User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 03:34 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd112488 View Post
Maybe i should rephrase my previous statement. i would think that taking the time to line up the trailer would be a waste of time and valuable resources. Kevin, you have way more important things to do than this. why would you take the time when on one hand no one will appreciate it, good odd no one will even notice, if they do you will not get a "ataboy, job well done". on the other hand...it will be hoed up again when you go back next week.
see, that is where the problem lies. you think (and maybe you dont) that you should get a 'atta boy' or a pat on the back for doing something like that. I dont think so. i could care less if it gets noticed. I could care less if someone says, "hey, that looks good..." I'm just sayin' if someone sees me actually doing it...or sees nice neat trailers, they might take the time the next time they drop to actually line up the headers of the trailers. They might take a few extra seconds to atleast come close to not looking like they dont care.

What do you see when an aircraft carrier has several planes on the deck. they are all nice and neat. (granted out of the need to preserve deck space) but because they are professional. Either i spend 15 minutes adjusting 30 MT trailers, or 30 drivers take 5 seconds to care about doing a good job.

what is 5 seconds??
Old 01-24-2009, 04:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
I'm just sayin' if someone sees me actually doing it...or sees nice neat trailers, they might take the time the next time they drop to actually line up the headers of the trailers. They might take a few extra seconds to atleast come close to not looking like they dont care.
Drivers won't even take the time to wash their hands after they wipe, and now you want them to line up trailers?....good luck with that.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:52 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB985 View Post
Do you ever stop with the free labor thing?????????:roll:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
x2 .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R View Post
X3

Must make message longer
OK, OK diehards. Would "uncompensated labor" be more palatable?:lol:
Or, perhaps "donated labor."

Old 01-24-2009, 05:58 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
see, that is where the problem lies. you think (and maybe you dont) that you should get a 'atta boy' or a pat on the back for doing something like that. I dont think so. i could care less if it gets noticed. I could care less if someone says, "hey, that looks good..." I'm just sayin' if someone sees me actually doing it...or sees nice neat trailers, they might take the time the next time they drop to actually line up the headers of the trailers. They might take a few extra seconds to atleast come close to not looking like they dont care.

What do you see when an aircraft carrier has several planes on the deck. they are all nice and neat. (granted out of the need to preserve deck space) but because they are professional. Either i spend 15 minutes adjusting 30 MT trailers, or 30 drivers take 5 seconds to care about doing a good job.

what is 5 seconds??
Jed, I think that Kev is making one hell of a good point here. You don't need to be stroked for doing the right thing do you Jed? No. It's all about having some pride and just doing the right thing as opposed to having a half-assed, I don't care attitude about your profession. Pride in your work. Whatever that work may be. C'mon Jed get with the program or I'll alert Coolio!

Very valid observations Kev.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Who cares... most OTR drivers who pull around a box can give a rat's ass about a damn trailer being straight.. as long as the next driver can put his box next to his most drivers don't care.. its not about being professional. most just don't give a damn...

Oh mighty kev answer me this, where and when have you seen trucks and/or trailers parked straight albeit at a truck stop or a shipper that was not at a company facility (I.E. Swift Terminal, Wal-Mart or anytype of grocery private fleet)??

go to any truck stop there's at least one truck that is crooked or poked out further than all the other trucks, go to a shipper like you mention there's going to be a few trailers out of line but seriously.. who give's a #$%#.. i can give one flying #$%# if a Werner trailer is poking out further than mines.. i can care less.. as long as i can put that box in between those other two on both sides its fine by me..

if you want trucks and trailers to be neat and fancy, go save a couple of mil, by some chrome flat top pete's.. well in your case you sound more like a Freightliner Argosy guy, go buy those, line them all up, and play with them from there... have them all fancy and pretty as can be.. thats as close as your going to get...
Old 01-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Who cares... most OTR drivers who pull around a box can give a rat's ass about a damn trailer being straight.. as long as the next driver can put his box next to his most drivers don't care.. its not about being professional. most just don't give a damn...
Who cares? I CARE!!!:angryblue:

Your attitude, in my opinion, represents a lot of what's wrong today with OTR drivers. If you want to be sloppy about the way you do your job, that's fine. But don't start criticizing those of us who do NOT want to do a sloppy job!!!:moon:
Old 01-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Your attitude, in my opinion, represents a lot of what's wrong today with OTR drivers. If you want to be sloppy about the way you do your job, that's fine. But don't start criticizing those of us who do NOT want to do a sloppy job!!!:moon:
X2 :thumbsup:
Old 01-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Board Regular

well belpre, i like to be stroked as much as i can. and maybe my point was missed. i am not saying what he feels is wrong, just pointless. the industry is not going to change, and there is a good chance that even if someone sees him doing this chore that no one will care. also the lot will be a mess in less than a week after he does it. i also am not sure, in my opinion, that trailers being straight shows a lack of pride...maybe a lack of experience. and for someone that preaches "do not work for free", you should now that he will not be payed for this. and my theory of work smarter, not harder would say don't do it because it is a waste of time, because like i said, it will be a mess again in less than a week. so why do it. i personaly think that the lack of cleanliness of drivers, the lack of common courtesy on the road, and the local guys...yeah you belpre, looking down on FELLOW drivers show a lack of proffessionalism. yup, that is right, we are all DRIVERS. some otr, some local, but all drivers. and we all got our start in the same place.

lets look at another angle for the trailer issues when dropped, this pisses me off to. but, maybe that driver in order to save a road service call limped that trailer to a drop yard. he/she called in to let the company know that the trailer was in need of repair, what they did, and where the trailer was. then the company did not follow through. i know i for one would rather limp a trailer somewhere to be fixed, then sit on the side of the road for hours for a road service...it is also cheaper this way. and while i am on this subject, and the other reason i would do this is because 80% of drivers will not even slow down or merge over a lane for a truck or 4 wheeler on the should. i'll be damned if i get killed sitting on the side of the road for a flat tire. hopefully now i am a little more understood.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:

what is 5 seconds??
Ok... You never got to see the USS Forstall with the fantail on fire and a couple of the 500 pounders went down a couple of decks...

Old 01-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:

ok Thomas.. you the Kev and Dory hook up start going to your Pilot's, your T/A's, and your Flying J's and tell your Good ol' "so called" professional buddies "hey can we line are trailer's up straight at DC and shippers??"

I will say this, if i got to a shipper to pick up a backhaul and i drop my trailer in a lot and they are all straight and neat then i will line my trailer up accordingly.. but if not why should i care?? the operator of the shipper/Dc don't care then why should we??

And talk about Professionalism, hell most the same people who we drop our trailer's off to treat us like ****.. yeah thats real professional,

if you three want to start the war on trailer angling be my guess.. but odds are your going to pick up on mainly death ears!!

Last edited by Hawkjr; 01-24-2009 at 07:28 PM.