User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
Well Heck, I don't log on for awhile and changes are being made...
So.... Instead of a Davis truck now I need to look for a Landstar truck huh...?

I'm still with Arrow, They've been treating me pretty good. I've been westcoast regional for about a month or so. I get home pretty often under load and head back out the next morning unless I get a load that doesn't deliver until Monday morning which is ok with me.
I did have a hickup last friday.
I told the truck boss, DM, that I needed to be home before friday 6pm last week. she was ok with it and I was sent to Yuma wed for a drop on thu am and pickup 2 miles down the street. My drop went great but the pick up was 2.5 hrs waiting to get loaded. When I got back to Phoenix my trailer to LA wasnt there so They had me grab another trailer and have a p/up friday AM which would get me home friday for a day then I would head out sat am. Every dang trailer I looked at was screwed up somehow. I found a spread axle aluminum and did a pre trip on fri am. I found a bad cut on the trailer tire so I tried to see if we could fix in the yard. By the end of it I was sent to a tire shop that had me fixed within an hour. Then I waited 3 more hrs for Arrow to pay the company. By 1pm I told the DM I was not going to p/up the load to find someone else to do it and I was going to get a rental car to get home...
I got back today and asked if everything was cool and was told that there was drama going on. I told my DM that I guess I'll be getting bad loads now... 15 minutes later Qualcomm chirps to load pavers for home depot in CA which is 30 miles from home. I've already have a preplan for my next load after I drop.
I think that everything is looking ok for me as of now.... I'm regional staying pretty close to home and making pretty decent money. I run on precentage of a load. I do know that I have to check the miles vs what it pays. as long as I stay at 1.45-50 a load or higher I'm doing ok. Most loads are load and next day drop. So as long as I hustle I'm ok. besides I haven't had to tarp except once while being regional.
Overall.... Not a bad company..... so far... the people in the terminal all know my name and are very friendly.

pb
Glad to see that things are working out for you at Arrow. I did not know they had a % based pay. What % do they offer you?
Old 09-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Board Regular

[/quote]

Glad to see that things are working out for you at Arrow. I did not know they had a % based pay. What % do they offer you?[/quote]

I get 26 % of line haul rate. When I go into the terminal I ask to see what that is and they have no problem pulling the load up on the screen and showing the line haul rate, the miles. I have a formula that I work out and I see what I will make.
I got screwed going to El Paso but made decent coming back. I dropped and hooked in the yard and came home for the last part of the weekend. I have a meeting tuesday night for the baseball team and I will run back out wednesday morning.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Rookie

Hey, fellow Arrow driver. Congrats. Sorry DD but we don't mean to hijack your forum. Dewercs2 I'm glad things are working out for you. I never saw the e-mail but oh well. The Qualcomm is a piece of cake once you get used to it. Just send the right macros in the right order. I'm still line haul and like it. I also had my first truck break down completely and my current truck is the same as yours and I am also having an air problem along with many other problems so after my hometime they are routing me to Tulsa. Their repair policy is a lot to be desired. There is a formula they use which I could explain to you sometime. Glad to see your making money regional. You'll talk to some drivers who are and some who aren't. Even in linehaul. I'm making great money with Arrow. I thought I would only make about $35,000 my first year of driving but I will exceed $45,000. Not bad for first year driving and that doesn't include January because I started in February. Arrow has never shorted me and pays for all layover without question. When I was broken down July 1st it was for five days with a $7000 bill. The owner of the company used his personal credit card to get me going because there was no funding in the repair account. This allowed me to get going and collect the holiday bonus pay. I also received double layover pay. Since were all friends here I'll give you my cell # 626 253-0815. I'm home here in Azusa till Wednesday. Also, where do you park your truck when home. I'm having a terrible time finding a place. Arrow's LP plan sounds good but I've talked to some who don't like it. My trainer did it and he's making money though. He just went Tulsa regional and loves it. Call me.
Good luck to you also DD. Is it Lonestar or Landstar?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:14 PM

man....get to work and quit turnin those high dollor, money-maker loads down
Old 09-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvnd
Good luck to you also DD. Is it Lonestar or Landstar?
Landstar.....however, I am looking closely at Lonestar right now.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncrider1
man....get to work and quit turnin those high dollar, money-maker loads down
lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey there DD...

Rev over on the O/O board is pulling for Landstar, you could PM him for some info. He is kinda rough around the edges but he wouldnt lie to ya...

I think landstar is as close to being on your own as you can get. If you do end up with Landstar just remember to keep good notes about which agents are really GOOD and which ones are really BAD.

GL in whatever you decide.

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 09-18-2008, 01:11 AM

man you need to quit layin around playin pinch-tickle with the wife.....

update man!!!

o....get a haircut and get a real job....
Old 09-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncrider1
man you need to quit layin around playin pinch-tickle with the wife.....

update man!!!

o....get a haircut and get a real job....
believe me, I am more than ready, willing and able to get back to work but can't make a move until I get my freaking 2290!!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:34 PM

DD,

I finally finished your thread last night at around 2 am..... LOL...I started reading when you started it, lost the thread...could not remember the title...and saw it up top the other day. Needless to say I was pretty stoked.

I am started my researching about three months ago, even thought I dont retire for another 5 years. I have a Word file 4 pages long of snippets, companies, links, ect so that I can track all the usefull info around here.

I am a DCC stationed at ATG in Norfolk, just left CVN70 (CARL VINSON).

Best of luck with Landstar. I see alot of there trailors in Va and NC.

Thanks again, Brother.

R/

Jeff