User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I think mandolin is talking more about resale prices, and he's right. Classics and aeros now depreciate about the same rate.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Location: Los Angeles - Austin - Houston - Dallas - San Antonio - Laredo

Quote:
I think mandolin is talking more about resale prices, and he's right. Classics and aeros now depreciate about the same rate.
Yes sir!

Quote:
Looks like fuel might be starting a downward trend along with the rest of the commodities so we'll see.
No sir!

The ADDED demand for fuel from China is neutralizing any surplus or diminished demands from us (though I doubt we're using less fuel because of the escalating fuel prices).

The federal government ANNOUNCED (about three months ago) that ALL oil company SUBSIDIES would gradually be removed within a ten year period.

Guess what? THEN we'll B paying WORLD fuel prices! Do U know the price for fuel in England, Japan? --hold on 2 UR socks 'cause U ain't seen 'noting YET!

Obviously there's lower price SPIKES! Now figure the HIGH spikes AFTER a lower one......prices keep GRADUALLY heading NORTH!

There's TOO MANY trucks 4 too FEW loads that's why rates are what they are.

God Bless all!
Old 03-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandilon
Quote:
Yes sir!

Quote:
Looks like fuel might be starting a downward trend along with the rest of the commodities so we'll see.
No sir!

The ADDED demand for fuel from China is neutralizing any surplus or diminished demands from us (though I doubt we're using less fuel because of the escalating fuel prices).

The federal government ANNOUNCED (about three months ago) that ALL oil company SUBSIDIES would gradually be removed within a ten year period.

Guess what? THEN we'll B paying WORLD fuel prices! Do U know the price for fuel in England, Japan? --hold on 2 UR socks 'cause U ain't seen 'noting YET!

Obviously there's lower price SPIKES! Now figure the HIGH spikes AFTER a lower one......prices keep GRADUALLY heading NORTH!

There's TOO MANY trucks 4 too FEW loads that's why rates are what they are.

God Bless all!
I disagree with pretty much all that but we'll see. China's economy is showing signs of slipping. We consume 25 percent of oil, China cannot magically use our surplus, if that were the case our inventories wouldn't be rising. Remember no economy booms forever. The recent spike in fuel was from speculation. Now you're seeing a de-leveraging in the commodities. Look at gold for instance, it was over a thousand dollars, now in two or three days we're at 920. Was there a shortage of gold? no. Like I said we'll see.

I do agree with too many trucks too little freight.

Here read this.

I'm going to put a few of the paragraphs below.

Quote:
`Commodities were a bubble'' that is now bursting, Kaplan said. ``Prices will go lower than you can believe.''
What?? that can't be with all the "hoods" still driving around. :lol: (I'm sorry I couldn't resist Mandilon)

Quote:
``Global-recession fears are causing selling pressure in all commodities,'' said James Mound, head analyst for MoundReport.com, a commodities newsletter, in Palm Coast, Florida. ``The markets are focusing on want-based items instead of need-based items.''
Global Recession Fears...........that means China as well.

Read the article though it's pretty interesting.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:12 PM

THX RostyC 4 the link, good info.

Quote:
Now you're seeing a de-leveraging in the commodities. Look at gold for instance, it was over a thousand dollars, now in two or three days we're at 920. Was there a shortage of gold? no. Like I said we'll see.
Remember WHEN gold was $3? How much did fuel cost 'then?'

Are they on a similar trend UP 'TIL NOW?

Who wants 2 bet AGAINST me that fuel prices will not follow the SAME trend (upwards) within the next year as it has done for THE LAST year?

And I'll even take a similar bet on gold.

God Bless all truckers!
Old 03-21-2008, 03:19 AM
Rookie

alan i agree with your conservation approach to the fuel price crisis.If the trucking industry and the driving public changed their driving habits to the goal of reducing comsumption, we could easily reduce our nation wide fuel use by 15 to 35%!
Oil would drop like a rock! The oil companies would be taking a bath in red ink for a change instead of the little guy!All it would take is every body on the same page.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Who wants 2 bet AGAINST me that fuel prices will not follow the SAME trend (upwards) within the next year as it has done for THE LAST year?
I will bet that diesel is cheaper in 3-6 months than it is now. For future reference, it's currently $1.185/L at the Napanee Flying Hook.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:06 AM
BANNED

Relax.... Another month or so of high fuel prices will be good for the industry.... It rids us profitable O/O's of the buck a mile so called O/O's.

BBR's and CH 19 morons are strike supporters....

Oh BTW what happened to my post on another subject, it vanished ala TN style.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
THX RostyC 4 the link, good info.

Quote:
Now you're seeing a de-leveraging in the commodities. Look at gold for instance, it was over a thousand dollars, now in two or three days we're at 920. Was there a shortage of gold? no. Like I said we'll see.
Remember WHEN gold was $3? How much did fuel cost 'then?'

Are they on a similar trend UP 'TIL NOW?

And I'll even take a similar bet on gold.

God Bless all truckers!
I wouldn't bet on anything right now, it's just too volatile. However, I would be tempted to take you up on the gold prices over the next year. Look at thisChart.
Now if the bet is 30 years out, then no, I won't take it. :lol:

Notice when the last run up on gold was? right at 1979-80(economic turmoil). Then back to sustainable levels. Also note the recent sharp climb started around 2002. That's when the dollar started it's decent. Now the dollar is trying to start climbing and gold is retreating as well as commodities.

I was trying to find a chart on fuel so we could look at a comparison but I can't find one that goes back that far. I can only find one going back six years.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Relax.... Another month or so of high fuel prices will be good for the industry.... It rids us profitable O/O's of the buck a mile so called O/O's.

BBR's and CH 19 morons are strike supporters....

Oh BTW what happened to my post on another subject, it vanished ala TN style.
I agree it is healthy for the industry and the ones that run a sound business should get through.

Same thing is happening in construction right now, which started this whole mess, housing that is.

Once the economy sh*ts out this massive turd that was created we'll start to see improvement.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
If the trucking industry and the driving public changed their driving habits to the goal of reducing comsumption, we could easily reduce our nation wide fuel use by 15 to 35%!
Oil would drop like a rock! The oil companies would be taking a bath in red ink for a change instead of the little guy!All it would take is every body on the same page.
No, oil will NEVER drop like a rock. OUR expenses WILL.

OPEC (and the rest of the germs, including OUR domestic terrorist-like oil companies) will C-U-T production to HOLD current prices (these terrorist arabs LOVE $100+/barrell figures!).

No, we will NEVER B on 'the same page,' too many of us R 2 dumb to know what we're doing.

It is estimated that if ALL the money in the world were gathered and spread out evenly, the ones who have it now would eventually get it back and the ones that don't have any 'now' would eventually have none.

Basic economics.

God Bless