User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Update

I had my unemployment appeal hearing and to my amazement Roehl didn't participate even through the judge called them 2 times and only got a voice mail box so she informed them she would be proceeding without them. That meant anything they sent in as their evidence would not be considered and only my testimony would be admissible. So that is one victory.
Also I was pre-hired along with hubby to team with another company. All I have to do is pass the physical. Please keep good thoughts.
There is life after Roehl.

Also as a side note Roehl only put that I was discharged and made no other comments.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Rookie

Next time if anything like this occurs TAKE PICTURES. Always cover you butt. Don't lie on an application. A company can say you were terminated, but thats about all. Be honest if a new employer asks what happened keep it short, drifted off the road, got the drivers stuck, no damage, just a wrecker to pull me out.
Best of luck. Hope the surgery is/was sucesseful.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Interesting..

Yes- good advice always CYA and take pictures.

Now when they placed that paper in front of you to ( I assume ) Sign & it probably involved something to the effect of deducting from your payroll the $$ expensive of that tow bill. Did you sign it? surely whenever you read the... your "last chance" .. You SHOULD have said the magic 2 words and beat them to the "you're fired" part.

Did they really want you gone.. or did they just want $$$ to cover that expense? Seeing as you're connected to your husband's medical expenses they probably just wanted you gone right? Because you're sueing them(Worker's Comp). How about medical insurance? they probably wanted you off that too and figured you'd fail to get on the cobra fast enough-- and they could cut their loses.

If the truck wasn't DAMAGED-- if it was simply towed because it was STUCK-- then technically-- they can't even charge you with an accident. So your DAC should be safe there. It's just too bad- you had to let them "fire you".

Last edited by headborg; 08-09-2009 at 04:38 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Board Regular
Default They

wanted to get rid of drivers. And probably a whole lot of sexism in their too. That they didnt get you home for your hubbys surgery.. wow. Id have quit right there. Star once deadheaded me 500 miles to get me home for thanksgiving. Say what ya want but i still love that underpaying company.

I dropped a trailer in a parking lot in kentucky. Came back 2 days later and the landing gear punched through. The weird part.. on both sides of me there were big dirt hauler trailers. I call the company.. get a tow truck to lift it out. Tow truck driver says they built this parking lot on sand and it pretty much happens weekly. Company never said a word about it and didnt dac it. Same company though once calledm e up and tried to charge me for a "jumpstart at home" when my battery died in a truck stop 500 miles away from my house in the middle of a blizzard where i literally had to stand out in the blizzard to wait for the tow truck (bad cell service). Trucking company office scum are just that.

Consider yourself lucky. Sounds like your company has a lot of slime in it. And honestly it blows my mind the junkers some roehl drivers get saddled with.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Rookie

Thank you all. I did take pictures of the truck and I tried to show it to the terminal manager who sarcastically told the VP of the division that I was waving the pictures around and VP then said he didn't care how it happened just that they had to tow the truck. In the paperwork they sent to unemployment he stated it seemed I was more interested in showing the pictures than listening to what was being said. I'm a woman and a mother, I can multi-task. I didn't sign anything which is probably why they got pissy. Good riddance to Roehl. They have become very sneaky and underhanded. I have been honest and up front about the situation and thankfully we have been pre-hired. Onward to the orientation and physical.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Senior Board Member

wow GEGirl. We were just talking about how Roehl sucked and then this happened. Since they just put discharged down and you are already on your way with another company put this behind you and just be glad you got out of that garbage company like you did. Sounds to me that they already wanted to get rid of you and were just looking for a reason to do it.

Good luck in your new job and keep us posted.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:56 AM
Board Regular

Best of luck!!

Let those bastards from roehl rot!If every driver would not put up with this kind of nonsense, then maybe we as drivers would be way more appreciate it by these companies, that are more like scumbags.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazoo64 View Post
Next time if anything like this occurs TAKE PICTURES. Always cover you butt. Don't lie on an application. A company can say you were terminated, but thats about all. Be honest if a new employer asks what happened keep it short, drifted off the road, got the drivers stuck, no damage, just a wrecker to pull me out.
No, next time get on the CB and find somebody with a chain (like me) who will be a good Samaritan and pull you out. Actually, you should carry your own chain and that makes it a lot easier. Years ago, before I grew a brain, I got stuck and found tons of drivers who'd be glad to pull me out, IF I had a chain. After that, I went out and bought a good quality chain and since then I have never needed it except to pull a few people out.

Don't go to Home Depot or Lowes for your chain, BTW. They carry wimpy stuff. A cheap chain will break. You need to go to a farm and equipment supply store. I was able to pick up twenty feet of 26,000 lb working load chain with hooks for $75 a few years ago.

No matter what it cost you, it's cheaper than being unemployed while you search for a new job.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
No, next time get on the CB and find somebody with a chain (like me) who will be a good Samaritan and pull you out. Actually, you should carry your own chain and that makes it a lot easier. Years ago, before I grew a brain, I got stuck and found tons of drivers who'd be glad to pull me out, IF I had a chain. After that, I went out and bought a good quality chain and since then I have never needed it except to pull a few people out.

Don't go to Home Depot or Lowes for your chain, BTW. They carry wimpy stuff. A cheap chain will break. You need to go to a farm and equipment supply store. I was able to pick up twenty feet of 26,000 lb working load chain with hooks for $75 a few years ago.

No matter what it cost you, it's cheaper than being unemployed while you search for a new job.
I wish I could have found someone with a chain. Unfortunately this happened at a small shipping outfit and I was the only truck there at the time. But I will get a chain to put it on our truck with the new company. JIC
Old 08-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Rookie

Well, I have my drug test tomorrow along with hubby then it's off to orientation this Sunday and onto our truck. There is life after Roehl.