User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

FL. sounds like someone there in gvmt has some commen sense, hmmm nah that would never work on the Fed level! It has gotten more and more expensive not only to buy firearms but just to shoot them. I thought about buying an AR or Mini 14 for years but couldn't really justify the $$ for it , now I wish I had. I'm thinking about getting a set of Crimsen Trace grips for my 1911, just to play with, who knows? I've been shooting the same handguns and loads for so long I never even use the sights under 25 yds.
One thing that helped me get "on point"mode was I bought a .410 bbl for my Thompsen Contender and went out shooting clay pidgons with it, that's a blast! You gotta be quick and there's no time to even look at the sights, great practice for deer season with a handgun.
I also do ( or did) alot of long range handgun shooting, try sitting up some clay birds on the berm and back off 100yds and use your choice. I can uselly nail 5 out 6 with my super Black Hawk and thats with iron sights!
We also had a very big local range/gun shop close and that makes it harder to find a place to go "plinking"
As far as more details of what I went thru, I've already said more than I normally would, That's in the past and some things are best left there.
Speed safely and shoot stright!
Old 05-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Senior Board Member

The biggest ridicoulousness of these gun laws are that it only prevents good law abiding citizens from getting guns, the bad guys are going to get them on the black market anyway! They banned full autos because of the potential for misuse, now how many law abiding citizens have them? Very few, but how many gangs, thugs, and criminals are out there with fully auto AKs, M16s, Mac 10s, Uzis, etc? A LOT. How many people die or get injured every year by people with illegal weapons and where unable to defend themselves with a gun of their own lawfully? A LOT. And then you get these anti-gun states that if you do defend yourself with lawfully with a gun, at best you will get sued by the idiot you defended yourself from, and probably lose your guns, at worse you will end up in jail while the idiot you shot lives the fat of the land because he sued you and got all that money! What a crock! These stupid politicians need to wake up and realize these stupid laws are only enabling the people they are trying to stop and disabling the legitimate ones.

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt
Old 05-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

States make big money off of disarming and prosecuting honest citizens. Legislators are mostly lawyers who pass these laws which directly benefit themselves and their comrades. They pass laws and then make money be defending those who violate these laws. You are correct, matcat about these laws only harming honest law abiding citizens. Criminals will find a way to get the weapons they want whether legal or not. It is the lawyers and politicians who have allowed honest citizens to be victimized by criminals when the citizens only crime is to protect themselves and their property. These people only listen to voters who voice their opinions. Write letters, send emails and make phone calls to your legislators. These people only respond to those who voice their opinions the loudest.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickRick View Post
If you're in the confines of a sleeper - WHY would you need 15 rounds anyway? I practice at least 3X a year with ALL my carry pieces - to make sure I can HIT what I'm trying to, without endangering some innocent bystander - AND I'm 1 inch groups with my S&W 99 and Beretta Cougar & Beretta 900S at 25 yards (all in .40 - best round going - Corbon Super High Velocity ammo). So, unless you're looking for ADDITIONAL trouble - I'd stick to legal mag size (and just carry more than one - every once in awhile when things are especially crazy locally, I've been known to strap a 2nd mag holder onto my belt).
Yep, "GUN CONTROL = HITTING WHAT YOU AIM AT!!:smokin:

Quote:
Likewise - if you're in a Komunist State (NY, NJ, Ma, CA, etc.) and you're NOT LEGAL to have a gun IN the passenger compartment - if you have to pop someone - in legal self-defense - you'll still come under scrutiny for having a piece in the first place - though a legal self-defense shoot will not likely end you up in front of a judge (for the shoot itself).
Me, I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried to the grave by 6.....

Quote:
Florida (and many other states) have laws which PRECLUDE someone you shot, while in the commission of a felony, from seeking civil damages against you. In fact, the Florida law says something to the effect that - IF they even FILE a suit, once it is revealed that they were shot while committing a crime (that would entitle the use of deadly force against them) - the suit automatically gets DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE - PLUS - WHEN they go to PRISON for the offense which CAUSED YOU TO HAVE TO SHOOT THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE - they LOSE ALL PRIVILEGES while serving their term, as PUNISHMENT for filing a civil suit in the shooting. Ain't a while lot I love about Florida - but their GUN LAWS are the shizzizzle...
Actually...the law goes even further.... If a citizen of Florida feels "threatened or endangered"....the FL citizen does not have to scream help three times, or try to get away.. just has to "bust the cap". That's why the Brady bunch...the anti-gun wackos, put billboards on the interstates close to the FL/GA line telling "tourists"... That Florida Residents can use DEADLY FORCE!! and the billboard shows a hand holding a "firing revolver"..... Since the law was passed, it would seem that violent crimes where the criminal tends to use a weapon has dropped quite a bit when you consider the overall population increases....and consider crime vs population in a percentage modality.

Quote:
Obviously, if COMPANY RULES prohibit firearms IN the truck and you get caught with one - you'll probably get canned. Still, rather have to find a new job, than get killed or seriously injured by NOT being able to defend myself.

Rick
While I personally do not carry a weapon beyond my "sharp wit" and a pocket knife.... I have never really felt the need to carry one in the truck. I've been in some pretty crappy places, but all the same....I understand the need of others to do so.

But....I feel that a "caveat" needs to be honored: If you get a wild hair up your ass to play "Billy Badass" with your weapon....you better be right, or if you commit the crime....be willing to do the time....

"Macho Badass" is a "state of mind" for men with low self esteem and small dicks.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat View Post
The biggest ridicoulousness of these gun laws are that it only prevents good law abiding citizens from getting guns, the bad guys are going to get them on the black market anyway! They banned full autos because of the potential for misuse, now how many law abiding citizens have them? Very few, but how many gangs, thugs, and criminals are out there with fully auto AKs, M16s, Mac 10s, Uzis, etc? A LOT. How many people die or get injured every year by people with illegal weapons and where unable to defend themselves with a gun of their own lawfully? A LOT. And then you get these anti-gun states that if you do defend yourself with lawfully with a gun, at best you will get sued by the idiot you defended yourself from, and probably lose your guns, at worse you will end up in jail while the idiot you shot lives the fat of the land because he sued you and got all that money! What a crock! These stupid politicians need to wake up and realize these stupid laws are only enabling the people they are trying to stop and disabling the legitimate ones.
Oh but according to our ever so wise and all knowing secretary of stupid..err I meant state, the US in its love of guns is allowing a virtual fire sale of all of these full version military weapons to the drug dealers in Mexico.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Perhaps giving guns to the drug dealers in Mexico is a good thing. We are helping to reduce the number of drug dealers by sending them weapons that they use to kill one another. :thumbsup:

I don't think for a minute that we are sending all these weapons to Mexican drug dealers. If the government wanted to stop drugs from coming into the country they could pretty much at least slow it to a trickle. If they closed the border then they would not have an issue to talk about. You may notice that when the spotlight is cast on a member of congress or the presidency that they find a crisis or event to take the light away. issedoff:
Old 05-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Perhaps giving guns to the drug dealers in Mexico is a good thing. We are helping to reduce the number of drug dealers by sending them weapons that they use to kill one another. :thumbsup:

I don't think for a minute that we are sending all these weapons to Mexican drug dealers. If the government wanted to stop drugs from coming into the country they could pretty much at least slow it to a trickle. If they closed the border then they would not have an issue to talk about. You may notice that when the spotlight is cast on a member of congress or the presidency that they find a crisis or event to take the light away. issedoff:
It is well known and documented that the government allows and controls the flow for the simple purpose of making money.

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt
Old 05-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat View Post
It is well known and documented that the government allows and controls the flow for the simple purpose of making money.
If they actually started "winning" the "war on drugs" - they'd have to raise taxes to fund the CIA (since they make a good portion of their "black ops" funding through the drug trade), and there'd be 100's of prisons, jails, cops, corrections officers, parole/probation officers, etc. OUT OF WORK.

This countries "drug problems", are the "reason for being" of new prisons and the whole "cottage industry" of rehabs, 1/2-way houses - as well as clogging up the court systems and prisons/jails. Keeping people locked up (for even minor drug crimes) gets Federal $$'s for every warm body/every 24 hour period someone is kept incarcerated.

I'm not a proponent of LEGALIZATION either. As a long term clean/sober person - I KNOW what addiction looks like, I KNOW how hard it is to get back to reality, once "institutionalized". But the fact that probably 90% (or better) of our jails/prisons are populated by individuals with drug/related offenses - is very telling of just how badly we're losing "the war on drugs".

ABSOLUTE BORDER CONTROL - is a very good step in the right direction. DEPORTATION OF ALL ILLEGALS - ESPECIALLY the ones who have committed criminal acts, is another good step. SEND THEM ALL THE F HOME. No more "anchor babies" - take 'em WITH YOU. There's plenty of folks who have sat through the "immigration lottery", that enables them and their immediate families to become LEGAL IMMIGRANTS - who want to learn the LANGUAGE (it's called ENGLISH), learn the CUSTOMS, and be AMERICANS (not mexican-americans, african-americans, whatever-americans). My family emigrated from Eastern Europe (Russian Jews) 3 generations ago. We're not RUSSIAN-AMERICANS - we F'IN AMERICANS. "Immigration Amnesty" is a LICENSE to BREAK THE LAW. If any of US tried to sneak into MEXICO and do what they do here (even the law-abiding illegals), we'd be THROWN IN MEXICAN PRISON AND DEPORTED.

whew - I'm on a RANT here. Better stop now while I still CAN...

Rick
Old 05-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Using hyphenated words to describe yourself does nothing but divide people. When people are divided they are easier to control. It pits one group against another. In years past most people came to this country and became naturalized citizens they became Americans. Most left their past heritage behind them. That doesn't mean that you forgot your lineage but you are now an American. Keeping the African or Mexican, etc., only provides a wedge between yourself and Americans. Besides, you are not an African-American or Mexican-American unless you were born in those respective areas and became American citizens. But, we are getting off our original topic. Now, about guns.......