Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 10:31 PM
BANNED
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal 95 KW
I'd also like to add, that as long as it seems to take him to get places, with ihs stopping to have coffee, or sleep etc. makes my head hurt. I've ran over 30k miles in the past 2 months...I'm home every other weekend...I don't screw around, I get in sit down and get it over with..that's the key to it..I set the cruise at 70 or so, with a 12 pack of cokes in the fridge and a couple pack of smokes and I don't stop and play around...amazing how much more productive you are when you run like that.
Ya gotta keep the wheels turning and that left door closed....
Old 11-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal 95 KW
I'd also like to add, that as long as it seems to take him to get places, with ihs stopping to have coffee, or sleep etc. makes my head hurt. I've ran over 30k miles in the past 2 months...I'm home every other weekend...I don't screw around, I get in sit down and get it over with..that's the key to it..I set the cruise at 70 or so, with a 12 pack of cokes in the fridge and a couple pack of smokes and I don't stop and play around...amazing how much more productive you are when you run like that.
This is the way I run, except I don't have to stop for anything because I drive local. I work 12-14 hours everyday for a HELL of a lot less money than someone with their own truck. If I had the money to buy a truck I would only be sitting still for as long as the law says I have to.

Teal has a very good point in both his posts, as much as I enjoy reading Steve's posts....I can't understand how he does it.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:17 PM

Jegzus,
Maybe you can explain what you think Steve should be doing different since you can't understand how he does it.
Seems from what I'm reading he runs full days, takes his required time off, takes 34 hour restarts, breaks about dinner time and hits the road after his required time off which seems to be about 2-3 AM.
Sounds like he posts his truck in advance of his delivery and of looks for the best paying load. Granted he uses load boards but seems to do well with them. He's establishing contacts on both coasts. Leaving rates out, what could he do different?
I'm a local (WI) driver also so I guess I can't speak from experience. Just wondering?
Old 11-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegzus
as much as I enjoy reading Steve's posts....I can't understand how he does it.
Steve doesnt know anyother way. He is trucking on his terms and internal clock. He better have those onions ontime Tuesday or he may be buying a truckload of onions. They may not want them on Wednesday. Produce is a RUTHLESS business and if you dont follow their rules it may be costly. I lost $14,000 on a load of cabbage once because the driver delivering was an @$$ole.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
I have my 5th wheel all the way back and wondering how much of a difference that makes on my drives being over weight the past 2 loads?? Will moving it forward take that much weight off my drives?
Moving your 5th wheel forward will add weight to your drives, and take it off your trailer axles.
Rev, now I know for sure, you are one or the other, you are a very mean person or you know nothing about trucking. May be you are both, the way you always attack Steve, all the time for this or that, then to post that fifth wheel thing, tells me you are full of it and don't know sh$t, so how can we believe anything else you post.

if you aim at nothing that is just what you will hit
Old 11-12-2007, 12:32 AM

You guys are too hard on poor Steve. His accounts of his daily routine, dealing with brokers, etc. are dead on. There is nothing wrong with chasing a dream and finding adventure where others just consider it a job. It is a little misleading, however, to newbies who think this is the norm.

I think there should be a new forum topic added to the index. The "Adventure Seeking Hobby Truckers Forum". Steve can be the moderator. How 'bout it? (No offense, Steve!)
Old 11-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Senior Board Member

I don't condone or think everything Steve has done has been perfect, or business oriented, but being as a one man operation, He's putting money in the bank and the bills being paid. He's making money period. The one thing I have learned from his and others (other drivers) postings else where is running a truck like he has works, if he stays as a single truck operation. If he adds trucks to his fleet, then he would be set up to fail, no questions about it. In reality he probley never will. Now, if it was me, I wouldn't run it this way, but thats me. But the main thing is he is making money, and the bills are getting paid, and the truck is taken care of.

As for the others, Keep on attacking people, your just making your selves look stupid. All you do is complain about this or that, but you don't offer any solutions to help the man. Either help the guy; or get laid, or leave and hang out with the other billy big riggers or something. We just sick of seeing this.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhauler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
I have my 5th wheel all the way back and wondering how much of a difference that makes on my drives being over weight the past 2 loads?? Will moving it forward take that much weight off my drives?
Moving your 5th wheel forward will add weight to your drives, and take it off your trailer axles.
Rev, now I know for sure, you are one or the other, you are a very mean person or you know nothing about trucking. May be you are both, the way you always attack Steve, all the time for this or that, then to post that fifth wheel thing, tells me you are full of it and don't know sh$t, so how can we believe anything else you post.

The rev, just hasn't showered in a while and the stench is distorting his senses. :lol: Moving your 5th wheel forward takes weight OFF you drives and adds it on your steers. :wink:
Old 11-12-2007, 02:26 AM
Senior Board Member

moving your 5th wheel forward lowers your overall G.V.W. everyone knows that :lol: :lol: :lol: As far a steve i like reading his posts. So keep on post in steve. I will always be readin them.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 11-12-2007, 02:37 AM
Board Regular