User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

We can only hope that the DOT will do their job and keep them safe and in line with current US requirements & regulations. They say only 3.9 % of the trucks will be inspected coming in to United States, and no way of knowing how long a Mexican driver has been driving for, or if he has a record, or if he is on drugs.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Senior Board Member

You can also go to Land-Line magazine online and read the special report bulletins about this Terrible decision.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Senior Board Member

This is a lot different than a US worker saying off shore companies are "stealing jobs"...those are goods made in foriegn lands at their labor standards and being shipped to the US.

Here we have a foriegn worker coming into the US and working in our markets at a labor rate that is foriegn derived. How is that different than a hospital having a Mexican doctor come in (at his wages) and doing surgery in a US operating room? It will save the hospital lots of money but steals a job directly from a US worker on our own soil!!

Totally different from foriegn competion for manufactured goods.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomon

Here we have a foriegn worker coming into the US and working in our markets at a labor rate that is foriegn derived. How is that different than a hospital having a Mexican doctor come in (at his wages) and doing surgery in a US operating room? It will save the hospital lots of money but steals a job directly from a US worker on our own soil!!
Well said! US law strictly prohibits Foreigners from working in America.... unless they acquire an H1B visa to do a job that was properly advertised and no American applied. Doing a job Americans don't want to do? I think not!

NAFTA MUST BE REPEALED ( At Least the Mexican Part!)
Old 02-27-2007, 01:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog2036
What do they look like? Old Freightshakers, Peterbilts, Internationals, KW's, etc....cabovers included. All pieces of crap needing maintenance of one kind or another. And don't forget the obvious, Mexican co. name on it usually ending in "Fletes Mexico, S.A."...I know because I live on the Texas/Mexico border......
The larger fleets (the ones that will be asking for operating authority) run new equipment like Volvo, Kenworth, Freightliner, International, even Scania. Many of them use satellite tracking. The older trucks everyone sees on the border are the old trucks that local cartage firms use to shuttle trailers back and forth. No more beat up than your average local truck in New York City or Chicago. The trucking companies aren't going to put brand new trucks on that kind of sit and wait duty, that would be a waste of equipment.

You seldom see those newer trucks on this side of the border because the trailers are handed off to the local POS shuttle trucks. If you take a road trip into Mexico, for every delapidated Kenworth W900 with a 36" sleeper box you see smoking down the road you'll see a brand new Volvo VNL430 or Kenworth T600 Aerocab humming down the highway.

The average age of a Mexican fleet truck is a few years older than those in the US because Mexican firms buy the trucks outright. The corporate leases that the large US companies use for trucks that they keep for 2-3 years don't exist south of the border.

Of course there are carriers in Mexico who care more about profits than safety, but as we are well aware, there are plenty of fleets operating on this side of the border who are just as bad.

To automatically assume that all Mexican trucks are dangerous based on the ones you've seen running shuttle work would be as bad as a European basing their opinion on the US trucking industry on an old beat up Mack they see in traffic on the Long Island Expressway.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:56 AM
Senior Board Member

The nice old Macks are a dieing breed. You just don't see them around much any more. Nice R- model or a Superliner.

On another note, 96% of trucks entering the US will go uninspected.
That is just, too many.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:57 AM
Rookie

You just don't "Get It" "RatMan". Americans do not want MEXICANS coming into OUR (not yours) country and stealing our jobs. Mexicans want a better life then they need end their cowardice and fight, rebell, and protest for their own freedom and prosperity in Mexico and not come here and steal it from us!

Get a clue!

NAFTA Must be repealed! (The Mexican part anyway)

Here's a little quote from one of our Mexican residents:

“We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him.” Jose Angel Gutierrez, founder of La Raza
Old 02-27-2007, 02:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadKing2525

“We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him.” Jose Angel Gutierrez, founder of La Raza
Gutierrez is a lunatic who no more speaks for the Latino population any more than Matt Hale speaks for the white man.

Quote:
On another note, 96% of trucks entering the US will go uninspected.
That is just, too many.
Are the inspection rates of US trucks much better? In the 3 years I drove a truck (2 OTR and 1 local), I got a ONE DOT inspection.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:07 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadKing2525
Its our land, were just stealing it back, least thats what they tried to shove down my throat last time I went to a La Raza meeting LOL
Old 02-27-2007, 02:17 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe4158

Its our land, were just stealing it back, least thats what they tried to shove down my throat last time I went to a La Raza meeting LOL

Yep... it's just like this "Rat" guy trying to convince us it's OK for Mexicans to take our jobs! Mexicans need to be working in Mexico.... that's why it's called Mexico cause Mexicans live there (Or Should be).

And I don't give a #### what type of trucks them Mexicans got.... I don't want them in our (not yours rat guy) country!