Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Your all mental defectives. I'm not sure why I even post in here.
You know you are one of us......now you just need t admit it....then the therapy can begin :wink:

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 04-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Board Regular

You should try midway truck repair in Midway,pa off rte 78 inPa
They are a big time Western Star dealer and have know their stuff
when it comes to trucks
ask anyone on the cb when you get into pa
good labor rate too
Old 04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04
Quote:
Your all mental defectives. I'm not sure why I even post in here.
You know you are one of us......now you just need t admit it....then the therapy can begin :wink:

tootie
Hi, my name is Steve and I'm a mental driver. It's been 6 months since I drove a 4 wheeler.

There, I feel better already!
Old 04-13-2007, 04:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I stopped and shut down at a rest area in Rolla, MO instead of a truckstop. I looked out the window and there's a cop sitting there and he's been there for a while.
I remember the last time I stopped at the rest area in Rolla,I got the crap scared out of me when the Police all rolled in and woke us all up and told us not to leave our trucks and to stay put.They were tracking a fugitive that had shot a trooper and was hiding out somewhere in the nearby woods.

I remember how eriee it was sitting there and knowing that some killer was just miles or less from where I was sleeping,after I read Steve's post I did a search and found this story,pretty damn interesting always wondered how that turned out.

http://members.cox.net/wot3/shootout.html

Old 04-13-2007, 08:31 AM

That news article was pretty funny how he was blazing away with his 357 killing to bottles of pop and a soda machine and his daughter waiting in the wings with a 38.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:28 AM

Dropped off my load of copper yesterday and made my way home. That 2 hour drive home really sucks. It's just not the same driving when your empty and want to get home. It's like driving to work on a 9 to 5 job.

My truck goes into the shop Monday morning. I have a good feeling that they will find the problem. My guess will be the engine mount. I didn't get a chance to put my camera inside as it was raining out.

I'm hoping to to get back out the middle of this week. I think I have another crane to deliver so that's good.

I'm looking forward to a real good steak today. That's one big thing I miss being on the road. Not able to just pull into anyplace and get a meal. Sometimes I'm hungry and pass by a Chinese restaurant and just die because I can't pull in.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Dropped off my load of copper yesterday and made my way home. That 2 hour drive home really sucks. It's just not the same driving when your empty and want to get home. It's like driving to work on a 9 to 5 job.

My truck goes into the shop Monday morning. I have a good feeling that they will find the problem. My guess will be the engine mount. I didn't get a chance to put my camera inside as it was raining out.

I'm hoping to to get back out the middle of this week. I think I have another crane to deliver so that's good.

I'm looking forward to a real good steak today. That's one big thing I miss being on the road. Not able to just pull into anyplace and get a meal. Sometimes I'm hungry and pass by a Chinese restaurant and just die because I can't pull in.

Hey Steve, get yourself a good small gas grill, then you can have steak anytime you want. I do because I hate the food in the truck stops. Spend the money on a GOOD frig with a freezer, micro, and George Forman. These are a must have for any hwy chef who likes to eat….lol
Old 04-14-2007, 03:08 PM

Ya, I was thinking of that but the problem is cleaning up after. I could carry enough thin plastic plates and silverware and just put them in a trash bag until I got home but how do you clean crock pots and other stuff.

I'm cooking a ribeye steak right now with fried potatoes, onions and garlic then a 2 hour nap. Oops, forget the garlic, got a cutie coming over later.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Ya, I was thinking of that but the problem is cleaning up after. I could carry enough thin plastic plates and silverware and just put them in a trash bag until I got home but how do you clean crock pots and other stuff.

I'm cooking a ribeye steak right now with fried potatoes, onions and garlic then a 2 hour nap. Oops, forget the garlic, got a cutie coming over later.

You use a lot of paper towels and water. I always carry 2 sets of silverware and plastic cups. A Tupperware container and some soap. You won’t need to clean the grill too much, and I always kept it in the side box on my trailer. As far as trash goes, bag it and throw it away every day….lol You’re an educated man, let those creative juices flow and break free of the BIG BAD TRUCK STOPS FOOD….lol At my age, it is much better for me to make my own food…lol Take the time, you're worth it......
Old 04-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Board Icon

I remember being in Bakersfield once at the Flying J. Guys were cooking out in the back of the parking lot, near the freeway. I had to spend my restart out there, and they had their own authority, waiting for loads. It was cool to hang out with them.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Closed Thread