steal the food out of your fridge, "borrow" your car, damage your house (the window), even steal your identity. OOOHHHHHHHHHH! Now WAIT a minute! That's different, right? Suddenly the law is supposed to work for YOU, but it only applies to you when something wrong is being done to YOU! You are a HYPOCRITE of the highest order! You want the law to work FOR you, and against those whom your outlaw interference and disobedience may cause difficulty when it comes to radio. You want to STEAL radio resources FROM others, ignore any rules designed to protect others beside yourself. You think that because a radio wave is invisible, is not something you can grab onto, or has a "physical: presence, that, "Waal, ah ain't a-hurtin' nuttin by a-tawkin' on them thar extree channels an' ah cain't he'p it that t'ar other feller is a 'mud duck' thar. So let's just add more f'ar in th' w'ar thar, blow mo' smoke and lock down the channels from 1 thru 40 and then some!"

It is why Part 95, US Code was created; it was to regulate and restrict CB Radio so that the most people could make use of it with a minimum of interference. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Some of us were "spay-shul thar", an' we have these h'yar spay-shul rah'ts that don't apply to nobuddy but US thar cuz we-uns got mo rah't to tawk on th' reddio thar than them other fellers thar." And how DARE anybody mock the sacred cow called CB radio when it's outlaw minions cause more interference in toto than ALL the rest of the radio services in existence today! Well, THERE'S your answer as to WHY, particularly the licensed amateurs, mock the hell out of CB and CBers. It is the "AH'M SPAY-SHUL" attitude, the flaunting of the rules, the outright disrepect for order and the rights of others, the disobedience to legitimate authority, and I want the law to protect ME, but the HELL with anybody else!

Respect is EARNED, and it is earned when people RETURN respect for the rights and privileges (and radio is a privilege, not a "right', that can be taken away) of other people. The attitude and the stereotype of the trucker and the outlaw CBer is typical, and has been EARNED and imprinted in the public mind. It doesn't do the trucking industry any good, either, AND the mocking and derision often done by the licensed amateur radio community is, furthermore, DESERVED because of that
I-WILL-IGNORE-ANY-LAWS-RESTRICTING-MY-BEHAVIOR, and I-AM-BIGGER-BADDER-AND BETTER-THAN-ANY-REDDIO-OPERATOR-ANYWH'IRS"! Therefore when you hear someone putting down CBers and truck drivers with stereotypical remarks about trailer trash CBers driving a beat up old 'Pony-ack' with twin whups, try to think: WHY does he THINK that? When you hear a ham making fun of your "SWR-ssssssss
" (SWR is NOT plural--it is a singular condition), think about the REAL reason WHY he is smirking at you! When you have asked a question about your "cophased" antennas on your little Toyota 4-wheeler, and the ham SNICKERS at you, wonder WHY instead of figuring he's just a stuck-up ham that thinks he's 'better' than you! Nope, it isn't about "class" or "better", IT IS BECAUSE OF THIS HOPELESS, OUTLAW ATTITUDE THAT SEEMS TO COME WITH THE CB RADIO "CULTURE". Many CBers do NOT engage in this, but enough DO have this, "I'm gonna ignore the law because I'm a CB rambo", that many CB ops get this treatment from the ham public. It was that ham that, perhaps, got REALLY angry when he heard a truck driver, complete with redneck lingo and CB phraseology, ON 10 Meters, and he's out for blood. He becomes willing to travel the interstate just WAITING for that so-n-so he heard on HIS favorite 10M frequency. To HIM, it is the SAME as the criminal that broke into YOUR house and stole your TV; it's the SAME as if it was HIS TV being stolen.

RR
Old 03-29-2008, 07:57 PM

RR
Old 03-29-2008, 08:08 PM

RR
Old 03-29-2008, 08:14 PM

Dupe post
Old 03-29-2008, 08:47 PM

Dupe post
Old 03-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioRay

RR
you are right, those crimes are all exactly the same!! they all do the same amount of damage to the victims and are all the same in the eyes of the law. that's why they all have the same punishment, because they are all the same.. if you are thinking of talking on a 10 meter without a license, you might as well rape a few people and murder one or two and while you are at it, rob their house, after all, it's the same thing, a common criminal is a common criminal..
Old 03-30-2008, 01:14 AM

you are right, those crimes are all exactly the same!! they all do the same amount of damage to the victims and are all the same in the eyes of the law. that's why they all have the same punishment, because they are all the same.. if you are thinking of talking on a 10 meter without a license, you might as well rape a few people and murder one or two and while you are at it, rob their house, after all, it's the same thing, a common criminal is a common criminal (quote)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are, indeed, varying degrees of punishment, varying degrees of culpability. Yet, when it comes down to it, YOU did say it: "A common criminal is a common criminal". If a thief breaks into your house, he IS a criminal. If he yaps his trap on licensed frequencies without said license, he is STILL a criminal, degree of criminality notwithstanding. The thief is taking something from the victim, a tangible object thereby depriving the victim of the use, enjoyment AND utility of that object.. The thief that filches radio spectrum from legitimate, duly authorized stations is STILL, in essense, a THIEF because he is depriving the rightful user of that which he EARNED, that which he would otherwise be able to utilize if it weren't for the scu----er, uh criminal--I mean THIEF-----. It is curious that it is the CB "service" (more like a DIS-service) that is the ONLY radio group in which an almost-majority of the users think that breaking the law is a virtue. That in itself speaks volumes about the calibre, class, and character of the users or the lack thereof. It hasn't always been this way. :sad:

RR
Old 03-30-2008, 03:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
you are right, those crimes are all exactly the same!! they all do the same amount of damage to the victims and are all the same in the eyes of the law. that's why they all have the same punishment, because they are all the same.. if you are thinking of talking on a 10 meter without a license, you might as well rape a few people and murder one or two and while you are at it, rob their house, after all, it's the same thing, a common criminal is a common criminal (quote)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are, indeed, varying degrees of punishment, varying degrees of culpability. Yet, when it comes down to it, YOU did say it: "A common criminal is a common criminal". If a thief breaks into your house, he IS a criminal. If he yaps his trap on licensed frequencies without said license, he is STILL a criminal, degree of criminality notwithstanding. The thief is taking something from the victim, a tangible object thereby depriving the victim of the use, enjoyment AND utility of that object.. The thief that filches radio spectrum from legitimate, duly authorized stations is STILL, in essense, a THIEF because he is depriving the rightful user of that which he EARNED, that which he would otherwise be able to utilize if it weren't for the scu----er, uh criminal--I mean THIEF-----. It is curious that it is the CB "service" (more like a DIS-service) that is the ONLY radio group in which an almost-majority of the users think that breaking the law is a virtue. That in itself speaks volumes about the calibre, class, and character of the users or the lack thereof. It hasn't always been this way. :sad:

RR
that's exactly right, if someone illegally yaks on the 10 meter band, that deprives you of using it, because as we all know, only one person can talk on it at a time, the penalty for this should be severe maybe even life in prison along with the other scu---- er criminals...
Old 03-30-2008, 04:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

RR

hey buddy, got a license??