If you have money to burn, here is a safer route :roll:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...iving+training
Old 10-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Steve, IMO, making your own logs is a very bad idea. Some DOT officers are strictly by the book and some make it up as they go. I think this log will get you a hefty fine usually about $100 per page. Contact J J Keller, 7273 SR 76, Neenah, WI 54956, 800-558-5011. They can design legitimate logs to your specifications and ship them to you. You are playing with fire with the logs you showed here. When are you going to load that Star Car, also I have a few more shippers for you. Will email later.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

gone
Old 10-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
It was pretty simple but I'm really sick of Rev and his negativity and the rest of you (not you LOAD IT) that just bust on people so I'll continue to ignore you and keep posting my progress for the tons of people who send me private emails asking me how I'm doing and to continue on.
Typical Steve answer - hell, I was just trying to help. :roll:

I'm sure if Myth_Buster comes here and shows you the SAME problems with your log book, you will be all ears.

You are like a little child with his fingers in his ears, going "LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA".
Old 10-21-2006, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
It was pretty simple but I'm really sick of Rev and his negativity and the rest of you (not you LOAD IT) that just bust on people so I'll continue to ignore you and keep posting my progress for the tons of people who send me private emails asking me how I'm doing and to continue on.

I'm sure if Myth_Buster comes here and shows you the SAME problems with your log book, you will be all ears.

You are like a little child with his fingers in his ears, going "LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA".
He wants everyone to validate and approve everything he is doing. Unfortunately, this " I am bored and want to be a truck driver " experiment without any real world experience, will probably not turn out well.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
§395.8 Driver's record of duty status.

(d) The following information must be included on the form in addition to the grid:

(d)(1) Date;

(d)(2) Total miles driving today;

(d)(3) Truck or tractor and trailer number;

(d)(4) Name of carrier;

(d)(5) Driver's signature/certification;

(d)(6) 24 hour period starting time (e.g., midnight, 9:00 a.m., noon, 3:00 p.m.);

(d)(7) Main office address;

(d)(8) Remarks;

(d)(9) Name of co driver;

(d)(10) Total hours (far right edge of grid); and

(d)(11) Shipping document number(s), or name of shipper and commodity.
Quote:
(f)(5) Commercial motor vehicle identification. The driver shall show the number assigned by the motor carrier or the license number and licensing State of each commercial motor vehicle operated during each 24-hour period on his/her record of duty status. The driver of an articulated (combination) commercial motor vehicle shall show the number assigned by the motor carrier, or the license number and licensing State of each motor vehicle used in each commercial motor vehicle combination operated during that 24-hour period on his/her record of duty status.
Quote:
§396.11 Driver vehicle inspection report(s).

(a) Report required. Every motor carrier shall require its drivers to report, and every driver shall prepare a report in writing at the completion of each day's work on each vehicle operated and the report shall cover at least the following parts and accessories:

Service brakes including trailer brake connections

Parking (hand) brake

Steering mechanism

Lighting devices and reflectors

Tires

Horn

Windshield wipers

Rear vision mirrors

Coupling devices

Wheels and rims

Emergency equipment

(b) Report content. The report shall identify the vehicle and list any defect or deficiency discovered by or reported to the driver which would affect the safety of operation of the vehicle or result in its mechanical breakdown. If no defect or deficiency is discovered by or reported to the driver, the report shall so indicate. In all instances, the driver shall sign the report. On two-driver operations, only one driver needs to sign the driver vehicle inspection report, provided both drivers agree as to the defects or deficiencies identified. If a driver operates more than one vehicle during the day, a report shall be prepared for each vehicle operated.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:15 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If it were me, I would just buy some of the logs you can find at any truck stop. Pilot has about a years supply for $19.95, I believe. J.J. Keller will imprint your name and pertinent information if you contact them. You can buy them a book at a time for about $2 each. If you want to do your own, you may want to pick up a book and scan in the required information.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfmotors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:

He wants everyone to validate and approve everything he is doing. Unfortunately, this " I am bored and want to be a truck driver " experiment without any real world experience, will probably not turn out well.
I dont think he is looking for approval. If that was the case he would have quit this journey long ago when everyone said he couldnt do it. If you started something new wouldnt you want help from others who are already doing it. That is all he is doing. He might do great and then he might not, just like you might have a good year and then you might not. Cut him some slack.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Kind of hard when he first came on here Belittling the Intelligence of pretty much the Entire Forum.
Little did he know that there's some Very intelligent truck drivers on here who actually know the Business.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
Kind of hard when he first came on here Belittling the Intelligence of pretty much the Entire Forum.
Little did he know that there's some Very intelligent truck drivers on here who actually know the Business.
What do you mean "when he first came on here"?

He still does it!