User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin View Post
We left yesterday @ 4:00. He drove about an hour, more or less just to talk since we had never met. The trip is a little over 2100 miles so I drove 10 hrs , he drove 10 etc.. My second leg included Lookout & 4th of July. Lookout was just after sunrise so a few wet spots but mostly clear. It was a fairly light load so made it up and down in 9th. With the jake I never touched the brakes. Sweet! He drove from Spokane in so he could show me where the drops are. This is his hometime. Tomorrow I'll deliver in Woodinville, Renton & Auburn. Then drop the empty in Fife and go off duty ( layover pay) until 20:00 Friday. Pickup the load, pickup Mike and head back to Illinois.

I did have trouble sleeping though. And driving solo is much less hectic. I haven't decided if I'll do it again next week.
And, the camera????? Did you take the camera along???? And, the layover actually gives you time to spend with your sister. Great!!!

I never delivered (or picked up) in Woodinville. Renton and Auburn shouldn't be too bad. The places I went to in Renton were actually designed for trucks. Even had places where we could park overnight and wait for morning to get unloaded or loaded.

Got your feet wet. If you stop doing it now, you're going to miss going out that way.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

[ATTACH]http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/...4d516.jpg]1127[/ATTACH]

Not a great pic but it's not as blurry as most of them...dang camera phones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0919094238_03_zps19d4d516.jpg (66.5 KB, 11 views)

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by RebelDarlin; 09-22-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
She's near Bremerton. I usually take the ferry from Seattle but not this time. Is that more than an hour?
There was a time when getting across the Tacoma Narrows bridge could take as long as 2 hours. I don't know how the travel time is working out,since they finished a second bridge there a couple years ago.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Senior Board Member

I survived a week of teaming and will be doing the same run this week. I still don't know how anyone can sleep in a moving truck. I get bounced around so much I wake up sore and not well rested at all.

They're pushing hard to keep me on this run and it is a steady run (Paccar). The round trip is 4800 miles with 3 - 5 drops and a p/u at each end paid hourly. I also get a day of layover pay in Tacoma. Pays me $1285 gross week, Tues - Sun am.

What do ya'll think, should I jump on this or run?

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
There was a time when getting across the Tacoma Narrows bridge could take as long as 2 hours. I don't know how the travel time is working out,since they finished a second bridge there a couple years ago.
It took just about an hour at 14:00. She did say the new bridge makes a huge difference.

Abraham Lincoln

Old 09-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Senior Board Member

ok no more teaming with this guy. week 2 and he's now showing what an ignorant racist pig he really is.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:12 AM
Board Icon

BLAST! so sorry it isn't working out.

I preferred driving solo, but the few times I shared a truck, I really enjoyed me m8's.
One guy and I laughed so hard, so many times, we had horse voices after a few days.

I always wanted to team with Wot. That would have been epic.

Well... dag Rebel, I'm hoping the best for you.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
ok no more teaming with this guy. week 2 and he's now showing what an ignorant racist pig he really is.
Well, I was going to suggest some "Equate" sleep aid. The runs are through one of the most scenic areas of the country, very enjoyable, but that sleep factor will catch up in a hurry. You may get burned-out in a short time if you don't get enough sleep.

On the other hand, it also helps to have a team-mate that's an agreable experience as well. I know you're white, is he black?????
I've had trainees that were highly racist. It didn't seem to take away from their ability to drive, but it did make the time go by much less pleasantly. I told one that I could do without that part of it, and she shut up for the last two weeks.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Senior Board Member

I've been taking NyQuil which does help me sleep. But getting run down like this is not something I want to do for any length of time. I'm also not a person who can roll out of the bunk and be on the road in 15 minutes.

He's white too, but had a real issue when I ran into an old friend/driver at a truck stop who isn't. That's when the term "n***er lover" started being used. That was it for me. The rest of the trip I was in the bunk unless I was driving.

Abraham Lincoln

Old 10-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Rookie

Malaki86 is right.. no work is worth an accident… it is not advisable to drive while you are uncomfortable doing so, you might end up in a very bad spot… and you are responsible for your life and those around you while you’re driving.. its not worth the risk