Old 02-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncrider1 View Post
scary stuff DD

ive had a load shift before and i know how much fun its not
Yeah that was definitely some scary stuff......damn nearly needed to change my shorts.....:rofl:I am just grateful :bow: that I caught in time and it stayed on deck and no one got hurt.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2 View Post
DD, See your inbox. I just PM'd you. Agents suck.

Oh and that load that I was dispatched on the other day.... Yea I was told don't ask about the pay. I took 6500 pounds of Lowes plastic 12ft deck boards (137pc's) from the Distribution Center here in Beaumont to the Port of Stockton, CA. Lowes has a DC there.

it paid 98.00 with 30.00 tarp. wow..... talk about friggen cheap. but I do have a job, so far....

I then bounced to Hayward, CA. and picked up a load that weighed 44k and drove it to Yuma, AZ. This morning. That load is suppose to pay 198.00 plus 30.00 tarp.
I got $162.00 for Ontario to Tracy- Curtain van, so no tarp- & that was to get me home xmas eve.

I think I'll forget about Arrow & hang where I am.

-Jack Kerouac, "Mexico City Blues"
Old 02-03-2009, 04:41 AM
Board Regular

Curtian van huh.... What company are you with?
I'd love to secure the load and pull that curtian right over.... Ahhh what a life
Old 02-03-2009, 04:47 AM
Board Regular

DD, Take it from me.... Da chit can hit the fan pretty fast.

Nah.... Not Beaumont, TX. Beaumont, CA. Next to Banning. Where the 10 and 60 meet. I live off the 79 that runs south from the 10.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:42 PM

I had to change my name to jvnd1953 from just jvnd. Hey DD there's nothing scarier for us flatbed drivers then to leave the shipper with a picture in our mirrors only to see it has changed later huh? Dewercs2 Arrow is slow all over. They just laid off 30 office people including my DM in Tulsa. Getting worried about our jobs. You still like regional? I know you said you are making less then you were when we talked on the phone. Got called into safety the other day for a COV check. All cleared and they said I was set to go. Never mentioned me knocking over that stop light. I'm sure they may eventually. I just saw it today and that thing is mounted less then 12" from the curb. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done it. Still feel stupid. Should've known better. Thanks for the advice on securing containers. That port of Long Beach sucks. Suffering from short runs. I thought maybe I was changed to regional and no one told me. Getting better. Drive safe everyone

Last edited by jvnd1953; 02-03-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvnd1953 View Post
Hey DD there's nothing scarier for us flatbed drivers then to leave the shipper with a picture in our mirrors only to see it has changed later huh?
Yeah that ain't no joke!!
Old 02-05-2009, 03:35 AM
Senior Board Member

DD....You really gotta do something about that road (I-10) out in front of your house man! It is just way to rough!! :lol::lol::lol:

And all that construction....could you please have the foremen out there do something about changing over to night work? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Old 02-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
DD....You really gotta do something about that road (I-10) out in front of your house man! It is just way to rough!! :lol::lol::lol:

And all that construction....could you please have the foremen out there do something about changing over to night work? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
No problem, I'll get right on that and I assure you that the next time you roll through it will be smooth.......and as for the foreman, consider him fired!!!!!!! :lol:
Old 02-06-2009, 04:57 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvnd1953 View Post
I had to change my name to jvnd1953 from just jvnd. Hey DD there's nothing scarier for us flatbed drivers then to leave the shipper with a picture in our mirrors only to see it has changed later huh? Dewercs2 Arrow is slow all over. They just laid off 30 office people including my DM in Tulsa. Getting worried about our jobs. You still like regional? I know you said you are making less then you were when we talked on the phone. Got called into safety the other day for a COV check. All cleared and they said I was set to go. Never mentioned me knocking over that stop light. I'm sure they may eventually. I just saw it today and that thing is mounted less then 12" from the curb. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done it. Still feel stupid. Should've known better. Thanks for the advice on securing containers. That port of Long Beach sucks. Suffering from short runs. I thought maybe I was changed to regional and no one told me. Getting better. Drive safe everyone
When you get back out here let me know.

Dang didn't know there were DM's involved. My DM is having a hard time since she has to rely on the Ca agents to load her fleet. When it doesn't happen she suffers along with us. Last I heard she had 28 regional trucks along with a couple line haul guys.

I think we are all frustrated with this new agent here in CA. Seems like we aren't getting the loads, but then that new brokerage info that was posted on the Arrow thread sounds scary. I still see freight running the 10 and 8.
Heck if I have to run into LA and pickup something and just drop in yard in AZ so line haul and take I'm good with that. Most linehaul guys don't like LA anyway.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice View Post
No problem, I'll get right on that and I assure you that the next time you roll through it will be smooth.......and as for the foreman, consider him fired!!!!!!! :lol:
He needs to be...at 1 pm wednesday they had the off-ramps from the 410 loop, on the east-side, east bound I-10 connector, closed to traffic....and not one single advisory sign in place...so a guy might take a detour. Got to the ramp and bam...all traffic was forced onto the ramp to westbound 10.

You local guys can get more done with a complaint then any outsider ever could!! :lol2::lol2: