Old 02-27-2007, 02:26 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadKing2525
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe4158

Its our land, were just stealing it back, least thats what they tried to shove down my throat last time I went to a La Raza meeting LOL

Yep... it's just like this "Rat" guy trying to convince us it's OK for Mexicans to take our jobs! Mexicans need to be working in Mexico.... that's why it's called Mexico cause Mexicans live there (Or Should be).

And I don't give a #### what type of trucks them Mexicans got.... I don't want them in our (not yours rat guy) country!
This is my country too, you ignorant fuck. :roll:
Old 02-27-2007, 02:26 AM

Don't forget La Raza's other motto: For the race-Everything. For others-nothing.

George W and most of the people in Congress are honorary members of La Raza.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Hey Pakrat, I truly would like to understand why you believe that this is a nonissue? Even if you do have relatives in Mexico, hiring them at slave labor isn't going to help them, but it will hurt all of us including you. Please explain your position on the matter. Thank you.

Also, one other question. I'm wondering how truck drivers are perceived down there? I have been to a Latin America country and trucker drivers were considered the worst, well maybe not the worst but pretty bad. It wasn't something you were proud of. The owners of the truck on the other hand...
Old 02-27-2007, 02:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrick4
Hey Pakrat, I truly would like to understand why you believe that this is a nonissue? Even if you do have relatives in Mexico, hiring them at slave labor isn't going to help them, but it will hurt all of us including you. Please explain if your position on the matter. Thank you.
I don't have relatives in Mexico. I do have good friends who live down there however.

As for the trucking issue, I don't think this is the end of the world issue it's being made out to be. Mexican companies will be hauling freight that originates in Mexico destined for the US and vice versa, the same that's been going on with Canadian drivers for years. We made an agreement, we must own up to it. The dynamics of the world economy has changed forever. Free trade is one of those changes and there is no going back, unless you want to declare capitalism a failure.

The Mexican truck issue is not the same as the illegal immigrant/worker issue but people are mixing the two purposely to stir up anger and fear. IMO it's being done by those with a political agenda for the next round of elections in a "wag the dog" scenario.

Quote:
Also, one other question. I'm wondering how truck drivers are perceived down there? I have been to a Latin America country and trucker drivers were considered the worst, well maybe not the worst but pretty bad. It wasn't something you were proud of. The owners of the truck on the other hand...
The people I know in Mexico know that I used to be a truck driver. They didn't see that as being a contemptable occupation in any way. I suppose it all depends on what country you visit.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:02 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepwing
Don't forget La Raza's other motto: For the race-Everything. For others-nothing.
Woo-woo and amesty is coming too! Hope you gringo's can speak spanish. I already only speak spanish where I live, no one will be speaking english anywhere anymore at this speed.
Had a little problem tho when I offered to join the minute-men. My own homies were going to kill, me and spit on me and called me a traitor.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
As for the trucking issue, I don't think this is the end of the world issue it's being made out to be. Mexican companies will be hauling freight that originates in Mexico destined for the US and vice versa, the same that's been going on with Canadian drivers for years...
There are several differences between Canada and Mexico the first and foremost is the difference in wages between Mexico and Canada. Canadian wages tend to keep be similar to the averages in the US which ascts as a support to rates. Mexican wages are WAY under the US average. ANY shipper or carrier will try to get as many miles out of those low wage drivers for as many miles as they possibly can. And the US government is going to help them.... :roll:

Couple that with the fact those Mexican trucks delivering to "hometown USA" will need to be loaded with a backhaul to make it back to the border....wellll....what defines a back haul and how long will it take for that truck to meander back to the border? How many LTL loads can be piggybacked along the way? What about an LTL coming IN from Mexico....can it pick up additional freight along the way? I'll bet it will be allowed to... :?

And free trade? How many US firms actually carry freight deep into Mexico? Why would any shipper want to pay US freight rates when they can exchange at the border and pay Mexican wages the rest of the way.

This is bad every which way you look at it.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Ok at first blush so they will be hauling Mexican bound freight etc just as the Canadians do; no big deal. But you don't believe this can and will turn into something worse? Don't you find it a bit odd the the same people that are propagating the driver shortage myth are supporting this?

Also, Canadians and Mexicans are totally different. Well that is their system of operation anyway. How are they going to enforce HOS laws and background searches that we all have to go through? There have been many other valid questions on other issues as well poster in these threads.

Me personally, I do not believe this is being intentionally stirred into a racial issue. Of course you are always going to have ignorant people, but that doesn't negate that their are real concerns for this. As I've said several times already I truly believe that paying Mexicans slave wages, if that's what comes from all of this, isn't going to help the Mexicans but it will bring us down.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:36 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrick4
if that's what comes from all of this, isn't going to help the Mexicans .
Hmmm dont be so sure of that; every time when I was running and got close to the border I went over to find a lady to rommance in spanish (Juarez, Nogales, Nuevo Laredo, and El Ceentro). Good Lord, when I told them I was a truck driver (running freight in the US), I recieved the same status as you telling a lady at an expensive N.Y. club that you are a high priced succesfull attorney.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe4158
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepwing
Woo-woo and amesty is coming too! Hope you gringo's can speak spanish. I already only speak spanish where I live, no one will be speaking english anywhere anymore at this speed.
This is intolerable! This "Pepe" and other Mexican rasists think they can spew racial slurs (gringo's) with Impunity!

This poster should be admonished for his racists comment and BANNED from this board!

This is America's "Enemy Within". Many of these Mexicans come here for the work to take, take, take.... but they hate America and Americans. I don't care if they are citizens they will NEVER be Americans!

US law strictly prohibits Foreigners (Mexicans) from working in America.... unless they acquire an H1B visa to do a job that was properly advertised and no American applied. Doing a job Americans don't want to do? Truck Driving? I think not!

NAFTA MUST BE REPEALED ( At Least the Mexican Part!)
Old 02-27-2007, 11:28 AM

I think this is a good step for the relationship between Americans and Mexicans. Latinos are victims of discrimination and maybe Congress allowing the truckers in America it will help the healing.
Closed Thread