User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Digit Bob View Post
I have a flying J buffet coupon for anyone that finds me a load paying 2.00 a mile from TX to the northwest.
I have a load sitting right in front of me for a 53 foot van going from Pharr, TX to Delta, BC. Weighs 12,892 lbs, and pays $2.23 per mile. Loads yesterday, delivers Tuesday. Since you didn't specify trailer type, country, or physical possibility of loading and delivering on time, this load should be sufficient to collect the prize.

Since I don't frequent the Flying J, and have no desire to eat there, you can donate my buffet coupon to the "Steve Booth Charity Fund".
Old 11-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I don't think you will have many takers on that offer, Bob. A friend of mine has a regular run to the Northwest with some decent paying freight coming out. The problem he is having is finding something that is worthwhile to get him out to his run. He has been offered rates as low as $1/mile going West. issedoff:
Old 11-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
There is a lack of moderation at the present time which will be fixed (hopefully) shortly. I can't, however, see anything wrong with what has transpired in this thread. If you're willing to post your pay stubs, or are willing to discuss what you earn, then you have to expect that people are going to take issue with it - especially if what you are claiming falls beyond the "norm". That has nothing to do with a lack of moderation, however.

Personally, I think it is perfectly legitimate that people are calling you out on your numbers that you are posting. Not only does your pay stub not indicate how long the pay period is for, but it also does not state how many miles were driven to achieve that total.

I have tried hard to moderate myself. There have been a couple recent incidents where I was not successful. I am unrepentant.

Right now I am feeling very bloated. Can't quite get that feeling to go away.

Anybody go some Bean-O they could loan me??
Old 11-24-2008, 01:56 AM
floored
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
When the freight I haul picks up (and it certainly will), I'll be buying myself a good used dry van with cash. I've been eagerly watching the prices on trailers dropping.
I just picked up a sweet all alum fancy smanchy Great Dane for a give-a-way price, deals are a flowin
Old 11-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Board Regular

Interesting figures on capacity.

http://www.capitalpress.info/main.as...23&TM=76816.63
Old 11-24-2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Don't know how you guys at Dana are doing Mike...but the terminal I am out of for Miller...We had a 60 load campaign cancel friday afternoon. Instead of our guys making some decent change through the end of the month, Memphis terminal is getting to do it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike3fan
It's pretty tough over here,almost everytime you deliver it is until atleast the next day before you get a load,and I have waited 2 days. I am delivering around Albany,NY on Wed. this week so I am resigned to the fact that I will spend my first Thanksgiving on the road and probably without getting anything out of upstate NY or MA. I could deadhead home and that is a possibility but it really doesn't make much sense in these times.

Things have almost come to a screaching halt. I delivered/dropped a load in Brownsville last Friday and loaded out of Channelview on Tuesday for a Thursday delivery in Conyers. I then deadheaded to Charleston, SC for a load (loaded Saturday) to Akron, OH. My guess is, I will deadhead back to Nitro and my week is done.

While sitting in LaPorte, I did manage to go recover an oil trailer in Fort Stockton, TX.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:55 AM
Senior Board Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by floored View Post
I just picked up a sweet all alum fancy smanchy Great Dane for a give-a-way price, deals are a flowin
And what are ya gonna do with that there Great Dane?
Old 11-24-2008, 04:21 AM

Quote:
I have a load sitting right in front of me for a 53 foot van going from Pharr, TX to Delta, BC. Weighs 12,892 lbs, and pays $2.23 per mile. Loads yesterday, delivers Tuesday. Since you didn't specify trailer type, country, or physical possibility of loading and delivering on time, this load should be sufficient to collect the prize.

Since I don't frequent the Flying J, and have no desire to eat there, you can donate my buffet coupon to the "Steve Booth Charity Fund".

It is for a reefer but I can also load a dry load depending on what type of load it is. I went ahead and donated the coupon to Steve's charity fund and last I checked he was at the flying J in south Dallas trying to sell it for 5.00. :lol: How about a Petro buffet coupon?:lol:
Old 11-24-2008, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I don't think you will have many takers on that offer, Bob. A friend of mine has a regular run to the Northwest with some decent paying freight coming out. The problem he is having is finding something that is worthwhile to get him out to his run. He has been offered rates as low as $1/mile going West. issedoff:

I can feel your friend's pain,Mike. I booked one load that payed 1.93 a mile that was 280 miles away going to UT that got canceled. Another one from Fort Worth to OR. that payed 1.70 a mile also canceled.Now everything that is left going in that direction is paying 1.00 a mile or less or is nonexistant.Even Ltls are practically nonexistant. Maybe some brokers will get desperate just before Thanksgiving and cough up a decent rate but that is still in the air at this point. Your friend might get a decent rate if he wants to run over the holiday.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt View Post
Yeah and it is even better now too because the rates haven't fallen off too much. Still grossing $5800-6300 a week. My settlements have went up $500-700 a week.

Not making anything now while my truck gets $8300 worth of repairs from the big buck that decided to commit suicide on I35.

Did you figure that 8300.00 and the other 2k something dollars into these 5800.00 weeks?