User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009, 02:25 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyed Trucking Girl View Post
I wish I could have found someone with a chain. Unfortunately this happened at a small shipping outfit and I was the only truck there at the time. But I will get a chain to put it on our truck with the new company. JIC
Excellent decision... it will be one of your better investments. And like I said, you will probably find that once you are prepared, you’ll never need the chain for yourself, but it’s nice to have JIC like you said, and it’s nice to be able to help another driver out when the opportunity arises.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Rookie
Default Fleets

It seems to me after all the years I have driven, the Large fleets after they hire someone they start looking for reasons to "write you up"anytime you have an infraction, seems like they are looking for a reason to fire you starting on day one. I think it's so if you screw up they have "history" on you and can fire you without recourse. I have not personally had this problem, but have seen it in action.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Board Regular

Hazz ive seen that too. Ive never had a problem. Every company ive worked for has treated me like gold. But then i like to run hard. I cant really stand sitting so im always rolling so thats probably the reasons. But when i worked for a company where i was in the top 30 or so solos out of 1000 drivers i met a couple who worked for the company who were literally getting half the miles i was. And they said they wanted the miles. These werent the whiney nodriving type either. One thing i HAVE noticed is that if people ever give one sign of being one of the 'problem drivers' safety, dispatch and the rest of the company instantly start looking for ways to get rid of them even if that 'sign' was a fluke.

One thing ive noticed about Roehl. I'm getting back in an otr truck and considered them but their oldschool drivers all seem to say they used to be an awesome, driver oriented company but have turned into a big corporate machine with all the suits doing their best to screw the drivers. Which is weird because roehl used to have a killer rep