User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD60
ran 3251 miles and avg 1.63, deadheaded all week less than 150 miles.

Is that gross or before Schneider takes their percentage?
no this is after....................when u look at load board, its already broken down as to what you get paid and the rate per loaded mile......... they dont put the gross amount up. this week, ive gotten all my loads until i deliver by the house friday afternoon, i will have ran 1221miles(since monday) and netted(b4 fuel) 2791$........i stay in chicago/ohio/indiana/ run short loads this week :lol:
Old 01-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Once a pumpkin... :lol: I like the way the program's set up. If they stick with the model and don't tinker I think it will work well for all involved. If I was a solo in the right region, I'd seriously consider it, knowing the system like I do.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Senior Board Member

ok i'm intrigued,who pays for fuel taxes?

what happens if you have a load pre-booked and get delayed for any reason,any trouble getting it covered?

in your opinion could a guy do pretty good just running in the Great Lakes area?

what about a rider program?

Old 01-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
ok i'm intrigued,who pays for fuel taxes?

what happens if you have a load pre-booked and get delayed for any reason,any trouble getting it covered?

in your opinion could a guy do pretty good just running in the Great Lakes area?

what about a rider program?
they file your fuel taxes for you but they deduct it from your settlement.......

i havent had a problem booking a load and then getting delayed, but if you are delayed for some reason traffic,etc, just call em as soon as you know youll be late, they say communication is the key

i do very well and for the most part thats all i do is run the midwest between ohio and illinois/down to kentucky/and back to chicago, then when its time to go home in NC, find me a load going that way. Since 12/08 ive done 25 loads, ive yet to do a load that had a live load and live unload(although they are on the board) i just look for drop n hook loads....

rider program is 20 something dollars per month........
Old 01-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_worries
Once a pumpkin... :lol: I like the way the program's set up. If they stick with the model and don't tinker I think it will work well for all involved. If I was a solo in the right region, I'd seriously consider it, knowing the system like I do.
yeah if im not mistaken you have to live east of the misissippi, although they do have freight going to all 48 states.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:41 PM

Thanks for the reply Marcel,I am in Charlotte, now for oreintation just finished up have a couple of repairs I have to have ops: but will be in class tomorrow for the computer class,will contact you sometimes v.ia e-mail. So far so far so good
Old 01-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Senior Board Member

thats good.........computer class is only 2-3 hours with about 10 fifteen minute breaks LOL just kidding,,,,,,, good look and looking forward to your email,,, let me know if you need anything.......... DONT EAT THE MEATLOAF in the cafeteria :lol:
Old 01-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Senior Board Member

pm sent marcel

Old 01-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
yeah if im not mistaken you have to live east of the misissippi, although they do have freight going to all 48 states.
No teams either. Too bad, I know what SNI's team freight pays them :shock: I'd have no problem running for a percentage of that :lol:
Old 01-24-2008, 06:33 AM
Rookie
Default Marcel: MN freight

Will Schneider give examples or pages of their available loads (for example, when you call Landstar, they send pages of outbound freight from your area) so a person could get some kind of idea of what they have and it's rates? I'm out of Minneapolis, wondering how hard it would be to get in & out of here on a semi-regular basis (after maybe 10-14 days out).

I like to run primarily Midwest, South & Southeast (not crazy about East Coast - NY, NJ, etc), would be nice to have an idea of what's actually available for choices and if it's feasible rate-wise before jumping in.

If a load is booked, will it quickly disappear off the site so you don't run into the issue of where you'd try to book the load and find it gone?

I'd like not having to call someone constantly, if you can actually pick and click freight and plan yourself out, it would be nice.

Does Schneider use PrePass? I have a PrePass unit still from a former company but my current company won't allow me to use it.

I'm tossed between Landstar, Schneider and a traditional company out of Minneapolis. But I'm quite jaded on dispatchers whom don't listen nor understand what it takes to keep a truck floating as an owner/operator. I know best how I want to run and what I need to do it. My current company's dispatcher was booking me loads as low as .65cpm TTT. I wish I was joking. I don't need that kind of "planning". Lol.

I truthfully would have never considered Schneider until I found out they have a pick-your-own load option. I figured they were "too big" but in this case, having much freight to choose from, if you can do it yourself, being that size is an asset.

Thank you for any info.