User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
I am sorry I really did not mean that comment to be offensive or to imply that your work ethic was not very good.

I know you probably did pay for your own airline ticket to Davis which diverted some of the cost to Davis.

But Davis I believe did pay for the hotel cost, drug testing cost, checks and allot of other paper work involved. It was my understanding and maybe I am wrong that there is quite a bit of expense involved when taking on and training a new employee. I thought that you only got your first solo trip on August 8, 2007.

I mean if all these trucking companies could train people and take on new people and they would still make money off of them after six weeks of work. I do not see what the big deal is about people job hopping.

I am sorry that I offended you and maybe I am wrong about the cost of training someone in the trucking industry!

BOL

Goin Fer It's Wife
I am sure it costs a lot to hire on a new driver no doubt. But I know for a fact that i have done my share to make this company money as well as helped to raise thier safety score with 2 positive inspections.

There are issues between Davis and I that are currently trying to be worked out. I may stay until the end of the month in order to give it a chance. But the bottom line no matter what is that I have to do what is right for me and my family period!

If that can be done with Davis, than great, if not, than I have to move on....it's that simple. Again, I think Davis is a great company and hope things can be worked out.

I was extremely shocked at the comment because it came from you, if it was from someone else it wouldn't have bothered me. But I do not hold grudges and I accept your apology and all is well .
Old 10-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Senior Board Member

DD

I hope it works out well for you whatever you do! And of course family comes first.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 10-07-2007, 02:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
DD

I hope it works out well for you whatever you do! And of course family comes first.

Goin Fer It's Wife
thank you!!!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 04:17 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
Quote:
DD

Goin Fer It's Wife
thank you!!!!!
Your Welcome!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 10-07-2007, 12:33 PM

Now that's better. Everyone's still friends.

Good luck shipmate. Sounds like you'll come out good no matter what.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Board Regular

I guess I should log on here more often.... The stuff you find out.....

I dropped my load in San Antonio and ran to Clifton, Picked up moulding bound for Olivehurst, CA. I was routed to swing by the house. I ran out of driving hours and slept in Indio. I thought maybe I should chance it and run through Banning or just stop, I choose stop. Woke up in the morning and ran on the 10 into Banning where I got pulled into the scales. I went through and they told me to go to the inspection line :shock: I just had a level 1 inspection three months ago. So in the bay I went. So here I was in the inspection bay.... On my way home to enjoy my few hours and this was cutting into it. :cry: The inspector was asking for my truck registration and I was having a hard time finding it in the book. He told me it should say state of Minnesota on it. So back into the book I'm looking and I said do you mean this sheet and It's Montana not Minnesota. I guess it was the right one since he took it and didn't say anything else.
Level 1 inspection was done and I was flagged for a unreadable vin plate on the trailer. In the comments section he put driver unfamiliar with required documentation.

When I was assigned the truck/trailer Davis told me they would order a new vin plate but it would take a little while.

I was told to go into the little office to get my paperwork which I did and was given the sheet. I was then allowed to leave.
So now I was a lil peeved since the level one flagged something that Davis already knew about. I made a call and asked someone to please make sure this plate was ordered so It would be ok.

30 minutes later I was home and off to look for a car for my wife at the Carmax dealer. We didn't make it there but stopped at the local dealer and after 5hrs we were driving home. Hmmm day off? anyway off to home for dinner and sleep.

Got up and ran to Olivehurst and arrived in the late afternoon a day early. I walked into the office and spoke to the lady there who informed me that I must have been speeding or my logs must be illegal.... :shock: I asked her where I might be able to park so I can spend the night and offload. She told me to see if they would offload me now. I was offloaded and given directions to a small truck stop in Yuba City where I would call in empty the next morning.
The next morning I called in and was told to get to Cottonwood CA so I could drop in Oregon which I did.
I was given a p/up in Madras to go to Minnesota and 3 drops in Winconsin. On my way I had a couple engine codes pop up. I called into the shop on Sat and was told that I should change the fuel filters or wait till I got to Missoula. In Spokane I noticed a hissing sound but checked the front tires and they were fine... hmmm must be normal? never noticed it before.....
Got to Missoula at 10:30pm and went to sleep. When I woke up I figured I would head down to the shop since it's sunday and about 9:30 I'll do a load of laundry, not a chance two other drivers are waiting. back up to Mauralts and I'll grab a bite to eat and then see if I can get a load done.
I'll tell ya.... Mauralts must be slowing down It took 45 mins to get my food. I scarffed it down and said forget the load I've got to get, I jumped on the freeway and started to head out. That's when I remembered I wanted to swing by and see about exchanging my steeltoe boots for a larger size. Off to the sporting goods place where they told me no refund sorry... :sad: So I dropped 100bucks for some new ones.
I got back to Davis and kept hearing that hiss. I asked 2 drivers and they both told me that hissing air is never good... So tonight here I sit in Missoula with engine codes in hand and a hissing motor.
I spoke to the guy who was just issued my old truck. He told me that the truck was in the shop for a blown head gasket, bad cylinder and a bad turbo. :shock:

Now.... what the heck is DevilDice going to do..... Hey DD you need to update please!
Old 10-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Senior Board Member

10/06-08/07
As I am sure you all have guessed, there are some things going on that has made me put in my resignation with Davis. Some of the issues are with me and some with Davis. After speaking with many people and giving it a lot of thought, I have decided to put my resignation on hold (for now). My Truck Manager seemed relieved that I am staying (not sure if he was genuine or B.S’ing) and was more than happy to cancel it. I will give it some time and hope that things will change.

I am currently awaiting a load assignment and was told to check back in a couple of hours.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
I guess I should log on here more often.... The stuff you find out.....

I dropped my load in San Antonio and ran to Clifton, Picked up moulding bound for Olivehurst, CA. I was routed to swing by the house. I ran out of driving hours and slept in Indio. I thought maybe I should chance it and run through Banning or just stop, I choose stop. Woke up in the morning and ran on the 10 into Banning where I got pulled into the scales. I went through and they told me to go to the inspection line :shock: I just had a level 1 inspection three months ago. So in the bay I went. So here I was in the inspection bay.... On my way home to enjoy my few hours and this was cutting into it. :cry: The inspector was asking for my truck registration and I was having a hard time finding it in the book. He told me it should say state of Minnesota on it. So back into the book I'm looking and I said do you mean this sheet and It's Montana not Minnesota. I guess it was the right one since he took it and didn't say anything else.
Level 1 inspection was done and I was flagged for a unreadable vin plate on the trailer. In the comments section he put driver unfamiliar with required documentation.

When I was assigned the truck/trailer Davis told me they would order a new vin plate but it would take a little while.

I was told to go into the little office to get my paperwork which I did and was given the sheet. I was then allowed to leave.
So now I was a lil peeved since the level one flagged something that Davis already knew about. I made a call and asked someone to please make sure this plate was ordered so It would be ok.

30 minutes later I was home and off to look for a car for my wife at the Carmax dealer. We didn't make it there but stopped at the local dealer and after 5hrs we were driving home. Hmmm day off? anyway off to home for dinner and sleep.

Got up and ran to Olivehurst and arrived in the late afternoon a day early. I walked into the office and spoke to the lady there who informed me that I must have been speeding or my logs must be illegal.... :shock: I asked her where I might be able to park so I can spend the night and offload. She told me to see if they would offload me now. I was offloaded and given directions to a small truck stop in Yuba City where I would call in empty the next morning.
The next morning I called in and was told to get to Cottonwood CA so I could drop in Oregon which I did.
I was given a p/up in Madras to go to Minnesota and 3 drops in Winconsin. On my way I had a couple engine codes pop up. I called into the shop on Sat and was told that I should change the fuel filters or wait till I got to Missoula. In Spokane I noticed a hissing sound but checked the front tires and they were fine... hmmm must be normal? never noticed it before.....
Got to Missoula at 10:30pm and went to sleep. When I woke up I figured I would head down to the shop since it's sunday and about 9:30 I'll do a load of laundry, not a chance two other drivers are waiting. back up to Mauralts and I'll grab a bite to eat and then see if I can get a load done.
I'll tell ya.... Mauralts must be slowing down It took 45 mins to get my food. I scarffed it down and said forget the load I've got to get, I jumped on the freeway and started to head out. That's when I remembered I wanted to swing by and see about exchanging my steeltoe boots for a larger size. Off to the sporting goods place where they told me no refund sorry... :sad: So I dropped 100bucks for some new ones.
I got back to Davis and kept hearing that hiss. I asked 2 drivers and they both told me that hissing air is never good... So tonight here I sit in Missoula with engine codes in hand and a hissing motor.
I spoke to the guy who was just issued my old truck. He told me that the truck was in the shop for a blown head gasket, bad cylinder and a bad turbo. :shock:

Now.... what the heck is DevilDice going to do..... Hey DD you need to update please!
I hope that the small rough spots you are experiencing smooth out. I feel your pain.

Did you find out what the "hissing" was? Sounds like an air leak somewhere.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Board Regular

A Valve was dumping the air out. I noticed it in Spokane but thought it was normal.
This morning I was showing the shop and I noticed how it droped my air pressure from 140 to 100 in about 5 seconds. They put the computer onto the truck computer and it showed that I still have a short circuit somewhere but they aren't going to spend money to chase it down. I was told that they have had it in the shop for the same electrail problem and nobody can find it. They sent me to Cummins to get the Valve fixed. A few hours later I was taken back to Cummins and hooked the trailer up. The shop changed my tires on the trailer and found the start of a leaking axle seal so they change that also. They put on new fuel filters too.

So I got to hang at the yard and talk to people today... interesting....very interesting.... in a german voice.... lol...

I took off around 3pm and stopped in Miles City tonight.

I heard something interesting.... Oregon or was it Washington is giving tickets out for speeding... after you cross the scale they check the computer and determine the last time you crossed a scale in another state and do the math. If you here fast they are giving tickets.

I'll try to PM with more later.... gotta get to sleep.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
10/06-08/07
After speaking with many people and giving it a lot of thought, I have decided to put my resignation on hold (for now). My Truck Manager seemed relieved that I am staying (not sure if he was genuine or B.S’ing) and was more than happy to cancel it. I will give it some time and hope that things will change.

I am currently awaiting a load assignment and was told to check back in a couple of hours.
Hubby says that the Truck Manager was genuine. He said that he is a pretty much straight shooter and tells it like it is!

I can't think of one thing that anyone at Davis has told us that has not been accurate or BS at least not yet.

I hope you get a nice load.

Goin Fer It's Wife