User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Schneider percentage program

Any O/O have any info on the percentage program Schneider now offer. Spoke with a recruiter and now wanting to find out more info thru some O/O. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Board Regular

I'm not leased to Schneider, but I did check out the program. The good thing about it, from my perspective, is that it is all computerized. From what I understand, you go online to their website and select the load, and then the load info comes over the qualcomm. NO PHONE CALLS. It is also available 24 hours.

The downside could possible be, routing yourself into an area where Schneider has limited freight. I suppose you could check the area you are going in to before you go????

I'm not sure they are making a whole lot more on this program, than the mileage program, but you have more freedom, due to more choices.

I think this could be a good compromise between leasing to an agent based carrier ie. Landstar, and just leasing for mileage pay................
as long as there is plenty of freight.

jonboy
Old 01-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Well, if that would be to the whole Schneider available loads, might be not too bad, otherwise, that's just the usual...,. :roll:
Old 01-22-2008, 04:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Im on the percentage program.................what do you wanna know?? i know a lil about other carriers percentage programs and have a good friend of mine leased to landstar and from what i know of his lease its better(for me at least). I have access to the freight base 24/7 via my laptop, NO PHONE CALLS, PLENTY OF GOOD PAYING FREIGHT, i.e im on a load now going 113 miles paying $486, then picking up load going 360miles columbus oh to west dundee il paying $1000, then chicago to greensboro NC $1325. Last week i ran 3251 miles and avg 1.63, deadheaded all week less than 150 miles. Ive done real good since coming back to SNI on this program. anything else you wanna know feel free to ask
Old 01-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel27208
Im on the percentage program.................what do you wanna know?? i know a lil about other carriers percentage programs and have a good friend of mine leased to landstar and from what i know of his lease its better(for me at least). I have access to the freight base 24/7 via my laptop, NO PHONE CALLS, PLENTY OF GOOD PAYING FREIGHT, i.e im on a load now going 113 miles paying $486, then picking up load going 360miles columbus oh to west dundee il paying $1000, then chicago to greensboro NC $1325. Last week i ran 3251 miles and avg 1.63, deadheaded all week less than 150 miles. Ive done real good since coming back to SNI on this program. anything else you wanna know feel free to ask
What kind of restrictions do they have on the age of the tractor ??? Are you useing their trailer ???
Old 01-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Senior Board Member

SNI trailers and no age restrictions.

Marcel, it's been awhile. Didn't realize you were going back there, glad to see it's working out well.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_ca_la
Quote:
What kind of restrictions do they have on the age of the tractor ??? Are you useing their trailer ???
That sounds pretty good. I have been considering this program myself. Friend of mine is gone to oreintation. Im kinda waiting till he gets going, Ya know using him for a Guinea Pig. LOL
No age restriction on tractor, but they do a very thorough inspection on tractor, any issues must be repaired prior to leasing. From what I am told they will do repairs in their shop. Freind told me they wrote up 3,600 dollars on one guys truck, he said no thanks and Bobtailed back home.

Just Food For Thought.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Ive done real good since coming back to SNI on this program. anything else you wanna know feel free to ask
How long do they require you to stay out? do you have to stay in contact with anyone? everyday?

Old 01-23-2008, 04:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Hi.........No worries, yeah im back, nothing wrong with roadrunner just felt more at home here...........yeah there are no age restrictions on tractors and you go home whenever you want to,,,,,,,,, and i spend alot of time at home :-) i usually go home on friday afternoons and leave out monday mornings, NO trailer rent, lots of drop and hook, you pay for your own plates......or if you get sni tags they charge you $50 per week until paid for. They are apportioned out of indiana. There is no one that i stay in contact with, ive been back here 2months and have had to call maybe 4-5times fpr various reasons, Need an MT trl,etc. As far as work on your truck, they inspect your truck(a regular DOT inspection) and anything wrong they WILL fix. If its over a certain amount then you have to sign a promissary note blah blah blah. But i can assure you that you cant find parts and rates lower anywhere else, I buy all my parts from schneider(payroll deducted) and they always have in stock at all the operating centers, ie, i change my own oil, week before last bought 7gallons rotella T, 2 oil filters and fuel filter.... all for $84. Sorry to ramble on.....i know i use alot of commas
Old 01-23-2008, 07:20 AM
Board Regular

ran 3251 miles and avg 1.63, deadheaded all week less than 150 miles.

Is that gross or before Schneider takes their percentage?