Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth

One thing I've found on this forum is that lots of people are willing to give advise when none was asked for and if I don't do exactly what you say, well, all Hell breaks loose. This wire was such a trivial thing to fix.

A million things have happened to me on the road that I haven't posted. Nothing serious but would have resulted in 45 pages of responses, suggestion and criticism and all I want to do is write about it because it's interesting but I won't.
What the hell do you think a forum is? If you can't handle someone responding to your posts (which obviously you can't), then get yourself a blog and post there. :roll:

Quote:
On another note, I was thinking about replacing all the lights in my dash with blue led's. Led technology has really taken off in the past few years and especially with very bright blue ones. I think the dash would look very cool and appealing to the eyes if everything was blue.
Red, green, and yellow lights on the outside, blue lights on the inside. That is gonna be one gaudy truck. :lol:
Old 01-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

No Rev a Locomotive only has Diesel Fuel lube oil Arcing sparks from flashover hot enough to cause fires in the Main Genarator compartment plus they run 92 days between shut downs for service and produce 4000-6000hp from 12-16 pistons that displace from 645-1010 cubic inches EACH. By the way REV alot of the connectors they use are just bare connectors bolted together 1/2 inch apart carrying over 4000 amps and they do not burn to the ground. I will take my friends advice over YOURS anyday of the week REV.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
No Rev a Locomotive only has Diesel Fuel lube oil Arcing sparks from flashover hot enough to cause fires in the Main Genarator compartment plus they run 92 days between shut downs for service and produce 4000-6000hp from 12-16 pistons that displace from 645-1010 cubic inches EACH. By the way REV alot of the connectors they use are just bare connectors bolted together 1/2 inch apart carrying over 4000 amps and they do not burn to the ground. I will take my friends advice over YOURS anyday of the week REV.

Just so ya know I'm not Rev. And Rev didn't rebuttle you I did.

Why do you think they don't use solder, and any plastic coverings on their connections, or electrical tape? Becuause those connections they have do get warm I bet, and guess what plastic, and electrical tape burns, plus the solder they use would melt, and drip on something they probably wouldln't want it dripping on. Plus they using AC voltage right? AC doesn't lose current like DC does. Why do you think that in your house just twisting wires with a cap is ok, where in 12V DC appilcations it can cause, electrical trouble.

Again, your friends advise works on AC ONLY it doesn't not and will not work properly on DC VOLTAGE SYSTEMS THAT ARE ONLY 12V OR LESS!!
Old 01-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
No Rev a Locomotive only has Diesel Fuel lube oil Arcing sparks from flashover hot enough to cause fires in the Main Genarator compartment plus they run 92 days between shut downs for service and produce 4000-6000hp from 12-16 pistons that displace from 645-1010 cubic inches EACH. By the way REV alot of the connectors they use are just bare connectors bolted together 1/2 inch apart carrying over 4000 amps and they do not burn to the ground.
Huh? I never questioned anything regarding this :?

Quote:
I will take my friends advice over YOURS anyday of the week REV.
:roll: It seems you'd like to make this a me vs. you thing. Why, I don't know.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Senior Board Member

OK,..OK Bandit,....I get it!!!! get thick skin!!! :lol:
Look, I'm not some little kid who has never been insulted before. I simply take offense when I'm call Sh!t, weather Steve meant it or not, or he was just sick of Rev and venting,....I would never do that to someone so I won't accept it when its done to me.
I've had a lot of things suggested to me that all require a simple,.."hey thanks guys, I appreciate the suggestions" that's all,..not an individual insult.
Steve,
Maybe I read too far into it,....I don't know, but if I ever had constant jabbing,...maybe I would have responded the same way you did. Point is that we're all adults here, and a certain amount of respect needs to be shown to all. We all come from different situations, and humor is one thing (I don't actually date midgets), but insults are a bit over the line.
We all have our personality traits that possibly would make us all incompatible if we worked with each other in the same building (I can see the steel cage match inter-office e-mails between you and Rev already :shock: )
But we can all benefit from each others experience here on this forum,.so why doesn't everyone just take a chill pill, and lighten up Francis.
Apology accepted Steve,..drive safe
Old 01-09-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse
lighten up Francis.
Ok Physco. And if any of you Homo's touch my stuff.....I'll kill ya.
From the movie Stripes in case people didn't know. A classic for sure!

So I get up and head out this morning for what I thought would be a nice easy drive. Well, it was one hill and one mountain after another, down shift, up shift, brake, jake and repeat a million times through NC. I picked the fastest route instead of the shortest route and didn't realize until later I could have stopped and met the man in the blue mask if I had gone the other way.

Here I come up to the scales on the border of NC and TN and they are open. I pull in and there are 3 of us in there and plenty of room for 10 more trucks behind me but nobody is pulling in. What the heck? I get on the CB and say what the heck and they said the scales are closed. So I'm the last one in. I get onto the scales and the DOT guy comes out and tells me to pull over and bring my log book and all my paperwork in.

I go in and ask if he just closed the scale and he said yes. He then says I was picked for a random inspection so he closed the scales and I was the last person in line. He goes over my paper work and my HOME MADE LOGBOOK which everyone likes by the way and it's all in order.

So we head out to the truck and he has a little tool box and creeper. Not sure what the tool box was for. He checks my trailer tires on one side and all my straps that are securing the load then gets to my cat walk, looks for 5 seconds and says I'm all set and I can go.

I say, "THAT'S IT"? I tell him I need an inspection and I only have 2 so far and I need a third so I can get my safety rating. He said I was a bad random choice and not today. This guy seemed pretty cool and I yelled as he was walking away, "What if I said you had a big ass". I could tell he was laughing, didn't turn around and just waved his hand in the air.

So off I go and back to more hills, curves and winding roads. All of a sudden I caught a glimpse of what I thought was a light behind my trailer then all at once sparks started to fly. No, not my wiring job you meat heads. I pull over real quick and both tires that were just looked at had blown out and were pretty much melted and gone!!!

There was meted rubber all over the place and they were smoking big time. The first thing that came to mind was, great, there goes my nap time. So I get on the phone and call the nearest truck stop listed that has road service. Big surprise, they don't but they give me a number of a local guy and he's just 3 miles up the road.

The guy gets there and he's an old timer. I told him I have one spare so bring another tire. He was replacing some tires for someone who wanted 22.5's instead of 24.5's which I need so he sold me one of those instead of a new one. He doesn't sell recaps or used tires so I lucked out.

He pulled the tires off and the outside wall of the inside tire blew out. It was about a 3" long split. He figured the tire blew out and with the heavy load it caused the other one to blow out soon after. He finished the job with a total time of 3 hours from my pulling over until I left. I figured this was going to be big bucks and the bill came to $335. WOW!!! Lucked out again. I gave him $20 and he appreciated that.

So off I go once again, no nap and 1 hour behind my normal goal. I usually stop for 2 hours with my nap. All is well now, had some chicken to eat once again and ready to hit the hay, get up early and deliver first thing in the morning. I'll take the rest of the day off and hopefully get another load on Friday.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If you had come through Georgia I bet you could have talked them into giving you an inspection. They are very friendly at that North Georgia scale. Just tell them that you have 100 kilo's of cocaine and have a deadline to meet. That usually gets them excited to do a good inspection. :P :wink:
Old 01-10-2008, 02:10 AM
Senior Board Member

I think the DOT man left a wrench on the ground :?

You know I want that RV they had,..not to mention to be a loofa,....and thats the fact,...Jack!!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse
You know I want that RV they had,..not to mention to be a loofa,....and thats the fact,...Jack!!
Everyone needs an Urban Assault Vehicle
Old 01-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Senior Board Member

So Steve,

How are you and Abigail ? Are you two out and about or back home relaxing?

TW
Closed Thread