User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Actually for a strike to work.....need to shut down two days before a long weekend and two days after the long weekend.

Next weekend to do this is Memorial Day weekend....would it make an impact....oh yeah! Heck I'm not sure John Q public could handle the two day prior to the weekend.

As far as the strike weeding out the weak....nope it just makes a point is all.

Will there be a strike .... uh nope can't get two of us together to agree on anything....look at this dang board.

Will I ever quit and become a company driver. Hell no....retire first. Can I make it with the fuel prices where they are at....hell yes, consumer is just going to pay more for food. Have you looked at the price of eggs? How about milk?
Old 03-24-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Quote:
who believe a trucker strike would be beneficial
Who is a trucker's strike going to benefit? Who? Serious question.

The answer is NO ONE.
It will benifit me, casue the week everyone shuts down, I'm gonna charge $8 mile and it WILL get paid no problem, espically if the BIG companies shut down, which they wont cause then they will lose a shit load of business!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 12:24 AM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Looks like fuel might be starting a downward trend along with the rest of the commodities so we'll see.

Dollar right now isnt worth a sh!t, and as long as this trend continues, fuel aint comming down.

trend continued this last week when Fed dropped interest rates again, guess what dropped with them...$$$$$$$....
Old 03-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgordon212
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_worries
Actually, it's not in OPEC's best interest to have $100/barrel oil. The Saudi's, up until the last year or two, had been doing their best to keep oil below $60/barrel. Unfortunately, we've gotten to the point where they are pumping near capacity and no longer have the same control over the market they once did. OPEC's real influence over the oil market is not what it used to be. As far as why it's not in their interest to have $100 oil...THAT'S simple economics; not the nonsense cited earlier :roll:
I agree to a point..... what's the point in having $100+ oil when it means LESS will be sold??

But OPEC and the Oil Companies are not really setting the prices, it's just like the savings and loan deboggle, investors are loosing their a$$ on the market and are looking for a quick and high profit fix to the issue, so they invest in OIL and it raises the prices. Eventually, the bottom will fall out and it will stop.

We WILL NEVER see $1.50-$2.00 gallon fuel again, but $2.50-$3.00 IS feesiable.
You will NEVER see fuel at $3.00 a gallon again. (ANYBODY, want to bet?) Once fuel hits, $4.00 a gal, it will NEVER be less than $3.89 a gallon!! I'll bet ANYTHING you want to bet..
Old 03-26-2008, 01:25 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfox
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgordon212
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_worries
Actually, it's not in OPEC's best interest to have $100/barrel oil. The Saudi's, up until the last year or two, had been doing their best to keep oil below $60/barrel. Unfortunately, we've gotten to the point where they are pumping near capacity and no longer have the same control over the market they once did. OPEC's real influence over the oil market is not what it used to be. As far as why it's not in their interest to have $100 oil...THAT'S simple economics; not the nonsense cited earlier :roll:
I agree to a point..... what's the point in having $100+ oil when it means LESS will be sold??

But OPEC and the Oil Companies are not really setting the prices, it's just like the savings and loan deboggle, investors are loosing their a$$ on the market and are looking for a quick and high profit fix to the issue, so they invest in OIL and it raises the prices. Eventually, the bottom will fall out and it will stop.

We WILL NEVER see $1.50-$2.00 gallon fuel again, but $2.50-$3.00 IS feesiable.
You will NEVER see fuel at $3.00 a gallon again. (ANYBODY, want to bet?) Once fuel hits, $4.00 a gal, it will NEVER be less than $3.89 a gallon!! I'll bet ANYTHING you want to bet..
:roll:
Old 03-26-2008, 01:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Almost every year diesel peaks in May then comes back down until the heating oil season. No reason the think this year will be any different.

I wasn't implying that OPEC didn't want higher oil prices because it would lead to fewer sales. At some level that might happen, but we're nowhere near there, even at $110. Currently, the global appetite is nearly insatiable.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:42 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Current prices have little to do with demand or production but more to do with the futures market and speculators. I have seen diesel prices almost $1/gallon more than gas. Keep in mind that diesel is a byproduct and was once thrown away. There is absolutely NO reason for prices to be so high other than greed and manipulation of the markets.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Speculation is occurring in the oil markets, relatively little occurs in the gasoline or diesel markets. So while it adds a modest increase, the relative prices of the fuels would remain the same. In other words, if gasoline is $3.20 and diesel $4.00 now, if you take out the speculators you might have $3.00 and $3.80. Lower, but still the same relative difference. Diesel is higher now due to dramatic changes in global consumption patterns over the past several years. Also, the seasonal patterns still hold true. Diesel is higher in winter because it's made from the same stock as heating oil. As the temperatures rise and refineries stop producing heating oil, there will be more distillate available for diesel production and prices will come down. Gasoline and Diesel are two completely different products refined from different parts of a barrel of oil. The only commonality they have is the price of that barrel.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:56 AM
Senior Board Member

exactly no worries, you can only get some of each gasoline and diesel from each barrel. The % doesn't change.

Say for example 55% gasoline, and 45% diesel.

If consumption is 50/50, of course the price of gas is going to be less then diesel. Doesn't matter if gasoline is more expensive to produce. There's excess capacity on the gasoline side.